1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Rank the Captains (Manga Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Marsala, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Okay, opening a huge can of worms here. How should the captains (and equivalent characters like Ichigo and Yoruichi) be ranked in strength in order from greatest to least? This is a very confusing subject since different captains have different strengths and will do much better or worse depending on matchups. For instance, Aizen would have easily beaten anyone until he revealed the true nature of his Shikai to everyone (why did he do that?! Worst monologing since Dr. Evil), with the exception of Tousen, who despite being one of the weaker captains could easily overcome Aizen's advantages.

Urahara Kisuke and Kurosaki Isshin aren't included because we have no idea how they compare with the others.

Here's my preliminary list:

1. Yamamato Genryuusai
    2. Aizen Sousuke
    3. Ukitake Jyuushirou (assuming good health)
    4. Kyouraku Shunshui
    5. Kurosaki Ichigo (yeah, this will be controversial)
    6. Kuchiki Byakuya
    7. Yoruichi
    8. Soi Fong
    9. Ichimaru Gin
    10. Hitsugaya Toushirou
    11. Zaraki Kenpachi
    12. Komamura Saijin
    13. Tousen Kaname
    14. Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    15. Unohana Retsu

Explanations:

Yamamoto is most likely the strongest in raw spiritual pressure (excepting anomalies like Kenpachi and Ichigo), plus his fire abilities could overwhelm Aizen even if hypnotized.

Aizen is second due to being the main villain and having the cheapest ability ever. His easy defeats of Hitsugaya, Komamura and Ichigo shouldn't be overlooked, either.

Ukitake and Kyouraku have unique double swords and seem to be the eldest of the captains; together they had a decent chance against Yamamoto, so they should be pretty high.

Ichigo is surprisingly high because he is so damn overpowered! Already, the only characters that can be said with near-certainty to be better than him are Aizen (proven) and Yamamoto (I should hope so!). And Ichigo is only a powerup away from either of them. Ichigo is definitely above Byakuya, whom he outclassed for most of their battle. Ichigo only started to lose when his inexperience with his new Bankai caused him to grow weaker; he could have finished Byakuya earlier without as much trouble. The Hollow takeover showed that Ichigo has still-untapped reserves, and shouldn't be disqualified from his overall strength. Finally, at the end of the battle Ichigo's made-up-on-the-spot final attack beat Byakuya's much more artful final blow. Ichigo proved his strength quite thoroughly.

Byakuya is sixth because he appears to be one of the more elite captains with his great speed and very dangerous Bankai. Byakuya > Yoruichi even though she is faster because otherwise she could have just defeated him herself and rescued Rukia right there. Byakuya > Gin as he stated very early on that Byakuya was someone even he didn't want to fight (as he dragged a protesting Kenpachi away).

As above, Yoruichi < Byakuya and Soi Fong < Yoruichi by a slim margin. However, both of their power sets are the most unusual and they could arguably both be either higher than Ichigo or lower than Kenpachi.

Gin seems better than Hitsugaya but not by enough that Hitsugaya isn't confident to challenge him. For a villain, Gin's strength is a little low, but he will likely get a Hollow powerup.

Kenpachi is very limited by his lack of Shikai and Bankai; nevertheless, his power is terrifying and he could even challenge Aizen under the right conditions.

Komamura seemed stronger than Tousen in their fight with Kenpachi.

Kurotsuchi and Unohana are the weakest for obvious reasons.

So to sum it up, Ukitake and Shunshui could easily be lower (but that would make Ichigo an implausible 3rd), Kenpachi could be higher, and Yoruichi and Soi Fong could be pretty much anywhere. For purely storyline reasons, Urahara and Isshin should be just above Ichigo, but there's no evidence for that. Renji might now make the list, too, but he'd be very near the bottom.

Tags:
  2. IronFist Alchemist 360 BOOTY CLAP!

I would like to know the reasons for Mayuri's low ranking?

and Ichigo isn't a captian...oy, I'll make my list later! :p

3. Jordy Member

So isn't Yoruichi ;) And Yamamoto is Commander General ;)

4. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Mayuri didn't seem very fighting-oriented. His poison attack is nasty but nothing the other captains shouldn't be able to deal with by killing him first. I may be underrating him; it was hard to judge based on his fight with Ishida, who is generally below Ichigo by a fair margin.
    Yeah, hence the "equivalent characters" qualification for him, Yoruichi and Yamamoto.

