1. The NF Anime Awards for 2017 are out! Go check them out here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

    Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Remnants of Roses IC

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Nicodemus, Dec 27, 2014.

  1. Nicodemus Praise the Sun

    Messages:
    7,099
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    391
    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2008
    Reputation:
    Remnants of Roses
    Chapter I: Old World Secrets​

    Wichet is a small town - more a collection of huts, actually, protected by a piecemeal but sturdy old wall. It sits on the southern edge of the Dionfells, scraping by, completely unremarkable in its existence. If asked, a visitor might tell you that Wichet is a nice place, but not exactly somewhere to put down roots, unless you absolutely must.

    For whatever reason, you've found yourself in Wichet, as the sun approaches the middle of the sky on a brisk fall day. A scavenging party is being put together, volunteers and a pair of unlucky conscripts planning to venture out beyond the wall and find anything that might be of use to the town.

    You stand in the town center, just inside the gate. Wichet's market, if it can be called a market, is in full swing, men and women haggling and bartering with each other for basic supplies. A tall, dark haired man with a sword at his hip and a bow on his back escorts two blonde elven girls towards the gate, keeping a watchful eye on their hands.

    The group will be leaving soon, but there's still time, if you have any interest on meeting the people of Wichet, or familiarizing yourself with the people who will soon be your allies.
     
    Tags:
  2. Kuno Unique! Just like you!

    Messages:
    10,401
    Likes Received:
    11
    Trophy Points:
    393
    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2008
    Reputation:
    "Careful, if you stare long enough they might do a trick!" One of the blonde elves laughs and sticks out her tongue at the man while wiggling her fingers near her face. She flicks one hand toward one of his sides then the other and makes sure not to touch him or at least that he can see. Jumping from one side of her sister to the other Ky once again lets out a laugh and begins walking backward.

    Sleight of Hand: To drop his breeches.
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    19,+8
    Total:27 :awesome ((Now watch me fail when I really need it. :lmao))
     
  3. Vergil Busy procrastinating

    Messages:
    13,493
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Reputation:
    Kagami

    Well, she got into the city without too many weird looks but the day is young and there was still lots to do.

    "Alright we're gonna get Wicked in Wichet!" she says to herself.

    Seeing as she was in the town center, she figures that this is a perfect time to make a few copper. Pulling out her guitar she stands on a little box and

    Perform (guitar):
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    11,+8
    Total:19

    "I'm Kagami Tevaga!
    And so begins my epic saga
    I'm a half orc but don't hate
    Better catch a glimpse before its too late
    Lovin this town and all the little huts
    While I'm singin here like I don't give a fuck
    So come one come all and come see
    See the badass rockstar called Kagamiiiiii!!!"
     
  4. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

    Messages:
    6,587
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Reputation:
    The blonde elf with a raven on her shoulder glares at the other one and smacks her upside the head, "Knock it off. We already got in trouble because of your sticky fingers, I don't think pulling down his breeches will get us in better shape, Ky." she growls in harsh elven, snarling while the clockwork bird croaked mockingly. "And you! You get us even deeper into that hole, damned bird." swearing more elven, she closes her eyes then opens them again.

    "Y'know what, we're leaving now anyway." she glances at her sister for a split second before strutting up to him, grabbing him by the back of his collar and pulling his shirt over his head.
     
  5. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

    Messages:
    21,031
    Likes Received:
    101
    Trophy Points:
    768
    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2005
    Reputation:
    A bald gnome rides his pony through the gates as the man and elves approach. He has a strange look in his eyes, as if staring at something not quite there as he looks about the town entrance.

    Hung finds a place to tie down the pony and dismounts, murmuring to it in a low tone before turning to investigate the town he's found himself in.
     
  6. Nicodemus Praise the Sun

    Messages:
    7,099
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    391
    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2008
    Reputation:
    The dark haired man escorting you is the village Sheriff, a man named Anders. He narrows his eyes as you hop around, but ultimately fails to notice you undoing his belt until it's too late.

