1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Rai/Mizu/Earth Kage > Hokage?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Rokudaime, Nov 30, 2005.

Have those Kage surpassed Hokage?

1. Rai/Mizu/Earth or whatever already surpass Hokage.

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Hokage > Kage for the entire series.

46 vote(s)
    82.1%
  1. Rokudaime Active Member

Well,after post-time skip, Do you think that Rai/Mizu/Earth Kage have surpass Prime 3rd/5th Hokage / Akatsuki Leader?

Because according to the shounen law, someone you heard in the early series but never revealed until late manga usually are powerful than protagonist side..

do you argee with that?

Tags:
  2. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Well, didnt somewhere along the lines of the manga someone say that Sandaime was the strongest of the Kages during his reign? I think I heard that or its probably just me. Personally Ill say no. Sure they will be strong and they will be great but I see them a little weaker then the Hokage and Akatsuki Leader right now. With them having a higher role in storyline, it wouldnt make sense for their strength to be toppled by the likes of the other Kages.

However Tsunade is a new Hokage. Her strength isnt even on Sarutobi's level imo. I think there's atleast some Kage out there stronger then her and possibly another.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  3. Kole Oyashiro-sama's Messenger

It is said somewhere in manga (and Anime) that Hokage (Sandaime) is the strongest of all Kages, although that was pre-timeskip. I'm not so sure about Tsunade :p.

4. Tousenz Banned

Those other Kages are probaly stronger , since imo Gaara as a young Kage is/was stronger than her.

5. Neji48972 I do want a custom title

Spoiler:
    do not exist. There is no mandate by the Shounen Jump editor that outlines the plot patterns that all manga must follow. Its been 285 chapters and its been quite clear that Kishimoto does what he damn well pleases.

6. Aman <font color='#0000A0'>Really?</font>

No... All that was explained is that they exist, nothing more, in the beggining we didn't see the Kazekage, and he wasn't that strong.

7. Grrblt Banned

I see no reason for any of the other Kages to be weaker than the current Hokage. To me, they will be about equal until proven otherwise.

Sandaime was said to be "greatest of the 5 greats" by Kabuto, but then again, he was considered God of Shinobi while the other Kages weren't. Neither is Tsunade.

8. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

tsunade is one of the legendary 3 so she is one of the strongest kages right now. if you count oro as a kage from sound (and probably grass too but it's just my theory right now) then he is the strongest one. the akatsuki leader probably is stronger than all of them put together or at the very least stronger than oro and tsunade and all the kages.

9. User Name Member

10. Grrblt Banned

I don't believe the status of being one of the Legendary Three-man team was ever compared to the status of being the ruler of a ninja village.

Yes...?

11. ~ Masamune ~ Old Man Masa

You mean rock kage or whatever...i hope that Tsunade is the weakest hokage so we should see some kickass fights,moves (in the next Ninja world War)

12. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

even so it's a title that even akatsuki fears. it can be said that itachi is on jiraiya's level and oro was one of the more powerful members of akatsuki. tsunade is one of the stronger kages in the world right now. probably not by much but i'm willing to think she can beat any one of them.

i'm not saying the other kages are that much weaker but they are not that strong to beat tsunade. that is why the name sannin is such an annoyance to some ppl on these boards. you have the title and almost everyone is below you.

13. Sh33p Jutsu Theorist

Methinks Tsunade is at least #2 or 3 on the current Kage Ladder. Gaara was probably a close competitor for #3 or 4 with her; experience and smarts count more than raw power, and that's where I base that assumption. Just look at the Gaara-vs-Deidara battle. As of now, he's probably the weakest Kage, seeing as how his demon was ripped out.

I'd pin the Mizukage as being second-weakest or weakest depending on Gaara. After all, Zabuza actually took him on and lived, and he was only a Jounin. The Rai or Tsuchikage are probably strongest or vying with Tsunade for the position of strongest.

14. zounds-_ The real nine tails.

15. Tousenz Banned

Whats more raw than exploding birdies....

I sure hope your not saying Tsunade would somehow sneak exploding ants to win the fight against Gaara.

And yes Mizukage is the strongest is the strongest kage right now.

His village pwns.

16. Sh33p Jutsu Theorist

Experience--skill, planning, expertise, brains and all that crud--beat Gaara in spite of having the entire playing field stacked in his favor, with an entire Village at his back. Even if Tsunade doesn't have all Deidara's tricks, she seems like she easily has far more experience, with all the skill, planning, expertise and brains to go with it.

Hardly :p

17. zounds-_ The real nine tails.

Just in terms of how to organise an effective military power, id say mizukage is "evil good". Building up a society where only the strongest survives and destroying their hearts at an early age so the can become as useful as possible. So just to have a strong nation like that I bet Mizukage is superior. Dunno how strong he is though ;p.

18. Piekage The Inspector

Wait, how can we judge the strength of Kages we haven't even seen yet? So far all I've seen were the Kazekage, Hokage and Orochimaru. If I'm missing something then correct me, but it just doesn't make much sense to me.

19. Tousenz Banned

By the strength of the members from the village.

Kisame,Kimimaro,Zabuza,Haku all pwnalicious members of the dam whats the name of the village Kirihagukure? I have no idea. Ima just call it the Mist village.

