1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum [READ OP] Feed the platypus feedback - ROUND 2

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Platypus, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Platypus Advisor

Biannual New Leaf & House of Uzumaki Feedback Thread

It has been more or less 6 months since the previous feedback thread for New Leaf so let's have another session.

Some general questions to get your brains fired up:

⬡ How could we improve the way both sections are being moderated?

⬡ What do you think of the atmosphere/mood?

⬡ How could we improve the sections' visual presentation? What do you think of the prefixes, stickies, opening post formatting, placement on the frontpage, quick links…?

⬡ Would you mind a HoU x NL merge? What are your thoughts on either section's purpose? (Should Naruto Avenue ever be consolidated into Akihabara) What do you think of Akihabara Gallery's current frontpage look?

⬡ Do you have anything in mind to boost activity here such as events, contests, etc.? Would you like Banner, Predictions, Top Section Contributor, Writing (character analyses, lore, etc.), Quickie Edit, Emote,… contests? I'm brimming with ideas but lack the time and motivation to think them through; if you know how best to execute them or want to help, let me know.

⬡ Will someone update the directories with me? :caticon

Note that I won't be answering any general forum feedback/questions that have little to nothing to do with House of Uzumaki and New Leaf this time around. Refer to the forum or your section's local moderators—and feedback threads if there are any—for those.

If you'd like to voice your concerns or suggestions in private, me, @Rinoa, @SoulFire!, @Majin Lu and/or @Blu-ray, or a Staff Conference Room thread. I really encourage you to do so if you have member-related issues.

On a sidenote, staff is currently looking for advisors among the regular members. If you think you have it in you to become a full-fledged NF Advisor, read in Konoha Times.

Don't be shy. The more feedback, the merrier. :catstalk

Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. President Raiden

- I like the idea of merging NL and HoU, even though both sections have very distinct identities.
    -I'd also be down for more contests. Maybe mods can make a poll asking users what kind of contests they would like to participate in (such as those listed in the OP). The idea(s) that receive the most votes would then move on to be implemented. My favorites are lore and poetry.

just my two cents :ruri

EDIT: Hussain :rotfl.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  3. Hussain Well-Known Member

2- Does SS make sense or does it suck balls?
    3- Sasuke cheated on Sakura with Karin theory.

pretty sure those will boost the activity.

No need to thank me...:blobblush

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  4. Wrecked Baloney Ho ho ho!

I have more suggestions!

-Hurt and Heal for a Banner: Boruto vs Sarada Edition
    -"Boruto Sucks!" Thread #14
    -Naruto the Last Isn't Canon: Here's Why
    And last, but not least:
    BoruSara vs BoruMire

Watch this forum get more posts!
    :too fresh

I do want a Naruto day or week or something, tho...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  5. fuff

-how about throwback threads or events to certain naruto big moments?
    -character bday events..maybe the main ones...i pretty sure no one cares about foddlers (minus fu, so include him in this bday event)
    -edit thread-maybe even themed edit this chapter or event?

6. Courier Six Well-Known Member

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    What if we make a Kishi looklalike contest and then have the winner assassinate Kish and take his place without anyone but us knowing. Then we use the Kishi lookalike to essentially takeover the Naruto franchise.

This idea is endorsed by the president of NF.

7. Courier Six Well-Known Member

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    HoU is fucking dead outside of the convo. So I honestly don't see any reason not to merge them.
    Don't think there's anything you can improve there. It looks fine to me tbh and doesn't need anything new.
    Nice try but you're on your own :lbj

8. Platypus Advisor

I will respond to this thread properly tomorrow :naruramen

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  9. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

10. Lillianne von Phoenix ho ho hoe

No one cares about that piece of trash lapdog :kaga

OT: If HoU and NL merge, what's going to happen to the convos? They have different people posting and different "cultures" :catthinks But otherwise I don't mind the merge. I'd also not mind some fun small events that don't require too much dedication (I can't afford that :cattired).

11. Lewd Super Moderator

When this has happened in the past, FC's were made by the people who want to keep their convo culture and the convo's get merged.

• List
  12. fuff

13. President Raiden

I like the HoU merge idea because it could allow more relaxed threads to be in NL. A lot of our threads recently have been people arguing back and forth.

I'm not saying it will solve the problem, but it might at least help a little.

14. fuff

But the convo bread will suffer...hou convo bread moves way too fast

15. Platypus Advisor

• List
  16. Lillianne von Phoenix ho ho hoe

• List
  17. Reviewing Logic (((( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ͜ʖ ͡°) ͡°))))

