• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Rank the 7 Hokage by intelligence

Troyse22

Shuts down the Sannin camp
Naruto should be towards the bottom since he needs shadow clones just to keep on top of his hokage duties while still being completely burnt out. Plus most of the systems were already in place when he took over and he was trained for the part while still in his teens(post war).

Yeah, it's not like he achieves more as Hokage than Tsunade AND has a family :tiredpepe

AmitDS

Off the top of my head without checking back any manga/db entries...
1) Minato
2) Tobirama (not as bad as Hiruzen's decisions IMO)
3) Tsunade/Kakashi
4) Hiruzen (lol though his decisions are questionable to say the least).
5) Hashirama/Naruto

Gin Ichimaru

Hiruzen (mastered all jutsu) > Tobirama (invented Edo Tensei/Hiraishin) > Naruto (Bijuu mode, sage mode) > Hashirama (sage mode) > Kakashi (Raikiri, Kamui) > Minato (copied Hiraishin, failed sage mode)

Tsunade's expertise is in medical ninjutsu which you can't compare :cat

MShadows

Deathbat
Some awful trolling in this thread

Anyway...
Tobirama
Minato
Kakashi
Hiruzen

Tsunade
Naruto
Hashirama

Not too big of a gap between the bolded although Tobirama takes the top spot thanks to his creativity.

Tsunade is a medical genius, but she isn't ranked higher because I'm taking battle smarts into account as well.

Naruto is Naruto and Hashirama doesn't have any notable intelligence feats.

New Folder

Well that is a good feat but Hashirama nor Tobirama could be apart of the Chunin exams since Tobirama was reposnible for it creation just like the academy
people often give Tobirama too much credit for other people's work. Tobirama planted the seed, but he wasn't the one who reached with those innovations/establishment to where they are.

For example, you mentioned "the academy". But all Tobirama did was just a training camp. It was Hiruzen who developed the Academy into what we have seen in part 1.

Hiruzen did like 3 expansions to the Academy and perfected its education and training system.
But no one mentions Hiruzen's achievements and all the credits go to Tobirama as if he is the one who did everything. :oldshrug

likewise, people mention FTG, ET, Shadow Clones casually and give all the credits to Tobirama.

when those who learned it after him (Minato, Oro, Kabuto, & Naruto), have vastly improved those jutsu and made them what they are today.

Kabuto waged a war with an army of ET
Minato solo'd the 3rd War with FTG
Naruto crushed several places during the 4th War with his Shadow clones and turned the tables.

Yet, Tobirama with all 3 jutsu couldn't achieve victory during the 1st World War and got killed.
Clearing showing that the potential that those characters achieved with said justu, vastly surpass Tobirama's achivement.

But when people want to wank Tobirama, they ignore all of that, and give him all the benifts. :mjlol

---------

Also, why no one mentioned that Minato analysed the Gedu-Dama's weakness like
it's the maximum distance
and that it "exist" on its own, not the user who can create them
and their weakness to S/T jutsu

and then he carried out the plan perfectly and took Madara's best offensive & Defensive jutsu away
and made an opening for Gai to smash Madara's ass. :doge

Crimson Flam3s

Rampage Sage
This question is hard because there are different types of intelligence, Tobirama was a genius at creating jutsu and battle smarts while Kakashi has battle smarts and superior tactical ability even praised by Hagoromo. Minato on the other hand displays amazing battle smarts and Hiruzen knows a ton of jutsu. If we are discussing medical genius then Tsunade wins by a landslide but I am guessing it's related to combat.

I would say Tobirama=Kakashi>Minato>Hiruzen>Naruto=Hashirama>Tsunade

Hashirama is hard to rank since I don't recall any specific amazing intelligence/tactical feats besides feinting Madara.

Crow

1. Tobirama - no explanation needed
2. Minato/Hiruzen - couldn't place one above the other
3. Hiruzen/Minato
4. Tsunade -genius at medical ninjutsu and is the best medic in the series, able to cure even a shattered mind and Orochimaru implied that she'd be able to heal his sealed arms - and she never outright said that she couldn't.
5. Kakashi - a brilliant strategist and has been compared to Shika
6. Hashirama - the founder, set up the village and made it what it is, had to be somewhat smart to put the system together.
7. Naruto - what can I say? If it was a list of battle strategy, Naruto would be higher, but he's definitely duller than the rest.

Beyonce

Medical Ninja
If you’re talking pure intelligence, Tsunade needs to be top 2, second to only Tobirama. I don’t think you guys quite understand how insanely smart you need to be to be a doctor, let alone the world’s greatest doctor.

Battle intelligence exclusively though, that’s a different story

Lyren

Strongest Fisherman
People acting as if Tsunade isnt a genius in combat as well :kobeha
Lets act as if Jiraiya didnt dub her unrivalled in combat as well as in medical expertise :lmao

Last edited:

Impulse785

If you’re talking pure intelligence, Tsunade needs to be top 2, second to only Tobirama. I don’t think you guys quite understand how insanely smart you need to be to be a doctor, let alone the world’s greatest doctor.

Battle intelligence exclusively though, that’s a different story
People acting as if Tsunade isnt a genius in combat as well :kobeha
Lets act as if Jiraiya didnt dub her unrivalled in combat as well as medical expertise :lmao
Tsunade in general is underrated

I probably underestimate Tsunade so do many others

New Folder

Nah, they both realize it around the same time.
you can clearly see that Naruto's panel is the first there. :hm
and then Tobirama came after that. :hm

Also, I don't know why you left the previous page, where Naruto noticed it... :hm

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
you can clearly see that Naruto's panel is the first there. :hm
and then Tobirama came after that. :hm

Also, I don't know why you left the previous page, where Naruto noticed it... :hm
I don't think the timing of their realization there is that important, it's clear they realized it around the same time, give or take one second. :catthinks They both connected the same dots and reached a conclusion there, one did a panel or two earlier than the other but whatever.
The only ones who were outperformed there are IMO the ones who didn't realize anything at all (Minato).

New Folder

I don't think the timing of their realization there is that important, it's clear they realized it around the same time, give or take one second. :catthinks
every second matter U_U
especially since Naruto started his action to use SM and smash Obito's ass... :catthinks

Also, Naruto outperformed him on other matters. like when Obito trapped everyone, Tobirama was crying for Hashirama
where Naruto thought of the idea to save everyone else.

So, making him the very last one, is not accurate... U_U

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
every second matter U_U
especially since Naruto started his action to use SM and smash Obito's ass... :catthinks

Also, Naruto outperformed him on other matters. like when Obito trapped everyone, Tobirama was crying for Hashirama
where Naruto thought of the idea to save everyone else.

So, making him the very last one, is not accurate... U_U
Well you don't really need to outperform someone in every single scenario to be considered more intelligent.
Both Senjutsu and chakra-link are things more familier to Naruto than Tobirama, so it makes sense why Naruto would be more adept at creating strategies related to those two aspects of his arsenal.

New Folder

Well you don't really need to outperform someone in every single scenario to be considered more intelligent.
Both Senjutsu and chakra-link are things more familier to Naruto than Tobirama, so it makes sense why Naruto would be more adept at creating strategies related to those two aspects of his arsenal.
then what makes Tobirama more intelligent than Naruto just because he might be better at 1 aspect? :catthinks

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
then what makes Tobirama more intelligent than Naruto just because he might be better at 1 aspect? :catthinks
Jutsu development, being able to instantly explain everything Naruto does at a level beyond what Naruto can even understand himself, being an advisor to Hokage while Naruto needs an advisor etc..

Top Bottom