1. Halloween Drawing Contest is happening now!
    drawing contest 04
    Click [HERE] to join up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Think your debating skills are the best around? Want to prove that your know what your talking about? Then come and join us for a Tournament and show your peers how to really debate.
    OBD Tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Rave Master

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by Confucius345, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Confucius345

I Know There Are Some Rave Master Fans Out There!!

When is the next Volume coming out????

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2004
    Tags:
  2. Inactive sage

No Idea Rave Master is cool though

3. Yaman

I love rave master, but the show isn't as good. the next volume should come out this month. Go to Tokyopop.com

Last edited: Dec 5, 2004
  4. Inactive sage

No I with Kumo-whenever it get back

5. Orihime

All Sato-whatever conversations goes to the Sato Forums. This is a topic about Rave, so keep it on RAVE. -_- All off topic comments are deleted.

Anyway, one of my favorite manga. :D I first heard about it through the anime, saw it subbed, and the anie was awesome, but htey cut it off after Vol 12, so i was sad. :( I don't think there will be a 2nd season, so I'm getting the manga.

I read the scanlated up to Vol 17, but since its licensing, it's impossible to find it online, your best bet, if you want it in scanlated format, is to go look for it in the bowels of IRC, hoping that at least 1 fserv carries it. :p Most of the time there's none tho. The bot I got it from went bye bye, so... :3

Anyway, I'm buyiing Tokyopop's version right now, Vol 12 should be released hthis December. I'm kinda pissed that they changed the name to Rave Master (for both the anime and manga) here in North America, since I think "Groove Adventure Rave" sounds so much funkier. I think that title connects the "music" theme of the anime and manga more, compared to "rave Master". :p But you got to hand it to North Americans to come up wtih something like Rave master. heh.

Anyway, my favorite character is Sieg Hart *_* (my rabu) and Musica. I also like Shuda, especially the role he plays later on. Haru-tachi is also awesome.. and can't wait for Tokyopop to catch up soon.

If you are interested, Ithink Vol 29 (or was it 30?) of the manga was recently released in Japan. I'm so tempted to just buy the Japanese version. x_x;;;;

6. Confucius345

lol RAve master is a good mangA!! I do like the new underworld gangs that are poping up though!

7. HisshouBuraiKen

If you're talking about the current japanese manga, it's still coming out. The new volumes have been coming out on the 16th or so of every even-numbered month for a while now. 30 was the latest one, 31 should be out next week. You can buy the authentic manga off the japanese amazon.com

Me, I buy Shonen Magazine every week and read it. I think it's getting close to ending because they've collected all 5 Raves, Elie regained her memory, and a whole bunch of other stuff I won't spoil.

8. Kimun*

And those funky English opening OP and EDs. Ha! I love the "You can Rave about it" Song. It's so cheesy, its good. I still haven't found an mp3 about it though. Do the songs on the original version sound as odd?

9. Lunasakuramoon

I like Rave master! yaay!! next manga vol is coming this month!!

10. Orihime

O_O Can you spoil me? XD PM me or something.. the spoilers. XD I saw the raws, but I have no idea what the heck they were talking about. XDDD Last scanlation i read was vol 17 so I wouldn't mind if you just tell me other importants bits! XD Please?

The original japanese OP and ED are sooo good. *_* The songs are awesome. I mean, the OPs are all hyper, popy, bouncy, but they're nothing like the NA OP/ED. x_x;;; From what I remember:

OP 1: Butterfly
    ED 1: Hikousen
    OP 2: HIgher and Higher
    ED 2: Kohaku no Yurikago

I love Hikousen. XDD That song was great.

11. Takahashi Ryosuke

Rave Master is awesome and you should watch the anime and it's playing on Cartoon Network on saturday night.

12. Confucius345

oh...i dont like the anime that much..

13. Kimun*

I thought so. No.Am. Rave Master is full of American-puns, allusions and such, that I doubt they translated the orginal version right.

But I still think the "Rave Slide" is awesome.

14. Orihime

:x I still think I'll go search for old subs and burn them. >_> They are selling like DVDs with 2 episodes each.. and Rave has 52 episodes... there's no way I'd buy 26 DVDs >_<

15. nightangel

Rave master book and fav.

I like Rave master.
    I have the book, but I only have the 1st one!
    my favorite charater is that little dog.
    Or whatever his name is

16. Orihime

17. 4thokage

I read the english translation but they are wayy roo slow where can i get the chapters in english?

18. narutofan20052005

ya, i've been looking for them everywhere

19. Fox_Retainer

A quick question: Is there anyplace besides directmanga.com where I can download Rave Master manga. No Irc or BitTorrent. Will rep. Thank you.

20. Fuko

mangadownload.net

I think this site has it. you need private access, though.

21. Fox_Retainer

I couldn't find it there. Thank you for your response, however.

22. Inconspicuous_lurker

I've heard a lot about this manga. Is it any good?

23. Crucifixation

Yes. Though the plot can be complicated it times, it is generally a good manga with an original plot and in-depth character design and potrayal. It's worth a look, or two. My friend owns the whole manga collection. We love it.

And since RAVE is quite an obscure manga, finding scans on it will not be easy. I'll hunt around for the next few days, and post as soon as I can find it.

24. Fuko

I've checked the site and it still has it. try checking 'private section' from there.

25. liz

Not amazing but still good. :amuse The art n design is pretty cute. Not a surprise though since the artist is one of the students of the person who did Rurouni Kenshin. I think.

The main character is Haru Glory with his weird pet called Plue. He received the Rave Stone n went of a journey with companions, Elie n Musica. The plot gets complicated from there so I can't explain further. :p

But something still worth checking out. I've never seen scanlations for them though but maybe it's bcoz I've never reli looked for it. I think there's an anime for it anyway.

26. Orihime

Hmm. Try Tokyopop.com, or your closest bookstore. It's licensed and they've released up to Vol 13 (or 12?) and should be releasing 14 soon.

27. Neenah

noooooo itz not hard to find scans u can them on this rave italian site lol
    heres the link, itz the best site ever!!!!!!

first u click enter u go in, go on multimedia section, click "scans manga"
    and there u hav two colums, one is in english that goes from vol 13-17 (15 is not up yet)
    another colum is the japanese colum( itz untranslated) which goes from 18-29 .....download them!...but more volumes will come ( btw i live in italy and i luv rave!!!!)
    warning huge spoilers!!! (rep me...plez)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  28. Crucifixation

Just in case anybody is intereted, the latest volume out is 31. Just like to
    Spoiler:
    warn you that one of our all-time favourite character died. No, it isn't Shiba-he died in volume 28. It's a certain magician.

29. Neenah

yep i knew that...sad:sad lol

30. .3173

Darn. I was spoiler'd! Well it was my fault...
    Spoiler:
    Shiba and who else? Hmm, magician. Not ringing any bells unless Sieg is a magician.

And RAVE is a really great manga. Has the right mix of action, humor, story, and weirdness. It's my favorite manga!