1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Rasengan Theory

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Trijikon, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Trijikon

This has been bugging me for quite some time so I decided to make an account and post on one of the naruto forums I read from time to time. The theory surrounds narutos current training and my theory is as follows.

Unless the completed rasengan is somehow a ranged attack wont it STILL be incomplete? The reason I say this is because of what yondaime told kakashi in the kakashi gaiden chapters. Chidori and Rasengan are basically the same style of attacks (a type of high damage palm thrust). But yondaime said chidori was incomplete because it involved kakashi rushing in and often missing and we have seen naruto miss rasengan a few times already.

Toward the end of kakashi gaiden kakashi was able to complete the technique by receiving sharingan so he can predict the opponents movements and use the technique successfully. So assuming the completed rasengan doesnt change it into some kind of ranged attack and kishi sticks to what he said in earlier chapters wont naruto have to learn something else to effectivly deliver the rasengan to his opponent? Perhaps shunshin/hiraishin? Because I seriously doubt naruto will get sharingan or anything like it. And I dont think kage bunshin counts. I think its a pretty strong theory and it has support I just want to see what others think.

Tags:
  2. Wrath

No, the difference is that Rasengan has the same power whether you run at your enemy or you stand still, whereas most of Chidori's power comes from your speed.

3. Trijikon

Your right part of chidoris power depends on its rush. But if thats the case then rasengan is just a slower more powerful no rush needed palm thrust compared to chidori. Which makes me think that he needs a better delivery system even more. Kabuto said something around the lines of "no way he can hit me in a big motion like that". Hes slow with it and has horrible accuracy. I hate to use this as an example and forgive me for doing so cause I know it has very little relevance(sp?) but in the last filler arch where naruto uses the rasengan on that bird with the explosive note (which was real stupid im sure everyone can agree it was poorly done) where they combined byakugun and rasengan so naruto wouldnt miss. In the end all naruto does is charge in with rasengan and miss most of the time. The only time I recall naruto using rasengan in a fight and not rushing or charging in with it is vs kabuto the 2nd time he tried (first time he rushed and missed). So to me I still think it would count as incomplete even if he does succeed in powering it up with wind.

4. Fuyuu Hidarite

Hehehe, imagine Naruto using Hiranshin and Rasengan combined alternatively in a great offense. It would be like Lee?s pinball with Gaara when he opened gates in the eliminatory part of the 2nd chuunin exam...

5. ycavan

KN4 has already shown us the "future" of Naruto's Rasengan... Naruto would draw in "Wind chakra" and release it in a blast.

6. superflyninjaguy

no. that was the beuty of what yondaime had created. u could simply be doing nothing, create a rasengan, and slam it into an enemies chest killing him. chidori had to compensate for that kind of power by adding incredible speed, but at that speed he couldnt do it w/out being able to counter the opponents counterattack hense the need for sharingan. rasengan has so much power it cuts out the need for the extreme speed and use of the accelerated thrust.

7. *uzumaki-naruto*

but he might be right cause yondaime made harishin and that might of been for delivering the rasengan into the opponent

8. monkeytoast Jitsu

what is Naruto was able to use his Wind chakra and thow it?

9. ycavan

...then we would rename the Rasengan to Kamehameha! :)

10. rorykage

i saw a theory in another thread once, basically it suggested that naruto would use wind chakra and the accelerated spinning motion of rasengan to creat a wind vortex that would draw enemies into the rasengan waiting in naruto's palm.

hiraishin is what made rasengan effective for yondaime, i can agree to that thought, i think someone stated it above. so based on hiraishin, i have thought for a while that maybe naruto has expanded on his kage bunshin. what i suggest is that naruto can create a bunshin anywhere he needs (perhaps there would alimited radius), so if for example naruto is fighting kakashi, and kakashi is fifty feet away, naruto could create a bunshin fifty feet away from himself to intercept kakashi. i think this is plausible ability, not too complicated, but this only what i want to happen, this can't be proved with anything. anyway, being able to create bunshins in varying locations would be a good way to deliver his new rasengan, making a "complete" jutsu.

