• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Rank the 7 Hokage by intelligence

Impulse785

This just intelligence in general doesn't have to be battle intelligence

Just rank who the smartest Hokage to the dumbest Hokage

1st Hokage- Hashirama
2nd Hokage- Tobirama
3rd Hokage- Hiruzen
4th Hokage- Minato
5th Hokage- Tsunade
6th Hokage- Kakashi
7th Hokage- Naruto

dergeist

The actual order from most to least. I'm going by overall intelligence, since Naruto also has a couple of battle intelligence feats.

Tobirama, tactician, delegator, shaper of the ninja world, scientist and innovator of many jutsu. He pretty much has all the other Kage smarts rolled into one:datass
Tsunade, analytical and combat intelligence, medical excellence and innovating advanced medical jutsu.
Kakashi, is Tobirama light.
Hiruzen, expertise in jutsu.
Hashirama, smart enough to fight Madara and inspire people etc.
Cucknato (my fave) had book smarts, knocked off rasengan.
Naruto, some battle smart feats.

Even if Cucknato is my fave, I don't let it blind me.

UzumakiBarrage2001

I am interested to see why people put Minato as the smartest Hokage if you can explain
The main reason is that he's a reputed prodigy. He holds the record for highest score in the chunin exams. He deduced Obito's ability and weakness pretty quickly. I'd say the only other Hokage who rivals him would be Tobirama. He created a shit ton of jutsu that were highly relevant years after his death. The only reason I put Minato above him is that I think intelligence and jutsu proficiency need not have a direct relationship. Also throughout the series Minato was hyped for being a prodigy so I'd give him the edge.

dergeist

The main reason is that he's a reputed prodigy. He holds the record for highest score in the chunin exams. He deduced Obito's ability and weakness pretty quickly. I'd say the only other Hokage who rivals him would be Tobirama. He created a shit ton of jutsu that were highly relevant years after his death. The only reason I put Minato above him is that I think intelligence and jutsu proficiency need not have a direct relationship. Also throughout the series Minato was hyped for being a prodigy so I'd give him the edge.

That was the written exam and even Sakura scored maximum marks, book smarts are a meh argument:/ Heck she even showed knowledge and analysis of Kamui, yet her smarts are a 4, iirc:hmm

UzumakiBarrage2001

That was the written exam and even Sakura scored maximum marks, book smarts are a meh argument:/ Heck she even showed knowledge and analysis of Kamui, yet her smarts are a 4, iirc:hmm
I mean it's clearly stated that he scored the highest ever in the history of the chunin exams. In verse Itachi was praised for having the second highest scores so clearly it is a good enough measure of their intelligence. I don't remember Sakura getting maximum marks in the test, pretty sure she didn't. Showing knowledge of the Kamui is one thing and deducing almost everything about it in the heat of battle is different.

I am interested to see why people put Minato as the smartest Hokage if you can explain
i put him smartest because he's matched up with obito's MS on first encounter and won despite being in a mix-up of a matchup.
also his contingency plans for redirecting large scale attacks when he was still alive are watertight, observe where he sent kyuubi's bijuu dama during obito's attack, where as most other combatants would have had to use a rashomon (or something similar) ending up with collateral dmg to the village.
he knew to use the reaper death seal to divide bijuu chakra (actual six paths sage level move that)
contingency seal on nardo's seal in case 9 tails ever emerged while he was feral, do note that konoha's contingency for that situation (yamato) and pain's contingency (CT) had both failed by that point.

mastered ftg.
promoted to hokage at age 21.
HIGHEST EVER WRITTEN TEST SCORES IN ACADEMY HISTORY.
created rasengan, everyone else learned from an already created ability, much easier than magicking it out of thin air. and to add to the rasengan lore very few people in universe can even perform it let alone learn it.
was also untouchable during a war littered with high tiers from everywhere.
has somehow tamed his half of the kyuubi in the afterlife.
his intelligence feats basically make him the batman of the verse even in death.

UzumakiBarrage2001

The actual order from most to least. I'm going by overall intelligence, since Naruto also has a couple of battle intelligence feats.

Tobirama, tactician, delegator, shaper of the ninja world, scientist and innovator of many jutsu. He pretty much has all the other Kage smarts rolled into one:datass
Tsunade, analytical and combat intelligence, medical excellence and innovating advanced medical jutsu.
Kakashi, is Tobirama light.
Hiruzen, expertise in jutsu.
Hashirama, smart enough to fight Madara and inspire people etc.
Cucknato (my fave) had book smarts, knocked off rasengan.
Naruto, some battle smart feats.