5. TDM Toast

Good list there.

6. IronFist Alchemist 360 BOOTY CLAP!

You're also forgetting about his Shikai! The power to paralyze your limbs, eventually the whole body and intensifying pain (like making a small gash feel like you've been impaled or something)

7. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

That's assuming he can hit you, which won't hold true for most of the captains above him. Mayumi's power lies in his insanity and genius, not his fighting prowess.

8. Code Zoamelgustar

I'd say Ishida is generally above Ichigo by a fair margin... well the point is it's a matter of opinion. But Ishida wa snever shown to be below Ichigo and definitey not by a fair margin. Mayuri can't hit most captains? He was facing someone who is extreemly fast (as if you pay attention to Ishida vs. a 4th seat and compare it to any of the other's fights, he shown the most speed.)

Mayuri is quite underrated I'd say.... And Soi Fong wasn't just below Yoruichi by a slim margin(referring to your other posts) Soi Fong's words were that Yoruichi was dominitaing her. If you did pay attention to the fight, once Yoruichi did Shunkuo, the fight was a lot more than one sided as without any effort all Soi Fong did was basically futile. So I'd say there was a big gap there. And saying taht she's below Byakuya just because she didn't beat him... there was another captain there at the time. And it would've been best for Ichigo to become stronger. Same thing Urahara did, he didn't defeat the Menos Grande, so he's weaker?

9. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Alright, lemme take a shot at this. I am very biased, and somewhat uninformed, so cut me some slack.

1. Yamamato Genryuusai
    2. Aizen Sousuke
    3. Kuchiki Byakuya
    4. Zaraki Kenpachi
    5. Kyouraku Shunshui
    6. Ichimaru Gin
    7. Ukitake Jyuushirou (assuming good health)
    8. Soi Fong
    9. Hitsugaya Toushirou
    10. Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    11. Komamura Saijin
    12. Tousen Kaname
    13. Unohana Retsu

I've left out Yoruichi and Ichigo, because they're not captains. Although for the record, I would rank Yoruichi between Kenpachi and Shunsui. I refuse to rank Ichigo because he's some kind of cheap half-hollow thing, who can go from 4th seat-level to Captain level in 3 days.

1. Yamamato - It's clear that he's commander for a reason.
    2. Aizen - As the primary antagonist, he clearly possesses a bit of strength... although his Bankai makes up a huge component of this.
    3. Kuchiki Byakuya - The most famous and respected of the captains, his Bankai is pretty superior to...everything. Also, he's hot.
    4. Zaraki Kenpachi - He took on 2 captains at once and was winning. Come on.

For the rest, I have no reasons - it's just how I feel. I think Hitsugaya is generally overestimated, Saijin and Kaname were losing to one (incredibly awesome) captain, I didn't see Mayuri do anything particularily awesome... and he lost to a Quincy, albiet a super-pumped-up one, and Retsu is captain of the most combatively-useless squad. It makes sense that she considers combat secondary as well.

10. TDM Toast

Just curious, why Soi Fong over Hitsugaya and Mayuri over Komamura?

11. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Because Soi Fong was doing well against Yoruichi, whom I have a high opinion of because of her speed, which surpasses Byakuya's, and as I've said, I can't maintain a good opinion of two captains who were losing to one... even if the one is Kenpachi.

12. TDM Toast

But Mayuri didn't even get a chance to show much of his abilities. Except sacrificing his own units--err men---err subordinates?

And you have see Komamura's ban kai right? Granted he was tying with a not ban kai eye patch wearing kenpachi...

Hold on, I dunno how to post up pictures, so I'll give the chapter.

Chapter 148 last page. You can tell from earlier they are the top of the building so that would make Komamura's ban kai what 5 times the size of Mayuris? He could just jump on his Bankai and let it squish Mayuri's.

13. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Let me try this.

