1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Ranma 1/2

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Haoumaru, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Haoumaru New Member

Has anybody else noticed the numerous references back to Ranma 1/2 prevalent throughout Naruto? Here's what I've found so far:

Ranma 1/2 features a ninja named Sasuke as a regular cast member.
    A girl named Temari appears on an episode of Ranma 1/2.
    A few episodes of Ranma 1/2 feature a trio of fighters named Ino, Shika, and Chou.
    Kawarimi no jutsu, henge no jutsu, and kage bunshin are all mentioned by name in the original dialogue of Ranma 1/2, although they take on somewhat different meanings (the particular henge turns somebody into a frog against their will and the kage bunshin is a method of training that involves fighting a clone of yourself, but kawarimi was pretty much the same).

Just thought I'd toss those out there. Somebody's probably already posted them and I'm making an ass of myself, but I don't care.

Tags:
  2. LMiTbR8Kr4O02 toppyoushimonai

forget the names Ranma 1/2 is a kick ass series

3. CrazyCelt Retired Axe_Murderer

Sasuke is a very common name for a ninja because of a historical reference dating to the beginning of the Shogunate.
    Temari would probably also be common due to the decorated eggs called temari.

4. Anko hi i upgraded your rams

Shika, Ino, Chou is the equivilent to a flush in a popular traditional card game, "Hanafuda".

5. BigR New Member

All those references can be easily passed off, you know. But still, Ranma ? was a great manga/anime (in that order) and I spent hours-a-plenty on Kazaa downloading wrongly titled, unsequenced episodes. Alas, I started buying DVD's... I don't know why I explained that. FYI, I suppose...

6. mary no jutsu hungry

wow i never really noticed. when did allt hese things happen im so confused

7. HokageNaruto New Member

Ranma Rocks. I loved the stuff. I read it all, but haven't seen it all.

8. kanopon New Member

What HAPPENED to Ranma?????

Hello. I'm kanopon. I am a big fan of the dot hack series, the Slayers series, the Naruto series (of course), and other anime. But one of the first anime shows I've ever really really liked was Ranma 1 2. I haven't seen it for a very long time. So I decided to buy a video. But when I asked for it, they didn't have any. And this guy told me that they already sold the LAST EPISODE of the series. Please tell me it's not true!!! One of my favorite series is actually over!!! I was so shocked that I looked like this.. :eek: THE IRONY..... But Inu-Yasha makes up for it so I moved on. But still.. I'm not sure if it's a fact. But if it is...does anyone know what happened to Ranma and the gang??? Please tell me if you do. I'm desperate!! Oh! And don't worry about spoilers. I'll buy it anyway to keep it in my collection. :)

9. Yuhi ANBU ******

well....

ill wright down a summary of the last epis ok?

second last epi:
    While visiting Mrs. Tendo's grave Ranma begins to wonder about his own mother. Nodoka Saotome, Ranma's mother, had just sent a postcard telling the Tendos she was going to visit. Ranma is quite eager to meet his mother, but Genma explains to everyone that he made a promise to Nodoka when Ranma was first born. He promised her that he would take Ranma on a training trip and that he would raise him to be a great man, that Genma and Ranma would commit suicide. Genma and Ranma decide to hide their true identities and tell Nodoka that Ranma is actually Ranko, a cousin of the Tendos.

and finally the last:
    Nodoka's stay is rather short, and Ranma hears that she is planning on returning home soon. He decides that he would really like for her to meet him as himself rather than as Ranko. Genma warns Ranma and constantly tries to stop him. When a water main explodes and sends Nodoka flying, Ranma saves her and Nodoka catches a glimpse of her son before passing out. When she awakens, she sees Ranko and thinks it was all a dream. Nodoka says that in her dream Ranma was very manly. Ranma tells Akane that he will wait until he can be normal before he tells his mother the truth. At the end, Ranma and Akane head off to school, and then turn towards the screen and say "Goodbye!". :( :(

hope that, that it is good enough for u :)

and just to tell u that inu yasha just ended a couple of weeks ago( i u didn?t know) aswell

10. Sharingan Yoda Calm like a bomb

Ummm...this anime ended a long time.

