1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

RahXephon

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Arilou, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Arilou

Anyone love this series as much as I do?

It still amazes me that it has probably the best romance in any anim? I've seen to date, yes, including KGNE.

Tags:
  2. crabman

How is this anime anyways? I've heard really good things about it and i've been meaning to watch it but i haven't had the chance. What is it about etc. etc. ?

3. Arilou

It's a *bit* hard to explain without spoiling too much, but basically there's this guy (Ayato) who's been living in Tokyo. As it turns out Tokyo is encapsulated in a "Bubble" of time, so that time goes much slower in Tokyo (currently there's 12 yers difference) Ayato (17 years old) is the "Orin", the performer of "RahXephon" (what looks like a gigantic robot) basically he steals the robot and ends up on a summer-resort type island run by the military who are at war with the aliens who secretly control Tokyo...

That shouldn't spoil *too* much. It's one of those series with a lot of hints strewn about and half the fun is trying to find out what's going on...

EDIT: I just realized how lame that sounds :D

Give it a try, I *really* don't want to spoil it for you, and there's a lot of stuff going on and a lot of interesting characters. (It's often compared to Evangelion, but I couldn't stand Evangelion and loved RahXephon so mileage may vary)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  4. EndlessRain

Ive seen the movie only tho =P but i loved it =D

5. Hitomi_No_Ryu

I only watched the first 8 episodes but I love it so far. I don't care that people say that it's a rip-off of Evangelion, it's an incredibly good rip-off of Evangelion!!!

6. Mindless

It's a good anime. Personally, I think it's much better than the more or less 'legendary' Evangelion. Evangelion had few shortcommings in the beginning but when it came closer and closer to the end, things started to get wierd. And the last 3 episodes are totaly messed up in it. Rahxephon was good from start to end. Not that I particularly liked the Rahxephon ending any more than I liked the Evangelion ending, both are very similar, both are very strange.

As Arilou said, it's about a guy called Ayato and he is the "Instrumentalist" of the Rahxephon (looks like a moose gundam).The instrumentalist is the pilot, but they probably used the word instrumentalist because it sounded cooler than pilot.

It's a anime worth watching but it's kind of surrealistic and strange at times so it's hard to understand.

PS: Kul att se lite svenskar posta h?r, speciellt pite-bor :p Bor sj?lv d?r.

7. Arilou

Haha, *kollar p? ?ldern* 16 eh?

?

Actually there's a lot of musical symbolism throughout the entire series, so it sort of fits.

8. Gunshin

Its a rip off of Evangelion, but its a really good one. Its almost as if the story writer for Raxephon was a fan of NGE, but he didn't like the ending. So he remade it with a ending he thought NGE should have had.

9. Chillin

It is an awesome, awesome anime. My second favorite

10. MechaTC

I know a guy who sells all the american DVD's (1-7) for 49.95. Best deal I've seen anywhere. I've also been dying to see this anime. But I chose Angelic Layer over this one when I had $50 XD

11. Arilou

Damn, that guy wouldn't be willing to sell to me would he? I'd LOVE all 7 DVD's...

12. Mithrandil

RahXephon is one of the more interesting animes. The ending made more sence then that crappy ending of Evangelion, but still it was all wierd. IMO the whole anime was wierd. But I really enjoyed it, and it gave me some good entertainment. The animation is some of the best i've seen so far.

And the top AMV on Link removed is a RahXephon AMV :p

13. Zero-Kun

oh man get the series anyway you can, once you see it you will see how much better it is than the movie, the movie was just cut up parts of the series that didnt make as much sence, still it was good for extra scenes

i loved rahxephon, i intead to watch it threw again this time in jap, not the enlgish dub, even tho it wasnt to bad for a dub imo XP

14. MechaTC

Link removed

There you go.

15. Gai-Sama

How can you say that "Mithrandil" Have you seen the two moive endings....
    But l will say this RahXephon is what Evangelion should of been, But both of them are 2 of the best Drama Anime out there with Gilgamesh coming 3rd.

16. Mithrandil

I've only seen the anime, which I've borrowed from my friend...
    Spoiler: It ended with Ayato combining with the RahXephon in some way...
    Can't remember al of it, since it's over a year since i saw it..

17. BushidoPunk

A good bit of "WTF?" moments, in other words confusing, but once you've seen the movie, it makes more sense. I did like RahXephon, it had some really cool characters, but it was also had some sad episodes.

18. Sato Lee

I been sort of watching it on video on demand.....But I keep thinking about Evangelion everything I see. I'm not really into giant robot anime but so far so good. The character interraction is really what I like about the series, not the Gudamn design reject.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2005
  19. Hayate

Really good anime, one of my favourites at first you get the EVA feel but its so much more than that. Also it had a better ending than EVA really :p The only thing I have still to see if the movie, it has eluded me ever since I completed my collection of the DVD's 5 months ago :(

20. Kucheeky Badkuya

Sorry about reviving but I have seen Rahxephon the Season 6 times, and I have all the proff I want to say this:

Rahxephon >>>>>>EVA.

Yes, I said it.

21. Kucheeky Badkuya

Sorry about reviving but I have seen Rahxephon the Season 6 times, and I have all the proff I want to say this:

Rahxephon >>>>>>EVA.

Yes, I said it.

22. Arilou

The RahXephon Movie

Anyone seen it? I'm a huge RahXephon fan but I hadn't seen the movie until recently.... it essentially tells the same story, fills in some blanks, changes a few things
    Spoiler:
    Haruka sleeps with Ayato just after he comes back from Tokyo! :amazed Quon is totally different, etc. etc.
    I still think the series and the movie complements each other rather well (and there are a few scenes from the movie I'd have liked to have seen in the series)

Overall I think it works as a nice complement to the series....

23. Lord Yu

The movie needed more Quon. I'v watched over and its a good movie.

24. Arilou

Truth to be told I don't care much for Quon. Now, there was way too little Megumi on the other hand.... (Her bad luck with men was one of the best parts of the series :p)

25. Seppuku10

The movie was great but it was basically just a summary for all the important events in the anime. The extra scene at the end was nice for closure but i almost felt like i watched the entire movie just for that extra scene. I still loved it but definately wouldve liked to see an actual sequel or side story or something.

26. ydraliskos

Wait, I thought I had seen this..

Wasn't it 20 minutes of pure Quon talking with herself, and kissing in the end?

27. Arilou

Nope.

Quon barely features in the movie actually.

And did you go to the Necromancer's University or something? Because this thread was DEAD.

28. ydraliskos

You mistake me for Seppuku =D I just replied yesterday

29. 500ml

Rahxephon - symbolism discussion thread

To the mods: I searched for a Rahxephon topic, but did not find, if there still is one though, just merge my thread with.

This threads is full of spoilers, so don't read anything here unless you have watched all the show.

------------------------------

1: Does anyone here know what those eggs surrounding the buildings everytime the Rahxephons fights is supposed to mean?

I guess it has a deeper meaning than being an egg?

2: Where did the Mulians come from?

3:Ayato being a Muu should have left "our" world in the last episode. After all he was a Muu, and the whole point of him fusing with the Rah or Xephon was to turn things back as they used to be.

Also a mulian-free Earth. Still he lived on Earth, and did even have a baby with Haruka.

------------

Any discussion besides symbolism is OK with me. I just need someone to talk to about this great masterpiece.

30. Wesley

I watched the series this weekend and just shaked my head at all the nonsense.