Yamamato Genryuusai
    Aizen Sousuke
    Kyouraku Shunshui/Ukitake Jyuushirou (equal)
    Kuchiki Byakuya
    Zaraki Kenpachi (took on 2 captains)
    Ichimaru Gin
    Soi Fong
    Hitsugaya Toushirou
    Tousen Kaname
    Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    Komamura Saijin
    Unohana Retsu

I guess I can do Ichigo, Yoruichi and Ishida.

Yamamato Genryuusai
    Aizen Sousuke
    Kyouraku Shunshui/Ukitake Jyuushirou (equal)
    Kurosaki Ichigo
    Kuchiki Byakuya
    Zaraki Kenpachi (took on 2 captains)
    Ichimaru Gin
    Yoruichi
    Soi Fong
    Hitsugaya Toushirou
    Ishida
    Tousen Kaname
    Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    Komamura Saijin
    Unohana Retsu

After looking at my list im going to say that its probably wrong because we havent seen enough to classify anything. Hitsugaya is overrated. That doesnt mean hes weak though. Also Ichigo is too strong.

14. chauronity ビリーバット

1. Aizen Sousuke.
    Smart, powerful, dangerous. Tricky. Has the hougyoku now.

2. Yamamato Genryuusai.
    The president. Pretty old, but the skills are superb.

3. Ichimaru Gin.
    More powerful than it seems. Scared person.

4. Kurosaki Ichigo.
    Room for developement, needs to polish up his basic kidou skills and control his inner-self better. Spirited and determined

5. Kuchiki Byakuya.
    Adept all-rounder, great in both swordfighting and kidou spells. His sword might possess the best qualities (of all captains) and knows how to use it.

6. Zaraki Kenpachi.
    Elite powerhouse. Nearly impossible to be taken down with a sword.

7. Kyouraku Shunsui.
    Lazy, hasn't shown his full potential, has "topping the table" - attributes

8. Hitsugaya Toushirou.
    Young, developes quicky. Na?ve.

9. Tousen Kaname.
    Ultra dangerous with his bankai if he takes the battle seriously.

10. Abarai Renji.
    Future captain after the disorder, powerful. Has bankai now. Determined .

11. Ukitake Jyuushirou
    Assuming the current condition. Possibly number 1 at his prime.

12. Komamura Saijin.
    The second powerhouse, has an interesting bankai

13. Soi Fong
    Fast and deadly.

14. Kurotsuchi Mayuri.
    Poisonous, analytic. Too contemptuous.

15. Unohana Retsu.
    Not known really well, might be really good with her healing powers. Captain of the weakest division.

Yoruichi isn't a shinigami, she's part of Special Ops (Onmitsu Kidou?). She'd be around 5-7, if counted. And if Urahara Kisuke is also included, he should be around 2-3. And lastly,
    Spoiler:
    Kurosaki Isshin should be relatively strong too

Sado, Inoue and Ishida are pretty strong too, but only Ishida could make it to the list.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  15. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Ishida showed a lot of speed against a 4th seat, but the gap between a 4th seat and even a vice captain (well, most 4th seats at least) is huge. Ishida started out better than Ichigo in their first encounter but quickly fell behind. Compare their performances against Renji. Ishida came in all cool and cocky and was humiliatingly defeated off-panel, while Ichigo pushed Renji to the point where Byakuya himself stepped in. I may have underrated Mayuri somewhat, but my lowest rankings were rather arbitrary anyway. At best, Mayuri is above Komamura and Tousen but definitely below Hitsugaya and Gin. As usual, Kenpachi is an anomaly; given his propensity to take damage for fun, Mayuri is arguably his worst matchup.
    That was after Shunkuo, which as an ultimate, unperfected technique isn't one that should normally be used. It took that to determine their fight, so normally they are quite close. Anyway, I admitted Yoruichi is the hardest to place. Her inability to beat Byakuya was a subjective judgement that could easily be wrong, but the way that Yoruichi bragged that she would make Ichigo stronger than Byakuya did sort of imply that she wasn't stronger than him herself.