20. Piekage The Inspector

^ I agree to some extent. But the only nin we've seen are from the villages I listed, and the two Stone Nin in Kakashi's Gaiden. What's more, Kisame Kimimaro Zabuza and Haku are rather skilled shinobi, with either bloodline limits or big swords. If judging a village by the strenth of it's members were completely accurate, than Oro's not that great, considering the ammount of Sound nin that were owned during the Chuunin Finals. Have to go now, so I can't type any more. Later.

21. Sh33p Jutsu Theorist

Notice how every single Mist-nin we've seen in the entire series--barring maybe a few pieces of cannon fodder I might not remember from the Chuunin Exams--is a missing-nin*. Not a single loyal, sane individual among them; Zabuza tried to pull a coup, Haku and Kimimaro were slavishly devoted to murderous renegades(though Orochimaru isn't a Mist-nin) and Kisame just speaks for himself.

The Mist Village way is hardly an effective means of keeping a nation superior. Judging purely by the fact that we've only seen renegade Mist-nin, it's safe to assume that the Mizukage isn't anywhere near the glorious leader some people seem to be making him out as.

* = I'm only a manga reader, so I can't speak for Mist-nins unique to the anime.

22. zounds-_ The real nine tails.

Well that's true I give you that. However they were able to sucessfully wipe out a strong clan as the Kaguya clan. Must surely mean something.

And as making him 'look' good is just because he is a pretty cruel leader, makes him pretty cool, hence all the mizukage fan clubs and stuff. Even if it is as you say.

23. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

he's different. he's not a real kage and his "village" seems more like a prison anyways. the sound 5 were strong and so is kabuto but the idea behind the village of sound is to make oro stronger.

kage care for their villages and want them to prosper whether it's for their own ambitions or for selfless reasons. oro cares about becoming stronger and nothing else.

24. Grrblt Banned

How do you figure that all the remaining Mist ninjas are weak? Using the principle of equal distribution, if Mist has more overpowered missing ninjas then they should logically have more strong home-loyal ninjas too.
    We've never seen the Mist ninja because we've never visited Mist.

Seeing as the story is set in Konoha, it's only natural that we hear of the legendary Konoha ninjas more than we hear of the legendaries from other villages. After rouchly 250 chapters we get to know the Legendary Siblings of Sand, which hints at there being more top tier ninjas than just Akatsuki and the Sannin.

We know that the Sannin are able to take on Akatsuki to some extent (whether you believe they can win 3v9 or just 1v1 or are a bit too weak even for 1v1 doesn't matter; what matters is that they're somewhere up at Akatsuki's level) because we have seen confrontations between these two factions. We do not know if there are Legendaries from other villages able to do the same, simply because we have never heard of those people. That doesn't mean they don't exist, and I see no reason to assume that they don't.

That means you have no base for Tsunade > other Kages. We know absolutely nothing about them. Myself, I think Tsunade is around "normal" Kage level and that she'd fight on equal ground with the others. There could be Kages that are exceptionally strong or weak, but until we find proof either way I don't see why we should rank Tsunade above the rest.

25. zounds-_ The real nine tails.

Im not so sure about that, If a kage is the head of the village, aint he the will of the village and the village itself then? If he wants to prosper and become strong and all that isn't that the same as the other kages who wants to ensure their villages will prosper and remain etc etc...

26. Geese Yep

27. Grrblt Banned

I would also like to add that, from the perspective of an eventual future ninja war, it would be more entertaining with Konoha as the underdog instead of Konoha owning every other nation left and right.

28. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

I doubt any of the rai/mizu etc Kages surpass Satutobi prime, he was quite an awesome nin. For Shodai, Nidaime and Yondaime I wouldn't like to speak, Shodai and Nidaime both seem to have been very strong but we only see them via edo tensei where they are sharing their side of the action. Yondaime I own;t comment on because I'm a fanboy and it would be biased :p. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they may surpass Tsunade. I guess it depends a bit on how old they are, have they stayed in the kage position for a long time or are there other young kages aside from Gaara.

29. Alia_Atreides Mew...

I think Akatsuki leader is probaly stroger than the Kages, but among the Kages, I think the Third was stronger than the others Kages, as I think Tsunade is probaly one of the most powerful.
    But then, who knows?

30. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

it is said in the manga (don't remember where it was but i think it was when a jounin was talking to sarutobi about oro) that the sannin are recognized throughout the world as some of the strongest nin in the world if not the strongest at present date. after all they were trained by the strongest kage of them all, i wouldn't doubt that the sannin would be stronger than other villages kages.

akatsuki is composed of the strongest missing nin in the world but i would like to think that they are stronger than almost all of their village nin as well. yes this would suggest that konoha is the strongest village out of all of them but if you look at the map they also have one of the biggest nations to protect so their power is distilled by the large landmass they have to keep. i wouldn't be surprised even after being weakened by sand nin they would still have to trade nin to other villages to keep balance of power.

sure there could be more legendary nin from other villages (the 7 swordsmen from mist village could be included here) but i'm pretty sure that there aren't that many and like suna village they depended on bijuus, numbers or some other methods to be as powerful or even more powerful as konoha is right now.