1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Question about the Grand Line

Discussion in 'One Piece Harbour' started by geG, Sep 27, 2006.

1. geG

This may have been answered at some point in the series, but how does one leave the Grand Line? Don Krieg's ship apparently fled the Grand Line after being attacked by Mihawk, but how the hell did they get off it? It's surrounded by the Calm Belt and everything, isn't it?

Tags:
  2. Monkey D Luffy UK

since reverse mountain is at the start and raftel is at the end i would've thought that if don krieg escaped the grand line it might've been something like rainbow mist or there was a one in a million fluke that allowed them to escape. I'm guessing that this was done before Oda fully fleshed out the concept of the Grand Line.

3. Hitotsumami

Either Oda didn't think that far ahead about how he was going to make the Grand Line, or Krieg was lucky and wasn't attacked by anything as he journeyed through the Calm Belt.

This would be a good SBS question.

4. Louis-954

We can say same about Arlong, he returned came to the East Blue from the Grand Line when Jimbei left to became a Shichibukai.

5. Suzumebachi

^There are many paths on the Reverse Mountain, not just the one.

There should be eternal posts to the Reverse Mountain.

6. Louis-954

Meaning that the sea's only meet as in its an entrance, not an exit.

The Shichibukai are sort of on the World Goverments side, so this explains why Mihawk was able to cross(supposedly) the Calm Belt to pursue Krieg.

This is the only exit of the Grand Line besides Raftel(ill get to that later) and the only entrance to the Grand Line besides the beginning of the Reverse Mountain(where the 4 seas meet). Mihawk may have also took this route to pursue Krieg. However its impossible that Krieg, Arlong and Zeff came back to the East Blue via this route. I doubt the World Goverment would just let them through.

As in this is the exit of the Grand Line. I doubt Krieg made it there on his 7 day voyage. I also doubt Mihawk, Arlong or Zeff came through here because the only person to confim this place exists is Gol D. Roger.

I believe Mihawk has been there before because I think he was rogers nakama, but thats just theory so I wont get into that and wont say its true.

The only person with the ability to leave the Grand Line at will out of all these people is Mihawk as he has ties with the government. All in all I dont think Oda had a plan for the Grand Line as of yet, therefore creating his first and only plot hole.

7. Dragon_Fire

Wow I never really thought about that. The calm belt is fairly much impossible to get through, perhaps kreig was able to lasso one of the sea monsters?

8. Loki

Well i guess thats youst another story will never know =D

9. Bananna

The calm belt could have been where he encountered so many problems; after all, from what we've seen of Grand Line so far, a moderately strong crew wouldn't do as badly as his did.

10. Louis-954

Imo the Grand Line wasnt all it was hyped up to be. I mean Buggy and Alvida have survived there for a while, I still love it though, really epic fights/arcs
    <3333.