16. Narutimate Hero Konoha's greatest

hmmn.. Here's my bets:

1. Aizen Sousuke
    2. Yamamoto Genryuusai
    <-- Kurosaki Ichigo, if he was a captain
    3. Kuchiki Byakuya
    4. Ichimaru Gin
    5. Zaraki Kenpachi (if he has shika and bankai, maybe he's on the top)
    6. Hitsugaya Toushirou
    7. Kyouraku Shunsui
    8. Ukitake Jyuushiro (with his current condition)
    9. Soi Fong
    10. Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    11. Tousen Kaname
    12. Komamura Sajin
    13. Unohana Retsu

17. Code Zoamelgustar

Really that doesn't have much bearings on how Ishida at his max during Soul Society compares to Ichigo. As if there was a gap, he'd just work all the more harder to close it.

Ultimate unperfected technique?(Reminds me of what Ichigo bankai basically is....). As anybody's bankai should not be normally used. Soi Fong used the technique, so then Yoruichi used it, both fought using it. Soi Fong's words about the fight "Nullify...just like that... so easiliy..." when Yourichi completely canceled out her demon art and grabbed her hand in only a split second with ease. Then basically Soi Fong attacking a bunch of times and Yoruichi brushing it all off. "Why is this happening? Why are you still above me?! How can you...sill dominate me like that?" Then when Yoruichi puts her fists out she basically just stops and falls on the ground crying... ( the gap was that big...). Yoruichi seemed to have it pretty much under control. It's a technique of hers so I don't see how you couldn't add that yet factor in the hollow Ichigo and even the captain's release modes. It's kind of like never stepping in to help Ichigo, both Rukia against the grand fisher and Urahara with the menos. Or who knows of Isshin was capable of helping. Yoruichi wanted to make Ichigo stronger. It is possible that it's because she couldn't beat him herself, or it could be simply to make Ichigo who seems to be important to Urahara (both trained him... but I guess Urahara couldn't go into soul society himself so can't really use that as an argument) stronger.

1. Yamamoto Genryuusai
    2. Aizen Sousuke

(I'd but Ichigo and Yoruichi here, off course some of the battles Ichigo would have to rely on his Hollow-Ichigo to save him or borrowing more power from Zangetsu)
    3. Kuchiki Byakuya
    4. Zaraki Kenpachi
    5. Soi Fong
    6. Kyouraku Shunsui
    7. Ukitake Jyuushiro

8. Ichimaru Gin
    9. Hitsugaya Toushirou
    10. Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    11. Tousen Kaname
    12. Komamura Sajin

13. Unohana Retsu

Basically I'd think the people in the same group are all around relatively the same strength.

18. TenshiOni Active Member

Alrighty, here's my take on it:

1. Yamamato Genryuusai
    2. Aizen Sousuke
    3. Kyouraku Shunshui/Ukitake Jyuushirou
    4. Kurosaki Ichigo
    6. Kuchiki Byakuya
    6. Zaraki Kenpachi (took on 2 captains)
    7. Shihouin Yoruichi
    8. Soi Fong
    9. Ichimaru Gin
    10. Hitsugaya Toushirou
    11. Ishida Uryuu
    12. Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    13. Tousen Kaname
    14. Komamura Saijin
    15. Abarai Renji
    16. Unohana Retsu

19. Daniee Merc with a Mouth

This is what I believe at the moment

1. Aizen Sousuke
    2. Yamamoto Genryuusai
    3. Kyouraku Shunsui
    4. Ukitake Jyuushirou
    5. Kuchiki Byakuya
    6. Zaraki Kenpachi
    7. Hitsugaya Toushirou
    8. Soi Fong
    9. Tousen Kaname
    10. Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    11. Ichimaru Gin
    12. Sajin Komamura
    13. Unohana Retsu

We still have yet to see many of the Bankai's like Ichimaru's, and I wonder where Urahara would fit in there. Since he achieved Bankai in 3 days and the way people talked about him, I'd put him inbetween Byakuya and Kenpachi, perhaps just above Byakuya.

20. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

1.) Aizen Sousuke
    - his absolute hypnosis makes him all but unbeatable
    2.) Kuchiki Byakuya
    - his Ban Kai looks like it could take down damn near anyone
    3.) Yamamoto Genryuusai
    - his spirit force and shikai have shown him to be immensly powerful
    4.) Zaraki Kenpachi
    - if this needs explanation you haven't been paying attention
    5.) Soi Fong
    - her moves are so fast I wonder if anyone else could keep up
    6.) Hitsugaya Toushirou
    - he seems very respected and his Ban Kai seemed like it had potential
    7.) Komamura Sajin
    - his power is impressive (he leveled a cliff in one swing) and his Ban Kai was sweet
    8.) Kyouraku Sunsui
    - I like him (so sue me) and his shikai looked powerful
    9.) Ukitake Jyuushiro
    - same as above, gotta love twin Zanpakutou
    10.) Ichimaru Gin
    - not really much seen from him, but Aizen must like him for a reason
    11.) Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    - his Ban Kai could take down most shinigami
    12.) Tousen Kaname
    - Frankly I'm not impressed with Tousen
    13.) Unohana Retsu
    - not sure what she has offensively

21. Wrath Mourning

Ranked Characters
    1) Yamamoto. No arguments there from anyone, I should imagine
    2) Byakuya = Kenpachi. Vastly different areas of strength.
    4) Shunsui. Took Chad, who beat the whole 11th Division, without even using his Shikai, and matched up against Yamamoto with Ukitake.
    5) Ukitake. Below Shunsui only technically because of his illness.
    6) Gin. An elite fighter acting as Aizen's bodyguard and chief warrior. More on this later.
    7) Soi Fong. Incredible speed, demon arts and truly deadly Soul Cutter.
    8) Unohana. Nothing to back it up, since she hasn't fought, but I just have a feeling about this one.
    9) Mayuri. Not all that strong, fast, tough or skilled... but he has some amazing powers. Regeneration, transformation into water, a paralysing Shikai and a poison gas Bankai.
    9) Hitsugaya. Very powerful Shikai and probably Bankai, but no results to back it up yet.
    10) Komamura. Strong, but incredibly straight forward. He doesn't have the power of Kenpachi or the tricks of anyone else.
    11) Tousen. Pretty pathetic. His Bankai is almost useless against the Captain-tier fighters, which is what earns him the lowest spot.

Non-Ranked Characters
    Aizen: Hard to tell with Aizen what is hypnosis and what is reality, so it's impossible to accurately rank him. Logically he can't be all that strong, considering his obsession with obtaining the Hou Gyoku. Time will tell.
    Ichigo: His power jumps up and down due to the fact that he doesn't have much control over it yet. Theoretically his speed could kill anyone, but he finds it hard to maintain. Like Kenpachi he has lots of power and few tricks, but unlike Kenpachi he doesn't have that much skill or control yet.
    Yoruichi: A lot of this depends on whether or not Yoruichi has a Soul Cutter. If she does, and I think she does, then if she was in shape she would probably be above Byakuya, considering how she is faster and better at demon arts by far.
    Urahara: I wouldn't bet against him even if he were fighting Yamamoto, let's just say that.
    Renji: At the moment, below all the others, but he'll grow very quickly.
    Ishida: With his "Bankai", then we're talking Yamamoto level, but only for a little while. With his "Shikai" only, he probably could have taken the lower Captains, but not easily. It remains to be seen what level he will be at in the future.

22. Caustic Personality.

I find it a bit difficult to actually lay them out in a strict line, due to the differences in abilities. Instead, I'd rather attempt to group them together based on relative power levels (i.e. as a tier format), but I'd prefer to leave characters like Ichigo, Ishida, Yoruichi, etc. out of it. As far as I can tell, they're still developing their strengths:

Tier 1:
    Yamamato Genryuusai, Aizen Sousuke

-Probably the most obvious and easiest to determine strength-wise. As they have shown to date, they seem to be among the top rated overall characters.

