1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Hiraishin (Name, not inner workings)

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Faceless, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Faceless Member

Alrighty, I've read in a number of threads for quite some time now that "Hiraishin no Jutsu" means "Flying Thunder God Technique."

However, when I translate Hiraishin (Romaji) using an online Jap <-> English Translator, I come up with something entirely different: "Lightning Rod"

I tried breaking Hiraishin down into parts, and found Hirai to mean come flying (of migrating birds) and Shin to mean a host of things, none seeming to fit Thunder or God...

I don't claim any profficiency in Japanese, and am aware that depending on the characters used and context, things can have vastly different meanings - so I'm wondering which is correct?

The translator I used for anyone wondering, or desiring to check its accuracy.

Cheers

Tags:
  2. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

Hiraishin means "Flying Thunder God"
    飛 = Hi = Fly
    雷 = Rai = Thunder
    神 = Shin = God

3. Hef Night Work

Thanks a lot SS. :glomp

And now, do you have any further questions on this matter? :amuse