1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Relationships: Friends First Or Not

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by Cardboard Tube Knight, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

I have been talking to this girl for a few weeks now and all she seems to think is that its friends first and then relationships. But before this she was not like that, which is part of the reason that she is this way now.

I have really never seen two close friends go into being in a relationship, mostly because women seem to think something will get hurt by it. I was just wondering is there anyone out there who things this is the best way to work. Maybe it would be ideal, but it almost never seems to happen.

Tags:
  2. Pinkaugust I'm Hired

Ehm, let me put it like this. Girls don't become intimite with their best friends because it might hurt their friendship and relationship and they may never be that close again.

I think that girls are stupid, none of them makes real sense.

You say you were dating a close friend? Friends first goes for everyone. That girl might not be right for you, even though it feels that way now, but friends first doesn't mean neglect her, but girls first doesn't mean, be pussywhipped and neglect your friends. It's a dilemma, which always ends in compromise, and what you should do is hang out with your friends, and hang out with your gf, and the one that complains the most is the one who doesn't understand the importance of the other for you, which also means they have no respect for your feelings and therefore is the one/ones you should hang out less with.

3. Finvarra Forgotten Shadow

Etherways if your not friends before you date, well how excaly do you decied to date? Looks, wild guess. luck?

4. Cardboard Tube Knight Chika is god now.

Well you could just meet for coffee and talk, and if you don't like them, go your seperate ways, or just become friends. But girls want to go through all of this friend stuff and become b/f//g/f supposedly. But that's not how it ever works, they just tell you that it would hurt the friendship later.

5. Lord of Mikawa Slow dance with the

That is how things work with females.

6. Red Viking Northern Skald

It just really depends on the situation, really.

Some people say that being friends is the way to go because that way, you have history and have already built up close ties before the two of you even started to date.

But it doesn't always happen that way. Sometimes, it's a spontanious thing due to mutual attraction and then you get to know that person while you're going out. That's how it started between my girlfriend and I. We met, were attracted to each other, and then started officially dating two weeks after we met.

I don't think either one's better then the other. It just depends. Yeah, the friends thing gives you a chance to judge compatability first, but no girl is willing to date their close friends unless you play your cards perfectly and carefully.

The spontanious thing is can be fun due to the unpredictability and there's nothing that says you can't get to know the person while you're dating. However, once the initial feelings wear off, you can find yourself in a relationship with someone you're not interested in. Then again, if you're not willing to take that risk, you could miss out on something wonderful.