11. Sasouke

The wind chakra will only make the rasengan look more like a "drill".
    Remember how Asuma was talking about making the wind chakra thin and sharp. Imagen that picture and the throw in the rasengan it will be like an thornado up-side-down or something.

12. Shishi-O

i think rasengan unlocks the basics of shun shin for some reason. like, think about all that horrendous chakra control for the fact that he continually spams that ultra difficult a-rank jutsu( both kb and rasengan, wich both require a sic level of chakra control). it'll be something that kakashi points out to him( somewhat like the tkb training effect.),....sux to say but naruto is dense:)

13. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠

I think with naruto now learning wind manipulation that he would be able to deliver the rasengan without rushing an opponent. the rasengan is just swirling wind that is controlled at a certain place, with naruto learning how to master wind maipulation since he already mastered form, moving and projecting this attack should be basic. Wind has the ability to move objects and the rasengan should be no different.

14. Superb Herb

Swirling chakra, it has no element yet. Will be wind after Naruto completes though.

15. FadedBlack

hmm interesting but narutos using the wind element too help improve his rasengan which will probably than give his attack some sort of a range to it

16. Krzr

No what Yondaime said was It's an incomplete jutsu because Kakashi was going too fast to see an enemy attack and be able to react. So when Obito gave him his Sharingan. Kakashi said I think you just completed my justsu because with the sharingan he could see the enemy attack coming therefore Chidori was complete. That's why only Sasuke could learn Chidori and not Naruto.

17. Akadis

18. The Fourth Hokage

the weakness of chidori was that the user runs at the enemy with such a speed that he cannot see the enemy's counter. Sharingan's foresight ability helped Kakashi. The jutsu is incomplete still, but not in the hands of a sharingan user.

19. King_Rollo

You might as well call that "PWNAGE NO JUTSU"

20. funumuh

There's always the possibility that the wind rasengan could have a vacuum effect that draws enemies into it.

21. Hwon

I like the vacuum effect idea, but also I like the idea of wind rasengan giving rasengan so much of an overpowering offense that it actually becomes defensive in a way. Like reversing the vacuum effect and give it a cyclone affect coming off rasengan that surrounds naruto like a sideways tornado and that it would deflect any counter attack like kunai or other elemental jutsu.

22. the_anomaly

Chidori is still an incomplete jutusu in a way. Didnt Kakshi say that the Rasengan is the ultimate form or charaka manipulation?
    But Chidori is just the element of kakashis chakara therefore he can not manipulate it like the Rasengan. For example Rasengan requires no seals and once its done requires no other input from the user. Chidori however needs a constant flow of charka in the hand also meaning the longer you use it the more chakra is wasted and all your efforts are wasted.
    So for Chidori to be complete you would have a powerful lighting sword in your hand that is a sharpened as possible that did not require constant chakara and effort once cast.
    I think the finished Rasengan will be an offensive move that can be used for close combat & distances. That could take out multiple targets.
    Dont forget now that Naruto knows he has an affinity for wind this will not be the only wind based jutsu he uses.

23. Ollson

Why couldn't he have copied Hiraishin?
    I simply think that Kakashi doesn't think that Naruto is ready to learn Hiraishin so he uses this as kind of a test.
    That if Naruto completes (or gets close to completing) Rasengan, Kakashi will learn him Hiraishin so that Naruto can use the new technique effectively.

When Naruto used Rasengan against Kabuto during the Sannin battle.
    It created a ball around Kabuto and threw him into a rock and cause severe damage where the Rasengan hit him.
    I think that the Kazengan (as i call it) will do basically the same.
    When someone gets hit, it will create a ball around them with wind chakra in it.
    So that the one that gets hit wont just be injured where he got hit.
    But he'll be cut open everywhere.