1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Rate Meliodas as a Main Character

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Keishin, Dec 30, 2018.

Rate Meliodas as a character

1. 10

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. 7

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. 5

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. 4

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. MrPopo Well-Known Member

Escanor should of been the main character :ufdup

2. Dayscanor The One

He's an average MC I guess.

All power creep aside (and I get that Nakaba has to wank his MC, that's what authors do) I think my issue with him was how gimmicky his whole character is, and I'm not talking about powers per say. It seems like Nakaba plucked every trope about shounen MCs, and often the worst offenders too, and checked their boxes one by one.
    For example:
    1-Angsty teenager: check. He only looks like a teenager though. Often gets a powerup from said angst.
    2-Has a constant poker face attitude:You never really know what's on his mind.
    This wouldn't be problematic if Nakaba rarely ever showed him reflect on himself, and basically tell us what is going on in his mind. To me he's like a more perverted Goku.
    3-Loses only to get stronger. He literally has to die in order to become stronger
    ...etc

I think he's very stereotypical as an MC, he isn't as entertaining as Luffy who granted is an idiot albeit an entertaining one....Aside from his story that is really tragic there isn't much that makes him stand out, he's just bland. If only he didn't fill so many stereotypes I think I'd enjoy his character more.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  3. mob Ningen destroyer

He is one of the worst characters in NNT series, that sate sate sate shit and constant harassment of Elizabeth got old very quickly, he would get 1/10 from me if that poll lowest score wasn't a 4:ufdup

4. Taizai295 Member

It’s also hilarious how people are so bothered by the constant groping.

I never thought much of it. I just ignore it.

5. Tendou Izumi Member

Meliodas is pretty average as an MC. It's like whenever he's showing an ounce of depth, it stops midways and always reverts to his light hearted self.

6. J★J♥ Vento Aureo

He is collection of clichés without any originality or personality

7. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

Always found him annoying whenever he was on screen. Pervert humour can be funny when done right, it isn't with him because he neither is in original scenarios, nor does he get punished for his antics, which is typically a part of that humour. If anything, they just tried to take it seriously later on which got creepy, even with the explanations they gave, since Elizabeth would act with that stupid "deer in headlights" expression.

His character has always remained a "mystery" because as a poster said, they put a poker face on him, so we're supposed to try and guess his thoughts. That isn't good since he's the main fucking character, and a story is supposed to generally be shown through the perspective of whoever the main character is. His conflicts are typically kept vague and undefined, and we only find things out from flashbacks, we have to tread backwards instead of move forwards with his character, which is annoying since half of the main cast also does this.

And through it all, he's treated like some perfect god by everyone he talks to, and always creeps up in power, like a good old Gary Stu. I've never once enjoyed a fight of his, especially compared to some of the other characters and the fights they have.

I'll give him like, a 2/10. That's being generous. But I just really don't have anything positive to say about this guy.

8. Cursemark Well-Known Member

He's trash-tier. I despise the rapey part of his character the most. The author wants us to pretend it's funny but it's very forced & cringeworthy.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  9. Alibaba Saluja Depths of the Ocean

Don´t mind the groping. I like the fact that he´s already "mature" in the sense that he already knows everything. So with him is more about past events and their repercussions.

Having said that, nothing else is really outstanding. More of the same. He doesnt´take anything seriously, which hurts his quality and the manga´s quality.

In part I that´s excusable, because the Holy Knights were small fry in the grand scheme of things. But when things got serious, he stayed the same character. Not good.

10. Kaaant Well-Known Member

What is mel’s personality beyond being the toughest guy in the room “just because”?

Knee grow must be Muslim because he plays taharrush so much lmao

11. Pliskin Well-Known Member

I like the 'aloof dork as a coping mechanism for trauma part'

I dislike the dwarf optic.8/10, at least a fresh Shonen MC.

(I also dislike that he was stronger than 90% of the cast originaly and only got rusty, but that only drags down the last 20% of the manga)