-Yamamoto has shown to be unnaproachable with just a few swings of his Shi Kai, and has an overwhelming spirit force. Not to mention he's old. Old guys are always overly powerful. :sweatdrop

-Aizen is here for obvious reasons. No matter who you are, if you're not blind, and are under the illusion, you'll need some sort of miraculous ability to fight Aizen properly, as you are, in the ultimate sense, fighting with no clues whatsoever as to Aizen's position. Since essentially all characters are already under his illusion, and it'd be near impossible to fight him without watching his sword, I'd say that a deus ex machina is needed to overcome his abilities.
    -In addition to his Shi Kai, Aizen has proven himself to be insanely powerful not only in illusion techniques, but also in Kidou/Demon Arts.

-Amusing thing about these two characters is that they've both shown to be probably the strongest, yet neither has shown what their Ban Kai can do.

Tier 2:
    Ukitake Jyuushirou, Kyouraku Shunshui, Soi Fong

- Ukitake and Kyouraku seem to go hand-in-hand, as Yamamoto's prized students, as well as the two possessors of twin swords. Granted, we don't know the ability of these swords, but I'd assume that they're more powerful than they look. I'd give Kyouraku the edge here, as Ukitake seems to be ill, but it could go either way.

-Soi Fong seems to be among the top captains, in my opinion. Her Shi Kai ability, in addition to her own physical prowess, gives her the edge against an overwhelming number of opposing captains. Very few would be able to avoid her in the first place, as she is near Yoruichi's speed, and being touched twice by someone much faster than you is a hard thing to avoid.

-Once again, a group we don't know the Ban Kai abilities of. There's room for them to move up, but I doubt they'd be Tier 1 level.

Tier 3:
    Kuchiki Byakuya, Ichimaru Gin, Hitsugaya Toushirou, Zaraki Kenpachi

-Obviously, Kuchiki Byakuya is closer to the top of this group. I'd say that he's the closest to being Tier 2 level, as far as shown abilities go. His Shi Kai/Ban Kai have proven to be of an almost unstoppable level, and his constantly calm demeanor in the midst of battle gives him an edge over more rash competitors.

-Ichimaru Gin is probably the hardest one to decide a relative power level for. His abilities seem to be on the simple side, but he seems to be a bit of a strategist, using his Shi Kai in a way that provides an advantage for him. Overall, I'd have to say that Ichimaru is stronger than he seems.

-Hitsugaya definitely isn't the strongest captain out there, but I see a ton of potential that could lead him to that point. Right now, he's still only a "kid" by Soul Society standards, and could probably be among the top fighters with a bit more experiences (He tends to lose his head where Hinamori/Aizen are involved, it seems). Not to mention that his Soul Cutter, Hyourinmaru, is said to be strongest of the Ice elementals, which would probably make it parallel to Yamamoto's, once he's completely mastered every aspect of his sword.

-Kenpachi is, no doubt, a beast. He's essentially Ichigo on steroids. However, he doesn't seem particularly skilled. In my opinion, it's more his insane pain tolerance and massive amounts of spirit energy that get him through most fights. Doesn't seem to have many tricks beyond slashing his sword with a clump of spirit force to strengthen the blow. While that would be enough to take down quite a few captains, I don't see how the others would fall that easily to him, most matchups would have him at a disadvantage, in my opinion. However, if Kenpachi ever learns his sword's name, I'm expecting him to shoot up to tier 2.

-This group consists of the majority of the Court's best-known Captains. I was actually considering putting all but Unohana here, but I'm not sure if it would work that well, as the power levels tend to fluctuate a bit too much.

Tier 3.5:
    Tousen Kaname, Komamura Saijin, Kurotsuchi Mayuri

-Tousen is a very dangerous fighter, that much can be assured. However, as Kenpachi showed, his Ban Kai ability can be overtaken by many of the faster captains. Although it's more of a question of how well the other captains would adapt to such a situation. Kenpachi was more of a mismatch for Tousen, seeing as how Kenpachi could withstand the first few slashes to gather a plan, although if Tousen was less of a pacifist and more willing to kill, he could have easily severed the head of anyone caught in his Ban Kai right from the start, before they could hatch a plan to react. Unless they could devise a way to ensure Tousen couldn't get near them, he could probably pull of a victory. Seems to be the most likely to emerge in a higher Tier.

