1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding Luffy's Current Speed

Discussion in 'Meta Battledome' started by TheGloryXros, Mar 3, 2014.

1. TheGloryXros

Alright, so Luffy's currently around Mach 100+, right? Well, I saw a few disputes over some other potential speed feats Luffy's had, and I wanted to just get some clearance on exactly why these speed feats dont work.

First, Luffy kicking Eneru's lightning. I've already seen the calc for this & it came out Supersonic. I was wondering, is the reason why the result's so low because of the lightning not being true lightning? Cuz I thought Eneru's lightning counts as actual lightning, and not fictional unquantifiable lightning. Or is the issue the artificial clouds being too low?

Next, Gear 2nd Luffy dodging the gas explosion by Ceasar. From what I hear, the best quantifiable speed we can get from that is Mach 50, because the gas components are unknown since it's from a magical Devil Fruit...but I thought they already give us the components for Smile's gas?

I'm just wanting some clarification to as to why these two speed feats ended up so short.

Tags:
  2. Nighty the Mighty

gas explosion was thrown out for being bullshit :33

Basically GM assumed that the explosion started 1cm away from him or something along those lines, which was proven to be false.

The lightning kick is slow because the lightning has to cross 2km to get to him, whereas luffy is moving like a couple of metres.

3. Tacocat

The first is low because Brohan calculated it such that Luffy's leg moved a rather small distance relative to the large distance the lightning had to travel.

The second wasn't accepted, IIRC, because it'd be unfeasible for Luffy to escape the explosion while the substance detonated from all sides, as well as several assumptions.

If you found both of these blogs, why didn't you just read them?

4. TheGloryXros

I read only the Eneru lightning calc; I never found the thing about Luffy's explosion dodging, that's just something I tend to see in other forums, Youtube, etc. People like to cite that feat a LOT by now.

I figured that was the reason for the first one; for the 2nd one, I didnt notice that issue; thanks for pointing that out. I didnt remember that he used multiple Slimes. So yea, that makes sense.