1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Red Sparowes

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by Buskuv, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Buskuv Retired Staff

Is anyone famaliar with them. I personally love them, but I yet to find anyone in my hometown who knows a shit about Post-Rock, So, I want opinions of the music lovers here.

Do you think they show promise? Or do you think they are just another GY!BE clone? (I don't)

Well, Discuss. :nod

Tags:
  2. jkingler

I am not familiar with them, but if they can even be mentioned alongside GY!BE I am interested in becoming familiarized. :amuse

Could you send out maybe one track (unless you were planning to do an album) to give me an idea of their sound/skill/promise/etc.?

3. Hokage Naruto

They sound interesting send me a few tracks too and I'll lend some feedback for you.

4. Buskuv Retired Staff

Well, I'm sure about an official pimp as of yet. I'm not on the roster yet, and I want at least 1 pimp under my belt before I tackle a band this good. But, I'll upload 2 songs, because I love spreading good music. :amuse

First two tracks on the Album "At the Soundless Dawn"

Alone and Unaware...

Buildings Began To...

The names are rather pretentious, but the band is truly amazing. They do manage to fall into the Post-Rock vein, but do not end up sounding like a GY!BE clone (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Godspeed). They are more akin to what some would call Post-Metal.

Enjoy.:nod

5. Not A Hero

I like these guys. They're one of the more...uhh...metal post-rock bands. I wish I had this on my HD. I think a pimp is in order. : )

6. jkingler

7. mow

I say this with every ounce in my fanboy body riveting with joy; Red Sparowes are bloody awesome. Their exptionally dreary portrayl of the modern world and their anit-industralization music is perfect recepie for setting everything aflame.

No way they are aGYSBE clone. They are far too in your face, much gritter and dont do the build up/climax thing in an extended fashion GSYBE does. though yeah Yanqui U.X.O is probabily their main inspiration, At The Soundless Dawn is a near flawless post rock/metal fusion debut, i'm looking forward to their future works.

EDIT: will pass you a track or two guys :amuse

8. Brother Wayne Kramer

I'm gonna have to agree. Red Sparrowes are pretty friggin fantastic. Just as moving as what the other post rock people are doing, but quite a bit more of an edge.

oh man, this totally reminds me that i need to send some Boris to everyone.

9. mow

^ Feedbacker and Pink are gonna fuck with everyone's head :spaz.

do you have Flood or Dronevil? I'm missing those (along to the OST they did for No Ura)

10. Brother Wayne Kramer

i only have akuma no uta (which has quite possibly the best cover ever) and pink.

11. DragonSlayer

Red Sparowes is awesome. The new album is really good and pretty heavy. I still prefer their debut though.

Oh and everyone must hear Split EP by Red Sparowes and Gregor Samsa. The post-rock thing I posted a while ago had one song by Red Sparowes (and another by Gregor Samsa) which is on the above mentioned EP.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  12. Buskuv Retired Staff

Well, I'm glad everyone seems to have taken well to them. :amuse

About the links, if someone hasn't already put them up, I'll put them up again. I'm at school right now, and Can't get past firewalls. :oh

I do think a pimp is in order, but I would rather someone more experienced do it, as I haven't done any yet.

13. Efraim Longstocking

A live footage of them did it for me. I don't have any record, sadly. I hope you plan a full out pimp? :smile-big