-Komamura is a beast. His Shi Kai and Ban Kai enable him to fight from a larger range, not to mention the potential for large amounts of devastation it posesses. I believe that Kenpachi would have been forced to take his eyepatch off, and may have potentially lost, had their fight not been interrupted. Komamura's ban kai looks to be equivalent to Kenpachi, both focusing on brute force. However, power isn't everything, and unless his Ban Kai can do more besides hack n' slash, I don't see Komamura gaining all that much power.

-Kurotsuchi Mayuri is definitely among the most deadly of the captains, in terms of ability. His Shi Kai's ability to paralyze would definitely work to his advantage against almost all other captains, but his ability to actually hit other captains is almost nil. He's more of a science type, as shown by the actions of his Vice Captain (Nemu) in fights. His Ban Kai, however, might be enough to take out any captain without a ranged attack. Where Byakuya would be able to move back out of the poison's increasing range and still use his Shi/Ban Kai to attack, others like Kenpachi and Soi Fong wouldn't be able to get close to him without taking severe damage themselves. Overall, Kurotsuchi has excellent, useful techniques, but he himself isn't strong enough to adequately use them.

-Yeah, I know, "Tier 3.5" is stupid. However, I find that these captains aren't really that far below Tier 3, and could easily make it in, but they don't seem to be quite that level for various reasons.

Tier 4:
    Unohana Retsu

-All her abilities that we've seen so far have been in the medical field. Her Shi Kai heals, as opposed to damages. I suppose there's a possibility that when inside the stomach of the beast, it can either heal or kill, but I doubt that anyone who's not already unconcious would get eaten in the first place. Overall, she's not really a fighting type.

I guess that's my take on the relative power levels of Bleach Captains.

23. ChaochroX Devil of Chicago

1. Yamamato Genryuusai
    2. Aizen Sousuke
    3. Kuchiki Byakuya
    4. Zaraki Kenpachi
    5. Hitsugaya Toushirou
    6. Kyouraku Shunshui
    7. Ukitake Jyuushirou (healthy)
    8. Ichimaru Gin
    9. Soi Fong
    10. Komamura Saijin
    11. Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    12. Tousen Kaname
    13. Unohana Retsu

I think thats about right. Yamamoto because he's the big boss man. Aizen because he was rediculously strong out of no where. Byakuya becuase people seem to forget that he is extremely strong and has an incredible bankai. Kenpachi because he took on two captains while wearing the eye patch. Hitsugaya because he was kickin' Gin's ass during they're short fight and seems realy impressive to me. Shunshui and Ukitake are I think about the same level and also seem to be veterans of the Gotai 13. Gin wasn't all that impressive to me. The only fight we saw him in he was looseing badly. Soi Fong is indeed fast but I she likes alot of power to be able to take down some of the higher ups. Komamura didn't seem to impressive either but I kindof like him. Mayuri was an ass hole but he dose have a good bankai. I don't think it would do to much on some of the higher ups though. Tousen wasn't at all impressive he got pwned bad. Unohana isn't even a fighter shes a medic so...

24. Axass -Avenger-

Spoiler: Ranking with manga spoilers
    15 - Unohana Retsu - She doesn't seem to have battle related abilities.

14 - Abarai Renji - We know that if there's gonna be a Captains replacement, he's gonna be one, so I went ahead and put him.

13 - Tousen Kaname - He was raped by Kenpachi after using Bankai.

12 - Komamura Sajin - Wasn't beat up by Kenpachi but didn't shine either.

11 - Kurotsuchi Mayuri - Insane and cruel, which helps in battle, his zanpakutou also has some pretty tricky abilities but he doesn't seem to be a great sword fighter, I doubt he would keep up with the speed and strength of the others.

10 - Soi Fong - Highly overrated, she was completely dominated by Yoruichi (which didn't even use her Zanpakutou).

09 - Hitsugaya Toushirou - Being so young he probably lacks a lot of experience and while his Zanpakutou seems impressive, he didn't do much up until now, his fight with Gin wasn't impressive, he nearly got Hinamori killed.

08 - Ichimaru Gin - I'm gonna rank him for what we've seen till now, even though I think he's hiding most of his strength.

