1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Reflections

Discussion in 'Naruto Fanworks' started by Danichi, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Danichi

Spur-of-the-moment. Not my best, but felt like posting it. >< Well...um, it's how I speculated their friendship. Kind of sad, if you think about it in a certain aspect.

~

Yamanaka Ino was used it by now.

Oh, sure, it still hurt like hell, but she was used to it.

Yamanaka Ino thought this was what friendship was, the very core of what bonded the two together in the first place.

Perhaps she thought wrong. Perhaps she was being foolish.

It was still the same, day after day. While she attended the flower shop, her hopeful blue eyes would gaze idly out the window. What she secretly wished was a certain cherry blossom casually pushing past the door with a tiny ring of a bell, greeting Ino with a small smile.

Like she used to.

Since the time gap and when everything just went wrong, Ino would see her favorite pink haired kunoichi often walking past the village of Konoha with the Hokage herself. She'd only catch a glimpse of their backs before they both disappeared.

And Ino would try futilely to pry her gaze off the window, but she found that no matter how hard she tried, her inner self refused to let go of her childhood bond so easily.

She was such a strong, proud kunoichi.

Ino would smile to herself, wondering if this was how friendship lasted. She wondered if she would ever meet that same timid, self conscious little girl who always took refuge within her shadows.

Of course, she was never really interested in Uchiha Sasuke. But for the while, Ino was truly happy. She was happy he could be the subject of their many conversations, that they could gossip and confront each other so naturally.

And Ino missed that.

Even now, after his disappearance, she often silently questioned herself-

Really, was he the only thing that bonded us together?

As much as she wanted to deny it, it was simply how things turned out, Ino mused. Life was too cruel.

She stared with little hope out the window, seeing only the many reflections of childhood memories and those same teal eyes looking up to her. Yes, that little girl had traveled a long way from a bud to a beautiful flower. Ino could not have been much prouder.

And she smiled sadly to herself, knowing she was all but invisible.

Sakura, can you see my tears from your back...?

Tags:
  2. Rotc Girl

cool, I never thought that they might actually be friends.