1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  2. Fancy yourself a sleuth, evil mastermind, debating pro, and/or just plain love One Punch Man? If so, sign up for Akihabara Lounge's first Mafia game, themed on One Punch Man.

LINK
  3. Fanclubs Reorganisation:
    We're consolidating the fanclub subsections on 07/08/2017. For more information, visit this thread
  4. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  5. Think you have the best waifu? Come and prove that your waifu is the best in the first ever NF Waifu Competition!
    Please submit any and all notifications in the link below: "
    NF Waifu Popularity Tournament

6. The latest NF Newsletter is out (August), read it here
  7. Summer Glow
    The HoU Banner Contest this time is centered on Summer time.
    The deadline is until July 23rd and you only have to click here to go straight to the information you need.

8. Ladies and gents, the Tech Hub has been archived! Any tech-related questions can go in KCC now, and make sure to use the new [Tech] tag!

Re:CREATORS

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by MusubiKazesaru, Apr 8, 2017.

1. luffy no haki Stronger than all

Yeah, nice ep, Magane and Alice interaction was okay.

Also loved how the new chick was just getting unintentional bullying from everywhere.:skully

So basically Blitz sees his daughter in Altair or something?

And finally, we already know the plan and all but how will they really counter a character that gets her powers from freaking FanFics? if they emulate the run of the mill ones, tons of people actually think up lots of broken powers to add to the characters.

2. Danchou Antagonist

I dont know, plenty of stuff happened but im starting to get bored with this. Its like they're needlessly stretching this and im doubting the payoff is going to be worth it.

3. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

I still don't like how they're needlessly vague about the various projects. I kind of want to know what ideas they're using in the side stories.

4. Magnum Miracles Well-Known Member

The amount of red tape we have to go through for shit to happen in this show is insane. I guess in that sense it's got a more realistic take on the anime industry than even a show like Shirobako does.:zaru

At least Shirobako's processes are a fuck ton more fun and have even bigger pay off.

5. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

I don't want to watch a show about the anime industry. I thought that the show would focus more on the characters themselves and how they interact with other characters from different series and the real world, but instead most of the episodes heavily feature the creative process and the artists/writers.

I guess that kind of makes sense since the show does have "creators" in its title, but still... The show has such an interesting concept, but they are just wasting it.

6. GARcher Well-Known Member

have I commented yet on how the last episode was purely dialogue again? :zaru

Altair is literally the only thing why I keep watching. Her design is awesome (maybe one of my all-time favs) and I like how OP she is :ufdup

7. Butcher Punishment

8. blakstealth Club Bangerz

You know a scene's gonna be good when Brave the Ocean is playing.

also gotta love that good product placement in this ep (toyota 86, dji mavic pro, nissan stadium...)

9. luffy no haki Stronger than all

Finally Celesia has her mecha, being honest I thought the other guy from her world would give it to her or something but they actually managed to bring it by themselves.

Also dat Yuuya the hunk:ryoma

10. Dragon D. Luffy You can only cry when it's all over.

Meteora continues to be the best character.

11. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

I haven't seen the latest episode, but I've decided to drop this anyway. Watching 20+ minutes of this each week is beginning to feel like a chore, so that's it for me. I actually thought that this show would be one of the best of the season when I first started watching, but unfortunately I was wrong.

12. Dragon D. Luffy You can only cry when it's all over.

You are dropping it right when the climax is set up.

Smh.

13. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

Based on how the series has gone so far, the climax is going to be disappointing and is just going to waste more of my time.

14. Lord Darkwolf Order Reborn

Damn Suruga ....You are one savagely scary lady ...

15. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

Let me know if I missed something from previous episodes when I talk about this:

Suruga to Blitz: She (Setsuna) made the character she created (Altair) get revenge for her. Is she really an author? That's not what a real story is. That's just some scribbles pretending to be speech.

As I said before, I was wary of when Setsuna said that Altair's story was "the last story", and we don't know how Altair ended up in the 'real world' in the first place. If that is really what happened with Setsuna, it will be a very dark twist on her suicide. It is only a possibility, and may not happen, but I am just throwing this out there.

