1. Elusive Prizes Shop
    The Elusive Prizes shop has returned! Click here to start shopping!
    The shop is open from April 6th at 4pm UTC to April 10th at 4pm UTC..
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Rank My Team: World Beaters

Discussion in 'Football' started by Naemlis Orez, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Naemlis Orez

How far could they get in this season of the UCL?
    Strongest league they could win?
    Strengths and weaknesses?
    Change 1 player?
    Etc

Formation: 5-2-3

GK: Samir Handanovic (Inter Milan)

CB: Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus)

CB: Eric Bailly (Manchester United)

CB: Martin Skrtil (Liverpool)

WB: Antonio Valencia (Manchester United)

WB: Marcelo (Real Madrid)

CM: Bastian Shweinsteigger (Bayern München)

AM: Henrick Mkhitaryan (Manchester United)

LW: Ivan Perisic (Inter Milan)

RW: Kingsley Coman (Bayern München)

SS: Wissam ben Yedder (Sevilla)

Substitutes:
    Marc-Andre Ter Stegen (Barcelona)
    Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid)
    Vermeulen (Arsenal)
    Ivanovic (Chelsea)
    Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid)
    Shinji Kagawa (Borussia Dortmund)
    Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham Hotspurs)
    Pierre-Emeric Aubameyang (Borussia Dortmund)

Assistant Coach:
    Alexander Armstrong (Pointless)

Tags:
  2. Son Goku

Marcelo is a defensive liability which will contribute greatly to your attack, but will not be covered by Bailly or Skrtil effectively enough to play together. Bonucci would work in this instant, but again Bailly is a CB that does like to get forward so that puts your back '5' as more like a back '2' in offensive situations which is very dangerous and lopsided. So I would slide in with the CB's being Bonucci-Bailly-Godin

You've also decimated your central midfield by only having one CM and this is bad for many reasons. 1) Mhki is not a good enough AM from his Utd days to justify removing a CM spot for him and 2) You will get overrun in the center. Teams prefer variations or similar formations to a 4-3-3 which will crowd out your midfield and allow them to cut through the center of the park extremely easily. You're better off playing 2 CM's and from the looks of your starting 11 probably a defensive one. My suggestion would be someone like Busquets who can fill the defensive needs of the team, but also provide the passing range to start an attack or if you want to go 2 box to box players pick someone like Ander Herrera.

Personally I don't mind the wingers you have on the field, I think Di Maria at Madrid would perform much better than Kingsley Coman.

For your strikers I would pick Aubameyang as his pace and runs will create chaos in the opposition backline. If you want to put the onus of movement on the wingers and CM's you can play Berbatov who, as we know, bangs in goals like nothing.

I suggest a 4-3-3 that looks like this:

Handanovic
    Valencia Godin Bonucci Marcelo
    Busquets
    Schweingsteiger Pogba
    Di Maria Aubameyang Perisic
    But if your goal is to play the best line-up possible while still working out I'd say:
    De Gea
    Kimmich Ramos Varane Alaba
    Busquets
    Modric Pogba
    Messi Ronaldo Neymar​

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  3. Naemlis Orez

What if we ourselves bypassed midfield, playing a strategy that keeps the ball wide and uses longballs to get out of tight spots?

4. Son Goku

I know why that sounds tempting, but any formation that sacrifices the middle is just not one I can see working especially in the modern game. Teams like to control the midfield and build from the back so they can have cohesive play. If you're just shooting long balls up and hoping the front players will sort it out it's a very easy transition for the other team to intercept and push the ball into the midfield you sacrificed. You could utilize wing play in something like a 4-4-2 where you have 2 CM's but look to recycle the ball outward into the left/right midfielders, but you'll have to contend with the fact that while you have two CM's in the midfield (which provides more stability than a CM/AM) they will probably have 3 which makes it easy to dance around you.

I don't think any top team is going to be defeated by the strategy of long balls.