1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

red pill or blue pill

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by konahaelite, May 25, 2005.

1. konahaelite

In the Matrix the choice was given to either take the red pill or the blue pill.
    The red pill will show the harsh but true reality while the blue pill will continue showing a false but easy to swallow truth. I know people who say they would have taken the blue pill but I do not think I could knowingly accept a lie. What are your views on this?

Tags:
  2. rokkudaime

i would have chosen the blue pill. it would have been easier.

3. Fitey777

for me? blue pill. It's so much easier

4. KUREIGU

i wouldv'e asked which one gets ya high! and made me decision on that... mix both and get some mixed warped view of a reality thats lying to you o.O

5. hachi chan

Cant i take both?? :blink blue pill plz. I like my life, its just getting interesting

6. princesstaco

I wonder what would happen if you took both...

I'd definately take the red pill. I do not wish to be blinded by lies.

7. Sayo

i'll rather take the blue pill, couse i already know im not going to make any difference in the world :noworry

8. Sublime

I'd take the red pill, enter the matrix and start shooting everyone I see... but I'd keep the blue pill in my shirt pocket just in case I run out of ammunition.

9. Devonin

But they'd still know you as having been responsable for your random killings, and come after you, but by taking the blue pill, you'd have no clue why people were suddenly trying to kill you.

10. Sayo

there are no pills outside the matrix, or whatever, u can only choose 1 . ..

11. Sublime

If I could only take one I would choose the blue pill.

12. UltraSynaptic SeizureNinja

I'd take both.

Then I'd die.

...then again, the blue pill sounds like a better choice. It's better to live a lie then be dead.

13. dmby

id stick them up my nose.

14. Khemical

I'd take the red pill, but always stay jacked in! best of both worlds! (without trying to run off with both pills)

15. Gaara-fan

I would take the red pill. I prefer the truth over the lies.

16. tmmyc

Blue pill.

What determines reality anyway? Your 5 senses? Your mind?

What difference does it make? Chicken still takes like chicken in and out of the matrix. Why complicate your life by having robot aliens coming after you as well?

17. aquavit

it doenst make any differences, a human is just a bio-electrial "robot". the "basic" program, that every one is given would be the DNA. though, i'm just a program written by the genes of my father and mother. machines didnt reach that lvl yet. it will take some time, and i think the world follows a "GITS-like" way, human/machine melt/blur together.

anyway, we are given bio-electrical signals by our ear, eyes, and everything else. indeed this could be simulated by a machine as well. we couldnt realize the difference. mh, neo could *lol

btt
    depends on my personal situation in the matrix, if im a poor looser, id take the red one

18. Aldredian_Sahn

Wouldn't it be fun to take the blue pill, but still have the effects of the red pill. That is, in the Matrix they wouldn't have let you go back and live your regular life after you've been released from it. Wouldn't it be fun to go back and still know it was all a lie. Think of all the cool things you could do if you learned the ways of the Matrix. Woohoo!

Did you know that the United States military is working on making prosthetic limbs that act, feel, and sense as if they were real for people who have lost theirs. They've tested them on monkeys and they could control the motions with their minds. Dun dun dun! Pretty freaky, eh?

19. Kalmah

Haven't seen the last 1 >.<

Blue Pill

20. vervex

Red pill for me. If I'd know I'm living in a fake world, I wouldn't want to continue to live that way, even less to forget it. Truth is very important to me... so red pill and sufferance would be my choice ;)

21. Jin

I would take the Red pill i think. I would want to see the true world. I dont think i could live with know everything is a lie.

22. tmmyc

You bring up a good point. The decision is circumstantial. Those who have nothing to lose in the matrix ought to be more willing to take the red pill than those with a lot to lose.

23. konahaelite

C'mon any more takers for the red pill. You would have cool super powers and stuff and then get hunted by strange men in black suits that speak in monotone voices...then get killed...nevermind.

24. illusion

LOL!!

*takes both pills and wakes up in Naruto world* :amazed

25. kireato

That is a hard choice...

In fact, i don't know which pill i'd choose... It's pretty situational as said earlier. Truth isn't exactly the most important thing for me... The most important thing is the enjoy the unique life i have... If i think i can get more out of the matrix, then it'll be the matrix and blue pill. If there was a loved one back in the matrix... I know i'd take the blue pill...

If i had nothing stopping me, than i'd perhaps choose the unknown... I don't really see it as a harsh reality though...

26. Gaara_81

skru the blue and red pills, i'll take the purple pill damnit!!

27. Toby

Split them both in half, mix the contents together and try to understand neither of them have an effect. I think the pills were just ordinary, basic data code, no effect. The reason they use them is to simplify the incredible dive into your future.

But if you insist, I would take the red pill. Reason, you can learn ultimate truths about physics and prove the architect is weak by making rules which can be altered

28. Intrepid

Neither, I want to discover the truth on my own.

29. Saria19

Opinion

This is something based upon free will and opinion. Would you take a painful truth or prefer a beautiful lie.

I would have chosen the red pill, after all, the first step to changing a horrible truth to an acceptable one is knowing what you are fighting against, no matter how painful it is.

30. Putschi

Red Pill. I would be too curious not to try it even when I would regret that for the rest of my life. Though I couldn't be sure if the red one really shows reality but who knows nowadays what's real and what is not?