1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ranmaru and the Message of the series

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by ShounenSuki, Nov 8, 2005.

1. ShounenSuki

I just watched the episodes 156 to 158, and I was wondering. Is it just me, or do Ranmaru's actions go right against one of the most important messages of the Naruto series; "With a precious person, you will be truly strong. You should do anything you can to protect and support him/her"
    I mean, he didn't just not protect or even support Raiga, he actually betrayed him and even tried to kill him. And what did Naruto do? He encouraged Ranmaru. The worst part is that Ranmaru didn't even show any regret. He just lives happily ever after, making that poor excuse of curry.

Luckily the Konohamaru-filler was funny and cute ^^, or else I might stop have stopped watching Naruto completely.

Tags:
  2. xeno

Yes, the Konohamaru filler was full of wins and goodness. Definitely helped redeem my interest a little.

3. martryn

Yep, a definite case of a filler trying too hard. And with characters that have personalities that won't matter in a few episodes. The worst thing that could happen? When the anime starts to follow the manga again, they have flashbacks to fillers!

4. xeno

Nahhhh they wouldn't do that *knocks on wood*

5. Suzumebachi

It was the curry. Ranmaru ate it and was given satanic powers. He was able to walk again, and he tried to kill the only person who ever cared for him. Devil curry....

6. Yeemaster

Hey...you're absolutely right! More proof that these fillers stink (not that we don't have enough proof as it is). Definitely a case of different writing styles, sorta like when you team up with someone to write a paper/lab report. It never fits right.

I don't know why they picked such an involved arc for the filler. Giving all our favorite characters 23 minutes of fame would have done the job just fine, something similar to the Konohamaru episode or that bug hunting filler. At least there's less of a chance of completely contradicting the real storyline. .

7. MF NaruSimpson

i think the point of this arc is that naruto doesn't make the same mistake twice , this time he stopped ranmaru from wasting his life and going down with raiga, the way haku went down with zabuza

8. ShounenSuki

The problem is, Naruto didn't make a mistake with Haku. The point of haku's death was that, if you can die to protect your Precious Person, you can die happy. Haku had absolutely no regrets, giving his life for Zabuza. The same goes for Kimimaro and the Sandaime Hokage. They died fighting for those they loved. The most beautiful and meaningful death one can have.

9. dale2

The theme of this filler series seems to be that if you are friends with someone who does the wrong thing you should betray them.

It really doesn't work but then again, all of the fillers have been bad

10. Zorokiller

New life lesson from naruto: Bad people are not your friend, kill them without hesitation, even if they've carried your lazy ass for the couple of years

11. Anthriel

Nah, it was obviously a variation of the Kimimaro story. Extremely bad guy uses good guy, good guy is extremely devoted to bad guy even though he shouldn't be. Good guy dies for bad guy, everyone is sad.
    The message was simply that the original Naruto message taken to the extreme is bad, and therefore it's sometimes better to act different. As far as I'm concerned, that's rather good. The filler was still poorly made in various respects, for example that they didn't have time to show Ranmaru weep for Raiga, because they had to pull off an happy end, but I really don't think it's fair to fault them for that thing. Everyone gets mad when the filler team copies directly from the manga, yet when they do something different, people get mad as well? Please ... at least be somewhat fair. Judging from the various comments on the fillers, most people here would be completely incapable of producing them themselves.

12. Big_L

i think it was good that i did´t follow the patern that usally followed in naruto. one thing im starting to dislike about naruto is the repetation about every thing, aahh i will get sasuke back, i will get sasuke back and on and on and on forever. And that precious person means everything all the time is a little bit annoying.

im a bad speller i know:-)

13. JAPPO

That wasn't exactly how it was worded, but I liked it since im demented ;)

14. Chiru

LMAO. OMFG! That was so funny. I never thought about it like this, but as I read it I get this picture:

Naruto: "Hey kid...betray your friend and get some yummy curry."
    Ranmaru: "Okay! How do I do it?[/b]
    N: "Just kill him."
    R: "Well golly gee mister, that sure sounds swell. :tem "
    -Ranmaru goes and gets the big guy to die.
    N: "Nice job! :amuse "
    R: "Really?"
    -Entire group nods. Lee does niceguy pose.
    -Ranmaru goes on to make spicy curry.

15. Dr. Obvious

Yeah, storyline kinda sucked, but the animation in the last episode of that filler was nice :D. The Konohamaru filler somewhat brought back the oriental feel of the show with the environment and everything. His new formation was retarded though, kinda through the episode out of whack. This filler, I'm just watching for the action like I have for pretty much all of the fillers. No need to really pay attention since Kishimoto didn't write it. At least they are just missions and aren't drastically altering the storyline (heck, no one says that they ever have to use their new moves again). And might as well get all of the fillers out of the way now during this timeskip, since where the manga is at write now, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to put them in.

16. neko-sennin

It just struck me as one of those things that, if given another episode's space, and a tighter ending, could have been decent.

As for ranmaru, I guess I read between the lines. In spite of the happy ending, he does seem horribly conflicted, both about finding other people who care about him, as well as beginning to better understand the nature of the misdeeds he aided and abetted Raiga in committing. Though it was poor writing, on their part, not to show him shedding a single tear for the only friend he had ever had in his whole life up to that point.

17. yuki2022

Yep, i agree, what interesting i also thinked about stopping watching naruto.
    they(authors) just killing ppl to the left and right, if someone considered(by naruto) be bad there must be a funeral for him?! :)))

18. Anki Rendan

I really have to wonder why in the world people go back to threads made years ago just to post in them. It really boggles my mind. o_o

I recall that what bothered me a lot about this filler arc was Naruto chatting happily to Lee about Itachi and Kisame. I mean, really....