1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

question about Gaara Naruto fight

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by fireofthewill, Oct 9, 2006.

1. fireofthewill

Ummm, why did Gaara get out of the sand. I mean, wasn't that kind of retarded. Naruto was only able to beat him because Gaara was headbutted. In the beginning, Gaara was in the sand and then came out to let Shukaku take over. Thats logical and I can understand if he needed to be outside for Shukaku to take control, but after he was awake, couldn't he have retreated back in the sand like before he used the sleep jutsu? I'm just curious, or is it just plot no jutsu?

Tags:
  2. socomberetta

He probably was too pissed at that point to do anything but call on the sand to crush Naruto.

It'd only be considered a plot hole if Gaara acted out of character, which I think he didnt.

3. Naruko Supporting Staff

Gaara was also very low on chakra at that point and had taken quite the beating (vis a vis Shukaku, after all they are still linked). He probably also just wasn't able to do a full retreat any longer. As we see at the end, he can't lift his little finger even to get away from Naruto when Naruto crawls over to him. Toward the end Gaara was just flat out pooped (remember how tired he was to start with from Sasuke's fight as well).

4. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

5. The Fourth Hokage

I would say that Gaara was exhausted and low on chakra. Naruto did give him a pretty good fight and actually hurt him. On top of the Naruto is a chakra whore and tends to outlast his opponents.

6. Futagokage

Maybe he cannot use jutsu inside the sand, he has to get out in order to sleep and left that adorable Tanuki rampage happily. All that has been said above me also sound reasonable.

7. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    its plain and simple plot no jutsu...there is no CLEAR reason that Gaara had to be outside of Shukaku for him to come out other than for Naruto to headbutt him.
    This is similar to how the half-demon Gaara that Naruto fought no longer had the shield of Sand...Sasuke had a jutsu (chidori) to deal with the shield, but since Naruto didn't have a jutsu that could pierce it, Gaara suddenly loses the ability to use the AUTOMATIC sand shield.

pure PnJ.

8. Grrblt

Well actually, the Shield has a habit of not working against Naruto. Lee's hospital bed, for example, and then after the headbutt too. But I agree that it's pure pnj.

9. superfurrykel

I dont think the sand work as well with Naruto, like Garaa, Naruto's Kyuubi chakra protects him. Like when he was engulfed by the sand, he blew it away with Kyuubi's chakra.

10. Black Mage

If Gaara went back into his sand bubble all Naruto would have to do is make Shadow Clones and have them all do Rasengan and then attack the Sand Bubble all at once and then Gaara would've been exploded

+ it made for a better storyline...DUH!!!!

11. ChinYisou

I could go all Gaara fangirly and say that he wanted to be beaten after all this time.. and now he was so drained, blah blah blah.. but I won't.

I like to think of it as no matter how depleted Gaara is of energy, no matter how much he knows he might be beaten one thing would never leave him, at that point anyway. He liked watching people die.. bit hard to do while incased in sand don't you think? He'd want to see Naruto scream, feel the blood on his skin, taste it.. That for him was probably too much to pass up. He didn't expect to lose, doesn't explain the lack of automatic defence, but since pretty much all of the sand was consumed by Shukaku's full form I won't worry too much about that.

He wanted to watch Naruto die, that's my reason.. plus people who fight against him like that intrigue him. Just like Lee, just like Sasuke (to a lesser extent), he was intrigued, he wanted to watch..

Is it just me or did I just make Gaara sound like some very creepy voyeur?