1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Question about the clones

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by whiteflash87, May 30, 2007.

1. whiteflash87 New Member

Can the clones do jutsu? We have seen Naruto's clones doing henge no jutsu and Sarutobi used clones to defeat 1st and 2nd hokages with demonic soul seal. We have also seen Kisame using water clones to form water prisons on Lee, TenTen and Neji. But can the clones do other jutsu like earth, water and fire jutsu? Please share your thoughts.

Tags:
  2. Fonster Mox Khe Tyūbi

Well I guess if they can do those jutsu, there's no reason they couldn't do others ;)

Itachi can make his shadow clones explode remember? :D

3. Continuity .

It depends on the clone. Kage Bunshin clones can probably do anything the user can, as long as they have enough chakra.

As for other types of mid/high level clones like Mizu Bunshin, I'm not sure how much they can actually do. We've seen them make water prisons, but then they are combinations of water and chakra to begin with, so I don't know if they can do much more than that.

I'm thinking the only clones that can't do anything on their own are the clones made with Bunshin no Jutsu (rank E?), as they are simply images with no real form. They aren't even there, if you throw a stone at them, it will fly right through.

4. Isourou-san Official Urahara Freeloader

IIRC, Zabuza had to keep his Water clones in sight in order to be able to prevent them from disappearing. I don't think the same rule applies to Shadow clones though, so Shadow > Water clones probably.

5. Akatsuki_Naruto Copy Ninja

Hmmm nice thought yeh i agree wid most ppl depends on the clone either normal clone, water clone or shadow clone

6. TurboCod Member

What I don't get is whether the real person basically splits between all of the clones. With his mind in all of them at the same time. Or whether they split completely from them forming thier own mind. I always thought it was the first one but now I'm starting to wonder whether the clones act like thier own seperate people.

7. Continuity .

If you're referring to Kage Bunshin no Jutsu, every clone is their own seperate person, with their own mind. I can't really elaborate without spoiling anything though.

8. Yuffie

Clones could do jutsu. I can't really explain why because they'd lead to major spoilers...

9. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

Clones can do jutsu if you have the chakra. If you make 4 clones, your chakra divides into four, even then, if you have enough chakra you can use any jutsu within the limitations as you wish.

10. Even [Taka] Translator

Kage Bunshin divides the users chakra between the clones (and the user himself). This way, shadow clones at least can do jutsus:grin This is also why the Sharingan can't see through the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu:grin