Even if Cucknato is my fave, I don't let it blind me.
How on earth can you put Hashirama above Minato? XD. This is probably bait and im falling for it

dergeist

I mean it's clearly stated that he scored the highest ever in the history of the chunin exams. In verse Itachi was praised for having the second highest scores so clearly it is a good enough measure of their intelligence. I don't remember Sakura getting maximum marks in the test, pretty sure she didn't. Showing knowledge of the Kamui is one thing and deducing almost everything about it in the heat of battle is different.

Which is answering all the questions, which Sakura also did. Itachi was second fastest in completing the second stage, and that was only because he took it solo. And he was only beaten by the Sand trio, so cucknatosucked in that part of it. You not remembering doesn't matter, she had the book smarts and talked about answering all of them, but was worried about Naruto dragging them down. She deduced Kamui, and he didn't deduce everything about it. He faced it FTG'd away and said so he does x because I do y, and if I do x he does z. All because he could escape with FTG. Had he deduced it solely through observation, I would say yeah he's pretty smart, but he clearly didn't. Only the soloking, Sakura and Tobirama have feats in that camp.

If you're going to wank at least have some integrity.

dergeist

How on earth can you put Hashirama above Minato? XD. This is probably bait and im falling for it

Well because I said overall intelligence, Madara is the smartest (the Alpha of the NV only rivalled by Tobirama) and he could be tricked by Hashiroids, even though he could counter and see through clones. Hashi also went onto establish a village through his vision, unite the clans, create balance, that is apart from having all 5 chakra natures etc. He didn't do any of that by being a retard, and he started with a disadvantage of being an Asura incarnate (they are supposed to be dense), so he had to somehow overcome evn that aspect of it. What is answering a few questions and knocking off existing juts to that, exactly?

UzumakiBarrage2001

Which is answering all the questions, which Sakura also did. Itachi was second fastest in completing the second stage, and that was only because he took it solo. And he was only beaten by the Sand trio, so cucknatosucked in that part of it. You not remembering doesn't matter, she had the book smarts and talked about answering all of them, but was worried about Naruto dragging them down. She deduced Kamui, and he didn't deduce everything about it. He faced it FTG'd away and said so he does x because I do y, and if I do x he does z. All because he could escape with FTG. Had he deduced it solely through observation, I would say yeah he's pretty smart, but he clearly didn't. Only the soloking, Sakura and Tobirama have feats in that camp.

If you're going to wank at least have some integrity.
Ok since your'e being aggressive show me proof of Sakura getting a perfect score in the written test. Don't you think if she did it would be hyped up in verse? Answering all the questions does not equate to getting a perfect score. How dumb do you have to be to think that? I can answer every question in a test even if I don't know anything. Also what exactly did Sakura deduce about the kamui? Kakashi was present at the time and when He, Naruto, B and Guy fought Obito they basically deduced it on their own.
Also I was talking about the written test in the chunin exam not the second stage. Itachi got the second highest marks in the test after Minato.

Impulse785

I was talking about the written test in the chunin exam not the second stage. Itachi got the second highest marks in the test after Minato.
Well that is a good feat but Hashirama nor Tobirama could be apart of the Chunin exams since Tobirama was reposnible for it creation just like the academy

UzumakiBarrage2001

Well because I said overall intelligence, Madara is the smartest (the Alpha of the NV only rivalled by Tobirama) and he could be tricked by Hashiroids, even though he could counter and see through clones. Hashi also went onto establish a village through his vision, unite the clans, create balance, that is apart from having all 5 chakra natures etc. He didn't do any of that by being a retard, and he started with a disadvantage of being an Asura incarnate (they are supposed to be dense), so he had to somehow overcome evn that aspect of it. What is answering a few questions and knocking off existing juts to that, exactly?
Charisma is not equal to intelligence I don't know where you got the idea. Establishing the village, uniting clans and creating a balance was all due to his charisma and he had Tobirama and Madra to help him much like Shikamaru helps Naruto. Or are you saying Naruto is also highly intelligent? Having 5 chakra natures is not equal to intelligence I dont know what your point was. The Rasengan was invented by Minato he did not knock it off. The whole Asura using rasengan was anime only nonsense. Also the thread does differentiate between general intelligence and battle smarts otherwise Naruto would be much higher due to his fights with Sasuke and Pain

UzumakiBarrage2001

Well that is a good feat but Hashirama nor Tobirama could be apart of the Chunin exams since Tobirama was reposnible for it creation just like the academy
Yeah that's why I said Tobirama is debatable. Hashirama was pretty much an airhead. Not on the level of Naruto but still. The logistics of the village was probably done by Tobirama or Madara just like Shikamaru does currently.

