1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Quick question regarding....

Discussion in 'Meta Battledome' started by ZergKage, Oct 22, 2006.

1. ZergKage Well-Known Member

The Neji vs Kidomaru fight. Just let me know what you think.

Ok, Kido said his web was strong enough to hold up/keep in place two elephants. Two elephants would weight roughly 9-10 tons right??? This in turn wouldnt mean his web shield (over his body) would be able to withstand punches from somebody at 7-8 tons right??

Tags:
  2. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

Actually, two elephants would weigh more between 14-16 tons.

And if his armor was that strong, Neji probably would have broken his hands when he did the 64 strikes on him, right?

3. ZergKage Well-Known Member

Tis what i want to find out. I dont think it would be but i'm just throwing the question out there.

4. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

No, because the strength of the material does not block momentum or KE, if he was hit by a class 15 guy his insides would be pulp.

5. Khamzul Read over there ->

^Yes. He would have to have something to take out the momentum and impact damage.

But would he be able to restrain a class 15 (assuming this is able to lift 15 tons) guy with his webs?

6. omg laser pew pew! is feeling greedy

I thought the strikes was just poking him with his index and middle finger, how would that break his hand?

7. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

In theory yeah. I'd actually back it off a little bit (a class 15 person can generally exert more force than 15 tons in some areas), but a class 10 person would probably be caught tight.

Of course, that assumes Kido was telling the truth, and that the "lifting 2 elephants" is the limit of the webbing's strength.

8. Khamzul Read over there ->

^Okay, thanks for the help ^^. I think he is underused in the outshirts BD, maybe we should bring him in sometime? But I just figured out something - Shouldn't what he attach his webs to be able to restrain this amount of force aswell for it to be effective?

9. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Well, if he wants to stick someone to a spot he'd have to attach the line to something that can hold that much force, yes (no use webbing someone to a tree if they can just uproot the tree).

If he just wants to pin arms/legs he would just be webbing a person to themselves. In this case it doesn't really matter if they can survive the forces associated with it, if they can they're pinned, if they can't they'll rip themselves apart.

Using Spider-man's webbing as a template, I can't think of a time when someone's been able to rip apart what his webbing is attached to but not the webbing itself, but Spider-man generally has industrial strength buildings to use rather than trees or more natural elements.