    "Ey!" He shouts, and for a glorious moment everyone in the town square can see his underwear, which is dirty and tattered, much like the rest of his clothing. He pulls his pants back up and glares at you. "I should be your best friend right now!" He says, refastening his belt. "You'd be owlbear food if it weren't for me! I've giving you a second chance!"

    You approach him, but at this point he's on his guard and won't let you anywhere near him. "You two are clever, I'll give you that, but tricks like this won't help you against what's out there." He gestures at the gate, which is being manned by a teenager still laughing at Ky's antics.

    The villagers give you a wide berth when you begin playing. About halfway through your song, a halfling boy, maybe sixteen, approaches you. He watches you finish the song and throws a dead pheasant at the foot of your box, a mix of confusion and pity on his face.
     
  7. Nicodemus Praise the Sun

    Messages:
    7,099
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    391
    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2008
    Reputation:
    Even by Dionfell standards, Wichet isn't much to look at. A few villagers have laid out their wares on the side of the road, mostly food, although one displays a few potions. A half-orc is screaming incomprehensibly in the middle of the street, with many of the villagers looking on in awe and fear.
     
  8. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

    Messages:
    6,587
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Reputation:
    "This is not the worst situation we have gotten into. You give yourself too much credit Anders, child." she pulls her goggles down to her forehead, the raven preening his feathers with his beak, tiny metal hat on his head.

    Diplomacy
    Roll(1d20)+7:
    18,+7
    Total:25
     
  9. Vergil Busy procrastinating

    Messages:
    13,493
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Reputation:
    Kagami looks at the pheasant with starry eyes.

    "PHEASANT! Rock on little man!"

    Kagami jumps off her box and picks it up. "Promoted from getting tomatoes to poultry! Sweet!"

    She puts the pheasant in her backpack and looks around the town. "Hm - I'm sure I know someone here...who was it again....?"

    ((Friend in every town trait - can you come up with something? XD))
     
  10. P-X 12 State Alchemist

    Messages:
    3,021
    Likes Received:
    49
    Trophy Points:
    228
    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2012
    Reputation:
    Elliot sighed. It had been yesterday when he came here to complete his mission. After stopping on other towns on his way there, he started to wonder if the mission was even doable. He then clutched his pendant and pushed those doubts out of his mind. "Not the time to doubt yourself. I'll find him. I just know it."

    Elliot walked around the city, asking if they saw a group of men with armor that resembled his, and for the location of the mayor/sheriff/high-ranking official. He hears the music of an "orcish-looking" bard. He also noticed a peculiar site: Two elves being escorted by a rather tall man. He decided to try and ask him if he had seen his father.

    That is, before the two girls pantsed him. "Now's probably not a good time...but maybe he might need some help." Elliot walks over to the group, helps the man up, ignoring the twins for the moment and recites the pre-written question. "Hello, I am a guardsman from Somar. I have business with the mayor and/or sheriff of this town. I'm looking for a group of guards that are missing. Have you by any chance seen men wearing armor similar to mine?" He looks towards the twins. "Actually, do you two have any answers to those questions?"
     
  11. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

    Messages:
    6,839
    Likes Received:
    753
    Trophy Points:
    693
    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Reputation:
    A man walks out of the inn, He has an earthy down to earth look to him clothing included, dark blue hair and blue eyes. A constant smile seems to have been implanted in his face. He walks over where Kagami is
    "Did my ears yet concern me? Did I hear someone with a talent for instruments play here? Is this person you my beautiful darling? I would love to hear yet another performance."
     
  12. Nicodemus Praise the Sun

    Messages:
    7,099
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    391
    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2008
    Reputation:
    Anders seems mostly unimpressed with your display, but says nothing. He instead turns his attention to the new arrival.

    "I'm the local Sheriff," Anders says, crossing his arms and looking Elliot up and down. "So I'm the highest authority. There's no mayor, never needed one before and we don't need one now."

    He frowns. "Haven't seen armor like yours ever in my life kid. You're from Somar? Long way from home, aintcha?
     
  13. Vergil Busy procrastinating

    Messages:
    13,493
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Reputation:
    Kagami gives the smiling man a thumbs up and a wider smile.

