1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Remember when the anime used to be good?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by R_Lee86, Sep 29, 2006.

1. R_Lee86 Asshole

I remember barely being able to wait for thursday on wenseday nights. Dattebayo's release was one of the high points of my week. Yes and I realize how sad that sounds. I still get the manga every Thursday but Thursdays in general havent been the same.

Am I alone on this?

Tags:
  2. Almen_e Yondaime

No you're not. I feel the same. The episodes gave adrenalin kicks =D They were so goddamn good. Now i dont care that naruto airs on thursdays. I just watch them to watch them

3. dilbot Active Member

theres more topics on fillers than usual, put your topics in "the big bad filler" topics thread okay? this is hardly a subject we can discuss about as a thread, this is a POST in my eyes...

anyways your not alone, i juust watch naruto to get over it and say that i watched the latest episode, not because im excited.

right now id rather do my homework then watch naruto fillers

4. Blooming Cosmo WE'RE ALL MAD HERE

*rocks back and forth* That was soooo long ago. I mean...the filler right in the beginning with Naruto and Sakura was actually good...and I thought I could bare it...but now it's driving me nuts actually wanting to see them get back to canon. For the time being I'm rewatching some of the really awesome stuff. It makes me feel all tingly inside.

5. FrostXian Messiah With An Attitude

Dream on, those days are gone forever!
    BUAHAHAH!

6. Lomailija troll

I started to watch Naruto during the long filler arc so I haven?t had that feeling when you finally get an episode of canon Naruto after a week wait. But I did watch the anime from start and it was so good. 202 made me really remember how good the animation was (except few episodes?) and I just felt sad looking the present Naruto and Sakura.

7. Snakety69 Ding! Check Please

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. I just watch them cuz they're there. I only get excited for the new chapters now.

8. ☆Indigo☆ totally high on PoT

I'm sad to say I never had that priviledge (sp?)...when I first got into Naruto, they were already into the filler. =(

9. El Torero Spanish La Liga #1 Fan

I don´t remember these days :(

10. poppin123 Member

You're not alone. I used to look forward to it all week as well, now instead of waiting for new eps, i'm waiting for filler to end.

11. MajesticBeast MajesticBeast

I just like 2 say Damn you filler damn you take me !:p

12. Taffer lol wut

Eh ? You want the filler to 'take you' ?

13. dilbot Active Member

he means he wants fillers to take his virginity

14. R_Lee86 Asshole

I agree, the Rescue Sasuke arc was just fantastic. I just loved how they kept on switching back and forth between everyone's fights. For a few weeks there it was just a giant 20 minute battle royale. It was indeed an adrenaline rush.

15. Catterix is a super awesome

I entered Naruto right in the beginning of the Rescue Sasuke arc. I was so lost within it, I forgot all sense of how many episodes I were downloading each week because I wanted them all. I had the first 105 on DVD (Home-Made with Fansubs, but excellent quality with cool covers and designs, so I didn't mind paying ^^) and by the time I finished it was ep 111, I can even remember now downloading that at like 1 in the morning whilst chatting to a school mate, and just feeling so excited as I realised they had entered a new arc.

Ohhh How I miss those days. I still actually look forward to each episode, in sort of "OH, its Wednesday, I'll be able to download Naruto tomorrow." and then "Hey, its Naruto night ^^" and its usually more because I just enjoy it, its so colourful and the acting is so vibrant, it makes me happy! But compared to the excitement I had when watching the Sasuke Rescue Arc (Although some eps like 121 irritated the hell out of me - The only development was Kiba jumping into a river. GAGH!!) it seems so meaningless.

I'm actually gonna have a party with my mates when the fillers end, obviously most of the people won't know why (Who needs a reason to get drunk and dance to moozick?!) but me and my Naruto-buddies will know the reason smile-big

16. Senior_Superboy The Pirate King

I remember when Naruto was way good. Don't get me wrong, I still love it and all. Although, I think it has lost it's ninja touch, you know? Naruto felt more like a ninja show back when Zabuza and Haku were around. Now I don't get that feeling of "ninja" when I watch it. You know what I'm saying?

17. The_4th Himself Gameplay Ambitious

Another filler thread.

Great

Theres another thread dedicated to this topic , you know that right?

18. Senior_Superboy The Pirate King

Deal with it. No matter what you say, filler threads will keep being made because fillers itself, are still being made.

19. IzumoX Member

Yes, I used to love getting the new episodes. But that was a long time ago, I'm used to not downloading it now >.>

20. Hell On Earth Pervy Sage

All of you will all forget this after the fillers stop airing and they get the main story and i would hear u praising it.

21. Jenna Berry 100% juice

I entered Naruto during the fillers:(

Shit, I first heard about Naruto during the fillers.

22. Catterix is a super awesome

Uhm... We know. What exactly did you mean by that? :huh Its because of the fillers we feel Naruto's less exciting, so it does kind of go without saying that we'll think that the canon story is just as good again.

And I don't see what people have against filler threads/threads about theories they already know/threads about information they already know. Alot of people here are really pompous twats at times.

Oh and Naruto definately lost some Ninja quality to it after the Zabuza arc. The whole Zabuza story was what its like to be a Ninja, so it suffices to say that the action would revolve around that. However then it became alot more action orientated and battles became alot grander, losing the whole Ninja style of fighting (to an extent). The Sasuke retrieval arc is a good example of how it changed, there was alot of the enemies facing each other down in duels, using forward attacks and genjutsus rather than leaping around the trees and fighting more... Ninja-ish.

Not that I'm complaining. Still love it.

23. damnhot Member

o god I hate fillers

I want the real Naruto back!!!!

24. XTwistedWindsX //~*Naruto Addict*~//

No you're not. The fillers kinda give you the feeling, eh why should I watch Naruto anymore. I've seen every ep however, but the day that the fillers end, I will be back to obsessing over the days the new eps come out.

25. NaraShikamaru geegeegeegee-dragon. >:|

It still is good, its just not as good with the fillers!

26. kuchiyoseNOjutsu Badass

No dude you're not alone. I have to point out one thing however...Fillers as bad as they are does serve its purpose...To let the manga get ahead. It also gives us hope that we will see part2 animated.

27. Kromagnum Kyuubified!

I can remember staying up late on Wednesday nights to get the torrent as soon as Dattebayo put it up. Those were the good old days...

28. Konoha Leaf Village Hokage

i started downloadin' naruto since the chuunin exam :( i felt like i got the kyuubi in my body

29. Oneironaut Statistics Master

Some of you "started watching Naruto during the fillers?" Are you insane? Every single episode of Naruto is easily procurable on the internet. Every. single. One.

I could understand some people joining the party mid-series if we were watching this on television. After all, carpetbombing rerun sessions are hard to come by. But seeming as everyone here uses the internet for their Ninja fix, why don't newcomers just flip to Episode #1? You'll have to deal with Youtube's craptastic quality after getting sick of bitorrenting so many episodes, but it's better than missing out on the plot of your chosen anime.

Even more disturbing: why would anyone who jumped into Naruto during the fillers keep on watching?

*confused*

Last edited: Sep 30, 2006
  30. dragonbattousai The Lost Jedi

I remember the days when I watched Naruto when I didn't read the Japanese manga and based it all on what the anime had until Naruto reached its first filler arc (The Tea Country Race) and switched to the manga where they were just finishing up the fight between Naruto and Sasuke at The Valley of the End.