1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popilarity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  4. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.
  5. Avatar upgrade for members!
    All normal members can now have 175x250 avatars.
    Read more about it here.
  6. The latest NF Newsletter is out (October), read it here

Questions, Requests and Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Naruto Directory' started by Naruko, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Naruko Administrator

Welcome to the Questions, Requests and Suggestions Thread. Anything from pointing out mistakes in the other threads, translation requests, to suggestions or feedback for the section as well as short questions (e.g. "Where can I find…?" or "Is there a translation of…?"), feel free to post here.

You'll notice that this thread contains a lot of translations (or second opinions on existing ones) as is. So it might be worth skimming through if you're looking for a specific translation.

For the time being, you can also request translations in @Turrin's thread for Translations of Heavily Debated Statements, and post Databook IV translations in the collection thread.
    — Platypus​

Spoiler: Original Post

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
  2. Fay

The word "akogare" among other words is used in databooks to describe Hinata's feelings for Naruto. It can be translated into various things, depending on the context it's written in.
    I'd like to know THE translation that was meant in Hinata's databook entries.

3. Gottheim Realm of the Gods

It means "admiration", "to look up to something". It's kind of a throwaway word, which doesn't mean that much by itself. It's used to describe Madara's admiration for shodai in his DB entry, for example. And I'm positive Madara wasn't gay.:hurr

That said, given the context, you wouldn't be far off if you gave the word a romantic dimension when speaking of Hinata. Her feelings have been made quite obvious, by now.:zaru

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  4. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

Spoiler: What do the bits about Nagato say?
    http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/20398/28?t=1239479992

What do these say about each relationship [or do I need to PM/make a thread for this one?]
    Spoiler:
    http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/20398/29?t=1239479994

5. Doof Member

ShounenSuki already translated the Nagato page. It's in my thread about the minibook. See here. Anyway, I'd like to request a translation of these pages from the minibook:

here

^ The picture comment about Naruto's attack on Deidara.

here

^What it says about Naruto's Kyuubi punch on Neji.

here

^The picture comments about Naruto and Gaara's fight on the second half of the page.

here

^The picture comment about Naruto hitting Kabuto with Rasengan.

I want to know what's said in hindsight about the fights, these would be a good start because they're about the person who is presently being focused on.

6. Lovely ~Miss March

Can you translate this for me? ( only the bottom right panel though, with Sasuke and Sakura) Not really...

7. Darth

On this page. 5th panel. Kakashi says in this scantalation "I used a raikagebunshin so I only have about half my chakra left."

What's the official translation? I know sleepyfans tends to mess up sometimes, but does he say RaiKage Bunshin or is it just Rai Bunshin?

Also, when he says he only has half his chakra left, does that mean he used up half his chakra in the bunshin or that he just has half left period? I'm not getting the grammar on that.

I don't know where to find the Chinese RAW.

8. njt Can I get an ossu?! Supporting Staff

9. Gottheim Realm of the Gods

To answer the rest of your questions, just go there for a proper translation. And not trying to insult your intelligence, but just in case, Raiton: Shadow Clone and Raiton: Kage Bunshin mean the exact same thing. Regarding the Chinese raw, well... Good luck with that.:p

@Lovely Complex
    The panel with Sakura and Sasuke, with the couple of sentences below them? Assuming you didn't receive the answer by PM already, it goes:

Sasuke: Sakura. Thank you.
    -Sasuke conveys his gratitude to Sakura for stopping him, then he takes a step into the darkness.
    -The Shikamaru, Neji, Naruto, Kiba, and Chouji squad presses forward, each one of them trusting the others.
    Naruto(?): Off we go, everyone!

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  10. Darth

This is the naruto translation thread. I don't think Bleach Translations will be accepted here.

11. Darth

12. Dragonus Nesha Le Rouquin Retired Staff

I was wondering what, if anything, the tattoos on Darui's shoulders meant (1, 2). I think there may have been a thread about this already, but I can't seem to find it and don't remember if an answer was ever really given.