11. kanopon New Member

WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?! Inu-Yasha too?!?! the world is ending...I__I And to tell you the truth, the Ranma 1 2 episode you mentioned is OAV episode, right?? I saw it. I don't believe that was the LAST episode. But I will find out. Now I have two more questions. Has Rumiko Takahashi made any good (and new) manga or anime like Ranma 1 2 or Inu-Yasha lately? I happen to be a fan of hers. And what happened on the last episode of Inu-Yasha???

12. Yuhi ANBU ******

ill give u a site that i think you will like:

hope u like it...

13. souske_05 one pissed kitty

i dont think that she has any out. atleast not yet.
    hey i dont know why but this thread sparked an idea for a new one.

14. kanopon New Member

what do you mean souske_05?

15. mary no jutsu hungry

wow you seriously didn't know that ranma was over. it been over for more than 5 years(maybe 10 not sure) well anyways its ok cause then the ranma series is really long and you always have the 2 movies unless youve already have watched all of them

16. kanopon New Member

Did Ranma and Akane end up together in the end? What happened to the rest of the cast? Same goes for Inu-Yasha and Kagome. Did he choose Kagome or Kikyo??

17. Yuhi ANBU ******

just click on the link i wrote above and either click on inu yasha or ranma and u will find out on both your question.

18. jquchiha Sharingan user

Ranma 1/2 is great and funny!

19. ahheng21 Singapore's SpamKing

haaha. this is defintely one of the best comedy anime i ever seen. it's something like fruits basket with more funny stuff. i like that duck best

20. Naruto82 The Pic Nin?

Ranma is one of my fav animes I have the whole series on DVD minus the OAVs :(

but anyway you forgot about sexy No jutsu and Girl Ranma, and Ryoga's Breaking point Tech. and Neji's 64 Hands, Mousse and ten ten and their uber amount of weapons :eek:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  21. NinjaJedi007 d[-_-]b

mousse is my favorite character in ranma 1/2. hes another underdog that always gets looked over. i still remember the 1st major technique seen is when he uses that duck-training-potty :eek:) hes a funny character tho. the weapons that he weilds are pretty cool if i say so myself.

22. Gator I was broken

That Ice skater guy uses that one not? (volume 2)

23. shinorei_91 N00binator

Ranma 1/2 is more similar to Inuyasha for the character part and as for the Sasuke name,it's a really common name so it must be a coincedence

24. Naruto82 The Pic Nin?

nah that was Kaiten and sort of lol I was talking about how he could see the weak points in the rocks and distroy it with just a finger very simaler to Neji's ability to see the chakra holes in a body and distroy/disrupt them with just a fingerthey even have some what simaler names too (in japanese and not even going to try and spell them lol)

Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha were made by the same girl Rumiko Takahashi (yes a girl did both Manga even though there is alot of perversion :wink :p :smile-big )

Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  25. Rinali your retarded little brother

I haven't seen the anime but I looove the manga

26. NinjaJedi007 d[-_-]b

there are so many episodes and its been a while since i last watched the anime. i have the early seasons, the OAV series, and the 2 movies. the 2nd movie is good. i may have to watch that soon!

27. Narutofan580 New Member

Ranma1/2 is one of my most favorite anime.I have only watched 2 epsoides and loved it.My favorite character is Kasumi.

28. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Does anyone remember the time when Happosai got pissed off at Ranma and gave him a small burn on his back that made him weak? (first off all, that could be like Neji's 64 strikes in a kinda-sorta way)

Anyway, during that time, Cologne taught Ranma the move that, before use, he must be on the defensive while walking in a spiral, then give a huge punch at the end. Does anyone remember this attack name? (and this could kinda relate to Inuyasha's backlash wave)

Also, who else here thinks Ling-Ling and Lung-Lung are just amazing in their own way?

29. Narutofan580 New Member

The thing was called Moxibusion and the move was Hiryu Shoten Ha aka Dragon's Heaven Blast.It is somewhat releated because the moves involves a certain type of enegry to use the atack.Ranma's atack was a tornado.Inuyasha's atack was a whirlpool.

30. KoumaKyuuKetsuki Legendary

Have'nt seen the Anime, but the Manga'a are awsome! and I'm with everyone else on the Sasuke name it's very common.