Troyse22

Shuts down the Sannin camp
This just intelligence in general doesn't have to be battle intelligence

Just rank who the smartest Hokage to the dumbest Hokage

1st Hokage- Hashirama
2nd Hokage- Tobirama
3rd Hokage- Hiruzen
4th Hokage- Minato
5th Hokage- Tsunade
6th Hokage- Kakashi
7th Hokage- Naruto

Intelligence:

1st: Tobirama, a genius revered for having created extremely powerful techniques from scratch. Creation of the Edo Tensei being his most impressive, lead the charge and was the only one who noticed Obito was weak to Senjutsu aside from Naruto
2nd: Hiruzen, stated to have mastered all *non KKG* jutsu in Konoha, and was referred to as The Professor and widely regarded as the smartest in the village during his time as Hokage.
3rd: Minato, deduced the mechanics of Kamui after just 1 brief interaction, thought of and enacted strategy against God tier fighters, is the only person to score higher than Itachi Uchiha in the exams.
4th: Kakashi, is regularly cited as a genius throughout the entire manga, and is world known and revered as both intelligent and powerful. Virtually everyone who comes across him recognizes and respects him from Kisame to Pain to A4. Developed one of the strongest Ninjutsu and several variants (Chidori) and has an arsenal of AT LEAST 1000 Ninjutsu.
5th: Tsunade, developed one of the strongest forms of non god tier regen in the manga and she alone is responsible for modern day Shinobi squads all having at least 1 medical Shinobi.
6th, Naruto, noticed Obito was weak to Senjutsu.
7th: Hashirama, no notable intel feats.

Battle Intelligence:

1st: Naruto, is able to regularly deceive even the smartest and most observant foes and can quickly deduce the enemies capabilities. He is shown outsmarting conventionally intelligent Shinobi with his combat prowess, can overcome tons of power with his intelligence.
2nd: Tobirama, has essentially never been outsmarted in combat, only overpowered. The fact that he was able to finally defeat Izuna (a Mangekyo wielder and stated equal to Madara) takes nothing short of top tier intellect. You don't survive countless battles involving 2 MS wielders without having a good head on your shoulders. Has also developed several extremely powerful Jutsu to use in combat
3rd: Kakashi, is regularly shown outsmarting powerful foes, making up for his lack of firepower with pure intelligence and deception. Was able to outsmart Nagato on multiple occasions. Is regarded as a genius worldwide.
4th: Hashirama: Was able deceive and beat Madara despite Madara being able to see through every one his jutsu, including his Mokuton clones.
5th: Minato, was able to deduce the mechanics of Kamui after 1 interaction. His intelligence was instrumental against Juubito, though his significance falls off against foes beyond that.
6th: Hiruzen, is able to employ the countless Jutsu that he has acquired throughout the years.
7th: Tsunade, sadly low on this list as despite her being conventionally among the smartest she's dumb in combat. Is shown being both slow to react and overconfident in her regen. This has opened her up to grievous wounds and distracting her allies in combat which is the exact OPPOSITE of what you want to do as someone whos main role is support. She is the only Kage who i'd remark as unintelligent in combat.

dergeist

Ok since your'e being aggressive show me proof of Sakura getting a perfect score in the written test.
Don't you think if she did it would be hyped up in verse?

Why would it be hyped, since they were talking about predecessors?
Answering all the questions does not equate to getting a perfect score. How dumb do you have to be to think that?

Keep dreaming, answering all the questions, means you understand them well enough to answer them correctly. To the point Ino used mind transfer to copy all her answers and then pass them onto Shikamaru (a tactical genius) and choji.

I can answer every question in a test even if I don't know anything.

You're not Sakura, she was even examining the mechanical knowledge necessary to answer a couple of the questions. She could only do that if she understood the questions, which is why she also told us Naruto would flop.

Also what exactly did Sakura deduce about the kamui? Kakashi was present at the time and when He, Naruto, B and Guy fought Obito they basically deduced it on their own.

Read the chapter, she deduced a lot more than Cucknato did. Kakashi already knew how it worked because of that engagement with Tobi. What they did in the war arc was finding out it was connected to boxland and ways to fight/counter Obito. Talk about intellectual dishonesty.

Spoiler: Edit: Sakura's deduction

Also I was talking about the written test in the chunin exam not the second stage. Itachi got the second highest marks in the test after Minato.

Book smarts, are book smarts. Itachi also did it younger than him:kobeha

He would've taken the exam earlier, bit his sense wouldn't let him take it, however that is a topic for another day.