13. Gottheim Realm of the Gods

LOL, Darui has tatooed his Nature Alteration proficiencies on his shoulders. Perhaps because he's so slow (his name means sluggish) he wouldn't remember them otherwise?

1) Lightning.

2) Water.

14. Shukumei Here and there

A question on Itachi's line after Kisame says "You are now the last living member of the Uchiha Clan" (paraphrase from memory), "No ... he's not dead yet" in 364 p4:
    いや...あいつは死んでない...

Am I correct in assuming that because he used 'aitsu' instead of, say, 'kare' for 'he', the translation would better be like "That guy isn't dead yet" and therefore more overt support for him referring to Madara instead of Sasuke?

15. Zetaofs He who invents himself

^^ I'm not a translator, but I have a feeling that whatever Itachi was saying there he knew Sasuke was alive at the time. The very next thing that Itachi did after that was go and speak to Naruto in the forest about Sasuke, how Sasuke was pure and still could be tainted, etc. Which indicates (1) he knew Sasuke was alive, and (2) that Madara was looking to groom Sasuke and so wouldn't have let Sasuke die to Deidara.

Anyway, I have a request of my own. In Chapter 366, page 13, I read this:

Naruto: "You're after me aren't you? Then fight me now!"
    Itachi: "I have to leave you, for now... I've got a very important matter to deal with."

The bold part sticks out to me. It makes me think Itachi may come back to Naruto later a la Itachi's enigmatical "gift" in some form or other.

16. Senjuclan Mori No Senju Ichizoku

Could you guys please shed some light on Senju vs. Uchiha:

On this page:Sutol

What does Itachi REALLY say about Senju? Some translators say that Uchiha allied with Senju, who were hailed as the strongest shinobi. Is this right?

Also, on this page:Dokiz1

Some translators have it as Hashirama, and his clan Senju were feared as the strongest while some say only Hashirama was feared as the strongest. Which oone is correct? Thanks in advance.

17. Shukumei Here and there

Thank you, Zetaofs! That makes much sense; I understand it more clearly now.

Out of curiousity, I looked up the bit from 366 - Japflap seems to have translated it as such:
    Naruto: "You were after me, weren't you? In that case ...!"
    Itachi: "I'll be going. I have important matters that I have to attend to."

The raw reads:
    Naruto: お前はオレを狙ってたんだろ だったらここで!
    Itachi: もう行く? これから大事な用があるんでな

I've bolded the part which relates to your question. I'm not really a translator, but I'd say it as "I'll be going already" or "I'm going shortly" ... hmm.

For 386.10: マダラはその力を使いあらゆる忍一族を次々束ねていった
    そして忍最強と謳われていた
    森の千手一族と手を組み新たな組織を設立したのだ
    I took the kanji from the volume, but interestingly all the scripts for the chapter release I see online have instead of where I bolded ... would that change the meaning? It could have been a small textual change for the volume. I don't know enough to be able to answer your query.

For 399.10: 柱間が率いる千手一族は?どの忍一族からも一目置かれ何より恐れられていた

Hmm ... I read it as the 'fear/respect as best' part referring solely to Hashirama, who 'lead the Senju clan,' but I have certainly known to be wrong - don't take my guess as fact! You should get someone who actually knows Japanese to answer your question; I'm just offering what I can. :cry

18. Gottheim Realm of the Gods

Rejoice, my child!:amuse

Chapter 386; p.10
    Itachi: Madara used his power to subjugate every clan one after another./Then he joined hands with the clan that was hailed as the strongest, the Senju of the Forest, thus establishing a new organization.

Chapter 399; p.01
    Madara: The first man ever to take the name of Hokage./The clan Hashirama led, the Senju...//was acknowledged by every shinobi clan without exception for its superiority. And feared, more than anything else.

@Shukumei
    If I were you, I'd tend to trust the source material over any script or whatnot, but in the case that interests us, the difference between に and と is negligible, and wouldn't alter the meaning by much. Dictionary agrees with 次々に being the correct answer, though.
    As for chapter 399: 柱間が率いる千手一族は…どの忍一族からも一目置かれ何より恐れられていた
    The proper subject of that sentence is in bold.

