1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Questions on PS CS2

Discussion in 'Art 101' started by Leen, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Leen Peacemaker

I am using cs2 now but I am new to this PS thing. I like to know what does it mean by hue, staturation, color, luminosity and other blending options. Also, how can I make something becomes glittering like the stars and the sun. Also, how do I colour a plain background?? I find it very difficult since I dont know how to mix and match the colour. I try to make the wall to have a woody feeling or the feeling of the uneven paint but to no avail.

Another question what is etheral colours??

I will appreciate your help very much if someone is willing to help me out.

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. syarul hidden love village

to much! read the manual and tutorial first before posting!

3. StoneWalker RoCK TeH LoTuS

Hope this is understandable;

Hue: Simple way to adjust the colour of your pic/ layer. Helps to change the specific colour areas of a pic. Ex.- Making the blue areas look red.

Saturation: Brightens colours (like good laundry detergent)

Desaturation: Converts to greyscale (like bad laundry detergent)

Colour: Self-explanatory, I'm sure XD

The rest of your questions require experimenting by yourself in Photoshop, or with the help of tutorials.

What Syarul said, read the Photoshop PDF files FIRST if you're completely new to photoshop, instead of jumping into online help and tutorials n___n

Other Resources

.GFX Terms Thread
    .GFX Resources Thread

4. chuunin_hitokiri Mendokusai de gozaru

If you have specific questions (like what you posted here) do what these smart people told you and look in the manual. That doesn't work, come back and ask us again.

But since you're new to Photoshop, I'll tell you the best tip any of my professors ever gave. Take any image you want (best if you don't care about it), open it in Photoshop and play. It's the easiest way to find out how to do things. It can also be a whole lot of fun.