07 - Kuchiki Byakuya - Yes, I still think that Kenpachi would beat him.

06 - Zaraki Kenpachi - A demon, taking two Captains on and winning by far isn't something easily done, plus if he ever learn his Zanpakutou name and/or Bankai nobody would be able to stop him.

05 - Shihouin Yoruichi - The God of Flash, she's freakin' strong, she addressed Byakuya as "little" and beaten him with Shyunpo while carrying Ichigo and lacking training for 100 years, she also beat Soi Fong without her Zanpakutou not counting she has Shunkou and she can transform in a cat.

04 - Ukitake Jyuushiro - I'm trusting Yamamoto's word for him, he said he was, along with Shunsui, the strongest and eldest of the Captains. He's sick so I placed him lower than Shunsui.

03 - Kyouraku Shunsui - I'm trusting Yamamoto's word for him, he said he was, along with Ukitake, the strongest and eldest of the Captains. He's not sick so I placed him higher than Ukitake.

02 - Yamamoto Genryuusai - Clearly the strongest Captain of SS.

01 - Aizen Sousuke - He can kill Genryuusai with his Shikai only. Nuff' said.

Note: If I had to rank Kurosaki Isshin and Urahara Kisuke by pure intuition, I would place Isshin between Yoruichi and Ukitake and Urahara between Shunsui and Genryuusai.

25. Scared Link _

26. endgame 神田

Wow! Exactly what I had in mind. :amuse

Though I may switch Ichimaru and Hitsugaya.

27. Potentialflip One Last Stand

Wow I'm shocked I never did this well this is how I rank 'em.
    1 - Yamamoto Genryuusai
    2 - Aizen Sousuke (weird how it almost sounds like Sasuke)
    3 - Kyouraku Shunsui (Double Blades)
    4 - Ukitake Jyuushirou (This is close between 3 and 4 but got to say Shunsui ups Ukitake)
    5 - Zaraki Kenpachi (Yes tougher than Byakuya)
    6 - Ichimaru Gin (Yes above Byakuya)
    7 - Kuchiki Byakuya (Yes Finally!!!)
    8 - Soi Fong
    9 - Hitsuguya Toushirou
    10 - Kurotsuchi Mayuri
    11 - Komamura Saijin
    12 - Tousen Kaname
    13 - Unohana Retsu

Ichigo would be between Kenpachi and Gin.
    Renji would be between Tousen and Unohana.
    Urahara would be somewhere between Ukitake and Kenpachi.
    Yoruichi would be somewhere between Kenpachi and Gin.
    Spoiler: Manga Alert
    Isshin would be between Ukitake and Kenpachi.

There you go. Of course why did I choose Gin over Byakuya?! Well I'm just speculating of course but in reality I would be swapping between the two. Not having a final space for either one.

28. cinosweiv The Half Blood Bleach

My version of strongest captains in fighting:

1. Yamamoto Genyruasaai
    The General Commander, a high spiritual power. No bout, he is at the top list.
    2. Aizen Sousuke
    The main villain in the series, must be very strong
    3. Kyouraku Shunsui & Ukitate Jyuushiro
    The pair is equally in strength, the best students ever in the school founded by Yamamoto.
    4. Kuchiki Byakuga
    The strongest Kuchiki member ever, a very nice and unavoidable Bankai.
    5. Ichimaru Gin
    Evil, smart and might be strong.
    6. Zaraki Kenpachi
    Fighting squarely with two captains' bankai.
    7. Hitsugaya Toushiro & Soi Fong
    I can't compare whose are stronger between these two.
    8. Komamura Sajin & Tousen Kaname
    They seem have the equivalent strength.
    9. Kurotshuci Mayuri
    He's very good, but not in the captain's level above. All his attacks might be nullified by all those above

The best healer captains:
    The one and Only Unuohana Retsu.
    Unmatchable, likewise Tsunade.

Yorouchi might be at least in rank 3
    Ichigo might be at least in rank 3 (above Yorouchi)

29. HollowHunter6 New Member

srry, my last post screwed up.

30. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

I don't understand how people are able to put Gin so high on their lists, we've yet to actually see him to...well...anything really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.