@Zetaofs
    What Shukumei said.
    Itachi: "I'll be on my way, now".
    That's my take on the matter, but it's a question of personal taste rather than accuracy.

19. SakurasIndecision Member

Gottheim! Please help! I don't know if this has been asked before, but could you please translate the scrolls hanging in Sasuke's room? (Explain.)

Thank you!!

20. Shukumei Here and there

Thank you, Gottheim! :wtf I always feel uneasy when people rely on my 'translations,' as I am far from fluent.

21. Gottheim Realm of the Gods

I'll try to do something about the scroll on the far left of the pic (watch out for an edit to this post), but the other scrolls are pretty much illegible, I'm afraid.

EDIT: Sorry, there's nothing I can do, unless you can find a cleaner picture or something. Try asking someone else, you never know. But this is beyond the scope of my abilities.

I'm far from fluent myself, actually. But after hours and hours of swallowing Japanese text, anyone would acquire at least some measure of proficiency.:p

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  22. Shukumei Here and there

A cleaner picture? At your service! link I always recommend looking at the raw volume page for such things. It's MQ, not HQ, though - I downloaded and unzipped the file and the page size is the same as the Read Online, whereas sometimes the HQ ones have insanely large pagesizes compared to Read Online so it's great for zooming in and looking at details/kanji, or trying to read the furigana ... but I digress.

I can see most of the kanji and katakana clearly; just some I can't find that easily when looking around. I don't actually know that many kanji, I'm just used to transcribing from images by looking around on kanji-lists by radicals. Do you know what this kanji is? I had to somewhat draw it as I couldn't find it.

The one on the left has that unknown (to me) kanji, then 達 (or something similar from 辶 that I can't find), then 力 (it may be the katakana カ as kana follow, but judging by its style I'm guessing it's the kanji ... another opinion?), then what I believe to be ントク‼

The middle one on the far wall seems to say (in my opinion) テング and then either ワ or ウ, then something I can't recognize; perhaps it's actually a kanji? I'm unsure.

The one right of that seems to have 伊-blank-男 to my eyes, with the unknown one perhaps having the element 辶 even if not from that radical ... I can't see it well enough.

I'd appreciate translation help! I'm better at transcribing, though some kanji I can't recognize or find too quickly sometimes (i.e. I tend to recognize more prevalent radicals without always knowing what the radical or the kanji mean, so I can know where to go look it up). I've done what I could with this manga panel.

23. ScaryRei Under my Voodoo

This was an inside joke/ shout out between Kishimoto and the Naruto anime director, Hayato Date (伊達 勇登 だて はやと).

The scroll on the left says, "Date Kantoku!!" (伊達カントク)(Director Date!!)
    In the anime, this same scene is shown with Kisimoto's name on the scroll: "岸本センセ!!" (Kishimoto Sense!!)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  24. QuoNina Active Member

Hm. A short question about something Tobi says in Chapter 463: To become complete.

Can I know more about how the phrase is usually used?
    Does the word/phrase "complete" make sense, literally, for completing a novel/story/film production?

Thanks.

25. Sho Active Member

The word he uses is 完全体 and the actual phrase is 完全体になること (kanzen-tai ni naru koto)

It's different in usage from "complete" as in a verb. This usage is more like "to become whole" or "complete oneself"

26. T.D.A King of Football

Does it say Sasuke is his favourite character to draw or favourite character full stop?

27. Infinite Xero I/O

Link
    Could someone translate the Biju/Jinchuuriki Profile Cards please??

28. chickmashine Active Member

Can Sennin mode be translated into the Sennin's body? As in Rikudo Sennin?

29. Hatifnatten Banned

I believe you're going for this part 一番愛着のあるキャラ (ichiban aichaku no aru kyara). Existing character he's most attached to or love.

"Mode" is written using actual English word "mode" (モード mo-do).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  30. chickmashine Active Member

Thanks, however the Sennin part was more important to me? I'll take this as a "Yes, it's the same" but I would like confirmation.