• cc
    Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is February 28 at 9 pm UTC.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Winter Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

MusubiKazesaru

You have to let go the fact that they split the season already, it's been haunting you since before episode 1 haha.
I don't know about it "haunting me", but it sort of pervades the entire series. It'll be easier to stop bitching about it now that it's a straight shot to the finish though.

I'm glad that they're finally getting around to doing stuff with Emilia. I found it odd how this arc started with a lot of her and it quickly drifted away from that, but it just goes to show that Subaru was avoiding it.

MusubiKazesaru

I just watched the new break time episode and I'm sort of glad it seems to have moved on from the sort of content we got in the first half of the season, but this episode was very unlike what we've gotten before and rather than being something cute or funny or whatever, it sort of complimented the episode itself and almost acted like a trailer or something.

MusubiKazesaru

I liked this week's episode. The Otto backstory was nice and between that and his last stand, it made me like him a lot more and the exchange between Subaru and Emilia was super cute

Spoiler:

and she won :hestonpls

trocollo

Another fantastic episode, I'm really liking seeing how Emilia is also going to grow and the nice difference with the the greed if where instead Subaru takes the path where Emilia stays without her memories and she becomes totally dependant on him, thought I should've waited more to see them finally kiss and got surpised how well it was done already in this episode, and oh boy, Otto's backstory was actually good

Last edited:

Foxfoxal

Otto haters screaming in agony right now with how far mah boy has come.

Ram going full Goku on Garfiel was nice to see too, backlash and everything haha.

They handled Emilia and Subaru conversation pretty well, it was more "intimate" than her talk with Rem which was more "flashy".

Excited for the rest of the season now that Emilia is in a better shape to handle her problem.

MusubiKazesaru

I didn't think much of him and his first appearance didn't leave a good impression, but I never really disliked him or liked him. This helped nudge him farther towards me liking him.

Nice Otto flashback. He's really a nice a lovely guy. It was great to see Ram fighting and kicking Garf's butt even if it was for a while. Subaru and Emilia moment completely screwed the episode for me. Subaru's love for her is just contrived. How many times did he say "I love you"? Do not get me wrong, it is not like I dislike Subaru x Emilia ( I do not mind it) but Emilia was going through a very depressing moment and Subaru's reasons were just "because I love you" lol. Poor Emilia she's suffering so much yet Subaru cannot understand her feelings at all.

Foxfoxal

He said I love you so many times because Emilia denied every single one of those, she thought he was lying and she can't trust him because he always breaks her promises.

And I've seen many people missing the point, this was to show Emilia that she has someone who can rely no matter what, even if he sometimes has to lie to her, this is not to solidify them as a "couple" which they are not, Emilia does not love him that way yet.

Emilia was too dependent of Puck and even Roswall wanted to make her super dependent of Subaru, Subaru is trying to put her together making her trust him ( with love being the reason of her trust ) but without making her dependent of him, like he said at the end that she needs to find her own motivation.

Let alone that Subaru has 2 days left, he needs to solve that shit fast.

10 out of 10 for this episode so easily. If I already liked Garf so much. I love him now. He became one of my favs. Subaru vs Garf was great to see! Garf's past and character development was very nice, also his moment with Ram. A pretty good damn ep with good animation and background music.

Donquixote Doflamingo

Master Puppeteer
10 out of 10 for this episode so easily. If I already liked Garf so much. I love him now. He became one of my favs. Subaru vs Garf was great to see! Garf's past and character development was very nice, also his moment with Ram. A pretty good damn ep with good animation and background music.

I agree very well done episode

MusubiKazesaru

It's amazing how Re:zero was able to turn my opinions about two characters I found a bit more meh around so well. It just goes to show how good the writing can be and now it feels like the "prologue" part of this arc has been passed finally and definitively. Subaru also finally used his Unseen Hand for the first time. The uppercut was pretty cool.

Echidna telling Emilia off because Subaru picked her over her :lmao and then Emilia did the Subaru pose and we kind of got to see a slight cocky side to her that we haven't seen before at all.

Donquixote Doflamingo

Master Puppeteer
It's amazing how Re:zero was able to turn my opinions about two characters I found a bit more meh around so well. It just goes to show how good the writing can be and now it feels like the "prologue" part of this arc has been passed finally and definitively. Subaru also finally used his Unseen Hand for the first time. The uppercut was pretty cool.

Echidna telling Emilia off because Subaru picked her over her :lmao and then Emilia did the Subaru pose and we kind of got to see a slight cocky side to her that we haven't seen before at all.
Echidna was big salty :skully

Foxfoxal

Also, near the end when Garf said he caught Subaru when he was getting a little desperate...
Uh
I think the most shocking part of the episode is the HUGE amount of people that thought Garfiel saw Subaru masturbating...

He just saw the writings on the walls when he did the trial.

Foxfoxal

Rewatch the scene bro. It was MEANT to sound that way. Garfiel's smug look, Subaru commenting on how he's "a kid"... Christ.
He is a "kid" meant that Garfiel won't let Subaru forget it, besides it was a translation freedom, he did not meant "I saw you", it was "I saw it"

Foxfoxal

Bro
rewatch the scene
Dude haha I rewatched ( in spanish subs where it makes more sense ) and I read the source material, I know the real context, the desperate part was because he literally covered the entire room.

He literally said that he did not think Garfiel could go there, he meant the trial room and he has zero time to waste to be doing things like that.

I thought Garfiel was talking about the kiss
That is a logical assumption too but Subaru would not make a big drama with that and Garfiel has no reason to look and then go down stairs to wait.

accountmaker

The In Between
Dude haha I rewatched ( in spanish subs where it makes more sense ) and I read the source material, I know the real context, the desperate part was because he literally covered the entire room.

He literally said that he did not think Garfiel could go there, he meant the trial room and he has zero time to waste to be doing things like that.

That is a logical assumption too but Subaru would not make a big drama with that and Garfiel has no reason to look and then go down stairs to wait.
I know what ACTUALLY happened. I'm just saying, in the English translation, and the mannerisms on display, that's what he was implying.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
With each new episode I just love this series more and more. The character development is just so fucking good. I think Garfiel's development in the most recent episode hits all the harder for how we were shown in previous loops glimpses of the genuine kindness he has when he saved Subaru from Satella or when he desperately tried to heal Ram after Roswaal punched a hole through her (I know it had already been shown by that point he had a crush on her, but that's the moment you could really see his feelings for her). That side to his character had always been there, but his trauma and repressed memories just got in the way of it and made him justify his fear as him just wanting to protect the people of the sanctuary from the outside world.

On a side note I just found out that a new videogame is gonna come out for the series and rather than just being a pure visual novel it seems to have some really cool gameplay elements that fit with how Subaru gathers info using RbD. Seeing the increasing quality of the series as the anime's gone on i'm really hyped to get that game now :slamslam

Altace

Sad Stan
I have seen Garfiel's voice actor in lots of roles over the year, but I don't think any of them gave such a heartwarming smile like Garfiel did.

Just felt odd is all.

Top Bottom