-------------------------------------

On the other hand, watching Chibi Reviews made me realize something about Altair's character, and what she may be planning, given her statement that she is not able to break apart the Birdcage "as I am now":

The way Suruga describes Altair and her creator, when talking with Blitz, it sounds like Altair may have been written in a 'certain way' that she becomes an 'event horizon' for the narrative, so to speak. And in connecting with what you said about the audience, if groups among the viewers start wanting Altair to win, and thus make her overpowered and unstoppable, while clashing with other viewers who don't want the same thing. She is already showing shades of that 'event horizon' aspect, where she resists any attack thrown at her, and even escapes Celestia's ultimate technique, with the boast of being able to find 'a single exit' out of an infinite space.

The first half of the series was primarily exploring the "creators" aspect of fictional stories. Now we may be getting a meta deconstruction of the "fandom" aspect of it, the second part of what brought all these characters to life. In the case of Altair, she's a blank slate in the worst way - any fans of her can add on anything they want to her character, and it can become reality. There can and will be fans of Altair's character who WANT to give her whatever power she needs to attain victory, especially if they sympathize with the character.

This is what happens with fan-fiction writers who write over-powered OCs for whom the entire narrative of the original story just bends over backwards for; this is what happens with certain characters in different fandoms that certain groups of fans see as being virtually all-powerful, or even more powerful than what they are canonically depicted as being, and those who write fan-fictions surrounding those characters.

If Altair is like any of the above that I described, in a setting where fandom perceptions can and will influence the Creations...

16. Dragon D. Luffy You can only cry when it's all over.

"Since when are you under the impression I can't find an exit from infinite gates?"

"I cant break the birdcage now, but I will be able to once the hougyoku makes me stronger"

Also she somehow managed to turn Meteora's plan into her advantage. People viewing this event can also make her more powerful.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  17. Dragon D. Luffy You can only cry when it's all over.

Blitz is about to leave it.

Aliceteria is only pretending to be part of it.

So now she only has the two newcomers. The mecha guy and the glass guy. Who might also leave after some talk no jutsu happens.

Basically, it's Altaraizen vs everyone.

18. rborges01 Active Member

Altair actually already knew the plan in the ending of episode 15 and when she was asked what she was going to do to counter it by Blitz she responded that she was going to give them a chance to see how imprudent their strategy was. I guess she wasn't lying.

19. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

I liked how everybody was so shocked when they realised that Altair was aware of their plans. Did they really think that she wouldn't notice any of it? Curious to know if she is aware of what Aliceteria is planning on doing and and Erina being brought back to life. Wouldn't be surprised if she was aware of them as well.
    Curious to see what kind of powers they are going to give to that dating sim girl and how Magane is going to factor in the story. She does seem to be rather interested in Souta though.

20. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

Her power source is her fans, in the first place. She's a blank slate, and all her powers so far have come from 'secondary works' about her - fan-artists and fan-fictions. She is as powerful "as her audience wants her to be", and there are likely fans of Altair watching this event right now, and thinking: "Why is my favorite character being portrayed as the villain by these authors? I want Altair to win!"

All Altair has to do is reveal her back-story and win the sympathy of more audience members, and it will become that much harder for her to be contained.

21. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Why would a blank slate fan art character be someone's favorite? :lmao

They must REALLY like her design.

22. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

How do you think most poorly written characters get a strong fan-base?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  23. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised no one has commented on episode 18 yet.

24. blakstealth Club Bangerz

Hoshikawa definitely got the best upgrade. :cat

25. Superman LvL 30

Well...it does not hurt for the base slate to have a good design.

26. Dragon D. Luffy You can only cry when it's all over.

I dont like Magane suddenly being helpful. I hope there is more to her or it will ruin her character's potential.

Also lol at Yuuya not being the villain. And bigger lol at pink haired girl becoming the new Mamika. The Blitz part was great too.

But it feels like this ending is being rushed.

27. Superman LvL 30

Of course Magane is pulling something...she is always pulling something. But yes...a little rushy...they may have done to much of nothing during the middle of the season.