1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Question on Naruto's Childhood

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Kuroro, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Kuroro Skill Hunter

I'm not sure if the topic I am about to discuss is a plot hole or not, but one thing that I have been thinking here lately is why Naruto's early childhood memories contain no references of anyone trying to lay a hand on him. I mean, take a look at a few things we do know:

--The villagers considered Naruto to be the demon fox itself. They fear Naruto, they loathe him, they hate him as much as Sasuke despises Itachi, yet why did the villagers not try to kill Naruto? When Orochimaru encountered Naruto for the first time in the Forest of Death, for example, he was surprised that the Kyubi-boy was still alive.

--The Sandaime Hogake had made it forbidden for the villagers to tell anyone, even their own children, that Naruto contains the power and spirit of the Kyubi; but, Sandaime also admits that plenty of villagers did not obey him, and for that, they were severely punished. In a comparison to Gaara's background, we learn that plenty of attempts were made on his life. Naruto, to the eyes of most, if not all the villagers, was a constant reminder of that dreaded day the Kyubi appeared. What could cause the villagers to fear Naruto to the point that they would not even dare try to kill him?

--Lastly, I have to wonder if the time Naruto went berserk against Haku is actually the first time he actually did. We know that when Naruto's emotions skyrocket, or when his body faces mortal danger, the power of the Kyubi is instinctively called upon. As a young child, Naruto would be in no position to stop the process, especially since the seal was designed to act that way. If one night, for example, that someone actually attempted to kill Naruto when he was...oh, let's say...four/five years old for example...he would not remember himself going Kyubi, and perhaps killing the would-be assassin. This would perhaps explain as to how exactly why the villagers consider Naruto to be the incarnation of the Kyubi-no-Yoko itself.

Any relevant thoughts to this as well? :huh

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni Active Member

Um, the Yondaime Hokage died wishing for Naruto to be seen as a hero.

It is highly likely that the Sandaime Hokage made harming Naruto punishable by imprisonment.

And then there's the fact that Naruto never caused any known damage + he could grow up to be a useful weapon for the village. Why kill him?

All attempts on Gaara's life were from the orders of the Kazekage. No one tried to actually kill Gaara prior to the father's attempt that we know of. Gaara was the son of the Kazekage and the village's weapon...no one probably dared.
    I don't recall him every saying that.

I recall him simply saying there's a punishment for revealing Naruto's secret.

3. Sexta Espada Kylahullu

The Kyuubi killed their strongest Hokage. What would make you think they thought they stood a chance against him, if he was the demon, according to them? What you said at the end of your second point is likely true.

And the seal was breaking, it started after the Demon Bros attacked Team 7, when Kyuubi healed him. And then his best friend seemingly died right in front of him, to protect him. Wouldn't you be very mad if that happened to you? Of course, but if it happened a few years earlier, the seal would have probably been much stronger, so he wouldn't have gone beserk.

4. G-Man It Ain't Easy Being G...

It probably wasn't mentioned since I doubt even Kishimoto expects us to believe a kid who had an upbringing close to Gaara's could want to become his village's hero and leader.

Maybe the old man gave Naruto ANBU protection (ANBU he could trust 100%). If he took a hard stance early on and really did execute anyone who talked about Naruto being the vessel, it would have spooked the rest into toeing the line.

5. Vox wub wub wub

More likely than not, the village was scared of him...

6. Naruko Supporting Staff

Gaara was only attacked under the orders of the Kazekage, everyone else in the village gave him a wide berth. Naruto was hated but he didn't seem to be *feared* the same way Gaara was. Gaara's bijuu made him by nature a lot more unstable (he couldn't sleep, it was stronger in its influence during full moon, etc) plus Gaara seemed to have been encouraged to train to use it for fighting from the get go. Naruto wasn't even *told* about his bijuu until Mizuki blabbed. Sandaime took great care to make sure Naruto led a much safer and more peaceful existence than Gaara did. Naruto's childhood was icy cold with loneliness, but it wasn't violent. There was no motivation to kill him even if you hated him, he was just a little kid, otherwise harmless (again, unlike Gaara with his killer sand).

It's not a plot hole so much as it shows how careful Sandaime was with protecting Naruto (plus those with the skills to kill, the trained ninja's of the village would've known Naruto's secret and I'd wager most trusted the Sandaime and Yondaime's decisions and choices re: naruto).

7. G-Man It Ain't Easy Being G...

For someone who calls herself a newbie fangirl, you are awesomeness! :nod A few more posts like this and peope will be saying, "Listen to Cynycyl!"

8. Kaminari Active Member

I think most of the adult population of Konoha knew that he only was the vessel of Kyuubi, but they still held a grudge against Kyuubi for killing so many of people from the village. And since Sandaime made the law that forbid them from mentioning this to the younger generasjon or harm Naruto. The villagers decided to shunn him instead and pass this hate down to their children. The grudge would probably be forgotten, but Naruto decided to pull all those pranks around the village to get attention which most likely made them hate him more. Since it could look like it was Kyuubi who was mocking them through Naruto.