why not? they are pretty much the same thing

18. Nataly Bulletproof

With the staff currently looking for advisors, I don't think it should be such a big problem moderating both sections. I remember a few users have been bringing up the necessity of more mods for NBD since it seems to be a busier and more heated up section.
    Perhaps, having a specifically assigned mod/user to create new Boruto Chapter and Episode threads, to keep an eye on the discussion in those threads, and to report if anything happens (if a regular user is chosen for that) might take the edge off and can be helpful. From what I've seen, Majin Lu and 123fire (sometimes) take care of creating such threads, but my suggestion is having someone specifically dedicated for the job.
    Naruto discussion sections have always had the tendency to attract trolls and users who simply like to derail threads, at least that has been the case on a few forums I've seen. I doubt it has been that bad lately (not in NL or HoU, at least) or users have learned to ignore trolling behavior and use the report button for what it is supposed to. Overall, the atmosphere of the section is created by its regulars and how they want its face to be represented, so I don't think the mood is that bad.
    When I feel like talking about Naruto once in a while, the atmosphere in discussion threads makes me want to be involved sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. It all depends on the topic and whether the replies are decent.
    Concerning the aesthetics, my reply will solely depend on whether the merge of NL and HoU will happen or not. I'm sure this feedback thread will be left open for a while, but maybe press the issue about merging more seriously if it is such an important project. Create a separate thread just for the merge discussion and make a poll, just an idea.
    Back to the question. There is no need for a lot of stickies on the front page.
    The should be updated with newly added staff and a mention about users utilizing their points in the specific CC thread in case they have any/want to earn any. The in the HoU has a redirectory link, however I think it should be included in the NL Guide as a separate post since more users will notice it there rather than in the HoU. It might be a good idea to go back and update that list too.
    As a regular member, I am unable to use any prefixes when creating a new thread. Was that originally the idea for including the prefixes, does the staff not want members using prefixes for their threads?
    In case the merge happens, I would suggest putting HoU section as a subsection for NL (as in example with Konoha database subsection) since NL gets more activity and the site still wants to pay attention to Naruto and Boruto (from what I understand) and inspire discussions.
    Currently HoU is the only section that has a banner visible on the main page. If the merge happens, the change will create a perfect opportunity for a new contest (with a specific theme nonetheless). Would be interesting.
    I wouldn't mind the merge, and I wouldn't mind if things remain the same for now either.
    Reasons against the merge:
    - HoU and NL have established a certain userbase. Why not keep it the way it is and keep users who frequent NL or HoU happy and less confused
    -Convos. It has been mentioned earlier in this thread the convos will be merged too, but I rather it not happen because there are different discussions, different users posting in convos, different atmosphere all together. I am not saying the users won't adjust. Funny thing, I've noticed NL convo has gained more activity after the 2000th post has been reached, usually it is the other way around. And HoU convo seems to move faster than NL convo in general since I registered on the site.
    -It seems to me HoU attracts certain kind of discussion that I don't see being made in NL

Reasons for the merge:
    -The section numbers will look better if the merge happens
    -Overall more activity expected
    -Easier for moderation purposes
    -New look for the forum.

If sections get merged, I don't see the purpose of putting the whole Naruto Avenue into Akihabara. It would not be the right decision and it is just pointless. Plus I have several issues with the whole Akihabara Gallery in general and I think there should be a way of creating another section or two out of it rather than bringing more into Akihabara District. But that's off topic and up for another discussion. For the merge of HoU and NL, they can still be located in Naruto Avenue together with NBD.
    I like all the ideas for contests, and depending on their topic and response from the public, they can be more frequent or less. For example, Writing contest can be held once in three months based on the response from recent attemp to run a Writing contest in CC. It can be different here since the section is different, but who knows. Speaking of writing, how about a fanfic contest. And many users still want MotM to be back. To counterclaim that wish, how about making a Hall of Fame contest where all the previous winners from MotM get to participate, kind of like a wrap up of the MotM overall. And when voting, users have to make a convincing case and give several reasons for their vote, why this or that member in particular.
    The emote suggestion thread has been up and running; however, Naruto and Boruto related emote contest should still be considered as the next contest for the sections.
    I wish there was more participation for NL and NBD banner contests, but I think part of it was because it was still new for the section, there might not been a lot of those who had the ability to participate. I should have posted a link in CC's GotW just in case some regulars from there had a desire to participate. The contests received enough advertiseement since it was a part of the forum announcement, so a lot of users have seen it. But I also think after the first banner contests, more people will participate since the exposure will be more. That's the case with Alley banner, many users have forgotten to participate and will for sure do that for the enxt time.
    If NL and HoU have a massive background history, a simple trivia game can be made for fun and some prizes for winners and participants.
    What about character popularity contests? They can be made after the New Year, for instance.
    Are there any good candidates for this and have they been contacted to see if they can help?
    What's needed and required to make those updates happen?

19. Indra I can't stop eating

Seems fine to me. Though I wish we could crack down on the derailment side of the forum.

Or "new" members coming in specifically to just derail threads. EX - Kannon

New Leaf is my favorite section :catwalk

1. Boruto Content directory. Click on that for the latest threads of the Manga or Anime respectfully, instead of having to sticky and keep the anime/manga threads for however long.

Though it might be much more work to edit the directory thread and put in new links. Though it would be cool if we could keep a tracklist of every episode/chapter discussion. Food for thought.

2. I don't see the point of the spoiler thread.... OD posts the spoilers on reddit so we don't technically need it.

Other than that I have nothing to add.

:no

Gotta get back to you on this one. I need to think it through as well..

I have some ideas.

I wouldn't mind helping as my classes are ending. Just don't give me a bunch of work cause my procrastination will hit. :ufdup

20. fuff

• List