Charisma is not equal to intelligence I don't know where you got the idea. Establishing the village, uniting clans and creating a balance was all due to his charisma and he had Tobirama and Madra to help him much like Shikamaru helps Naruto. Or are you saying Naruto is also highly intelligent? Having 5 chakra natures is not equal to intelligence I dont know what your point was. The Rasengan was invented by Minato he did not knock it off. The whole Asura using rasengan was anime only nonsense. Also the thread does differentiate between general intelligence and battle smarts otherwise Naruto would be much higher due to his fights with Sasuke and Pain

Charisma alone isn't enough to inspire people, intelligence and genius are a part of the package. Imagine pretending otherwise. Nope, he did it solo, Madara only joined later. And then left, while Tobirama didn't really help anything. He just made sure Hashi got money for the tailed beasts. Having the ability to master 5 natures takes skill and intelligence retards don't master the natures. The only others with nature mastery are also geniuses (Tobirama, Hiruzen, Madara and Oro).

Again with the dishonesty, he knocked it off of a beast ball. He didn't invent it, he copied it or rather found a way to replicate it in human form.

General intelligence isn't just book smarts, that's the only thing your using for Cucknato. General intelligence means overall, that is why Tobirama placed number one on my list. And I made it clear Naruto would be higher if it was about battle smarts, not that he has any real feats against pain or Sasuke. His real battle smart feats belong to his tactics against others.

You should try harder.

Last edited:

UzumakiBarrage2001

Why would it be hyped, since they were talking about predecessors?

Keep dreaming, answering all the questions, means you understand them well enough to answer them correctly. To the point Ino used mind transfer to copy all her answers and then pass them onto Shikamaru (a tactical genius) and choji.

You're not Sakura, she was even examining the mechanical knowledge necessary to answer a couple of the questions. She could only do that if she understood the questions, which is why she also told us Naruto would flop.

Read the chapter, she deduced a lot more than Cucknato did. Kakashi already knew how it worked because of that engagement with Tobi. What they did in the war arc was finding out it was connected to boxland and ways to fight/counter Obito. Talk about intellectual dishonesty.

Book smarts, are book smarts. Itachi also did it younger than him:kobeha

He would've taken the exam earlier, bit his sense wouldn't let him take it, however that is a topic for another day.

Charisma alone isn't enough to inspire people, intelligence and genius are a part of the package. Imagine pretending otherwise. Nope, he did it solo, Madara only joined later. And then left, while Tobirama didn't really help anything. He just made sure Hashi got money for the tailed beasts. Having the ability to master 5 natures takes skill and intelligence retards don't master the natures. The only others with nature mastery are also geniuses (Tobirama, Hiruzen, Madara and Oro).

Again with the dishonesty, he knocked it off of a beast ball. He didn't invent it, he copied it or rather found a way to replicate it in human form.

General intelligence isn't just book smarts, that's the only thing your using for Cucknato. General intelligence means overall, that is why Tobirama placed number one on my list. And I made it clear Naruto would be higher if it was about battle smarts, not that he has any real feats against pain or Sasuke. His real battle smart feats belong to others.

You should try harder.
Just a whole lot of bullshit. You're not going to change your mind either way so it doesn't matter what I say.

dergeist

Just a whole lot of bullshit. You're not going to change your mind either way so it doesn't matter what I say.

So what you're saying is you were talking bullshit and now your projecting the claim of be onto me. All because I decided to critique your claims, and look at them for the objective lens. It seems your mind is set in stone when it comes to wanking Asspullnato (my fave), but I don't let it cloud my judgement.

You do you, just remember book smarts isn't general (overall) intelligence.

UzumakiBarrage2001

So what you're saying is you were talking bullshit and now your projecting the claim of be onto me. All because I decided to critique your claims, and look at them for the objective lens. It seems your mind is set in stone when it comes to wanking Asspullnato (my fave), but I don't let it cloud my judgement.

You do you, just remember book smarts isn't general (overall) intelligence.
Sure

Aegon Targaryen

The Shield That Guards The Realm of Men
Tsunade > Kakashi > Minato > > Tobirama > Hashirama > > Hiruzen > Naruto

Tobirama loses points for his ''Uchiha bad'' theory and other dubious ''accomplishments'', but man may be the best other than that.

Vivo Diez

I mean, Tsunade should be towards the top because of her in depth medical knowledge, on top of being able to pick up the ropes of running a village as the sole hokage relatively late in life.

Naruto should be towards the bottom since he needs shadow clones just to keep on top of his hokage duties while still being completely burnt out. Plus most of the systems were already in place when he took over and he was trained for the part while still in his teens(post war).

I would put Tobirama at the very top. He created most of the insitutions of Konoha(Academy, Anbu, Chuunin Exams, Police force) and was a massive innovator when it came to jutsu.

Last edited:

Mawt

Tobirama ~ Minato ~ Kakashi ~ Hiruzen as per feats and portrayal

Tsunade's pretty average

Hashirama and Naruto are dumb

Top Bottom