    "Yeah - I'm pretty freaking awesome and beautiful, not to mention talented and got max points in badassitude. Alright I got a little number, it's called "Don't depantsify the sherrif as the first thing you do in town."

    "Two elven girls rock up to Wichet
    But you could tell they were all a fidget
    Looking for some stuff to do
    So down came the sherrif's pants ; swift and true!
    He pulled them up, red faced and all
    Who could, who would dare have the gall?
    A pair of twins?, am I seeing double?
    But Kagami totally approves of this kinda trouble!"
     
  14. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

    Messages:
    6,839
    Likes Received:
    753
    Trophy Points:
    693
    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Reputation:
    "Haha Verily much amusement from your performance. Such keen observations of the world being used in your works." The bard throws a single gold coin as tribute for the performance it seems he genuinely thinks as such.
    "Tis true trouble can be fun
    Lead to adventure it usually does
    Many allies are tied to a crossing paths. Let us go together.
    And see what story we can weave from this tale of twins and a sheriff."

    Ryuta walks to the sheriff,twins, and strange man in armor.
    "Good day is it not?"
     
  15. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

    Messages:
    6,587
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Reputation:
    The new arrivals get silence from the lighter blonde, and elven slurs thrown around by the Raven. "Mordir, be nice, we're leaving now."
     
  16. Kuno Unique! Just like you!

    Messages:
    10,401
    Likes Received:
    11
    Trophy Points:
    393
    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2008
    Reputation:
    "Ha!" Ky laughs at her own antics and shakes her head. "You need to be more watchful. Sticky fingers will get you every time." She lets out a giggle snort then turns to the new comer. "Oi! Hey! We were having a conversation with the good Sheriff." She crosses her arms and looks him over after admonishing him for interrupting.

    "It might be I have some information for you. What you got in exchange?" Ky drums her fingers on her arm while she waits.

    Bluff:
    Roll(1d20)+5:
    7,+5
    Total:12
     
  17. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    11,410
    Likes Received:
    31
    Trophy Points:
    603
    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2008
    Reputation:
    Through the gates then, came a young man with tanned skin, wearing a prim and proper military uniform, composed of a royal blue, double breasted military jacket reinforced with light chain beneath, stiff white trousers, and thick blue leather boots. Golden silk accents lined the sleeves of the coat, with an embroidered insignia of a Scarab, on the left shoulder. It was a stylized glyph of some strange language. A high collar, and a white cloak. He was fairly tall, and sad proudly in his saddle, glancing around the town square as he paused, holding the rains with a relaxed grip. On his back he had a shield and lance strapped up tight, as well as a backpack. His horse falls into a prancing little trot as he stops to look about the place, taking out a small journal from atop his steed, and then produce a short charcoal stylus, and begins to write, right in the middle of the square.

    "Day 1..."
     
  18. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

    Messages:
    6,587
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Reputation:
    Ky's antics causes Ty to recoil and cover her twin's mouth with her hand. But shakes as she feels a tongue rub against her palm. "GAH! Ewewewew..." she mumbles, pulling her arm back and shaking her hand around, "Yes, yes, we may know a thing or two." she wipes the drooled on hand in Ky's hair.

    Bluff-
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    11,+8
    Total:19
     
  19. Vergil Busy procrastinating

    Messages:
    13,493
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Reputation:
    Kagami scratches her head

    "Dude you use some weird words. I just like..."

    She catches the gold coin.

    "Holy fucking shit! Are you serious?! Are you some rich dude type person? Like, that's the most money I've ever got from a performance!" Kagami holds the gold coin and looks emotional. "I promise I will squander this irresponsibly like all rock stars!"

    At the invitation to check out the commotion, Kagami declines for the time being. "Wanna check out this dude here." she says pointing to the man sitting in the middle of the square, thinking that it was a bizarre thing to do. She walks over and sits next to him.

    "Whatchya doin?" Kagami asks
     
  20. Nicodemus Praise the Sun

    Messages:
    7,099
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    391
    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2008
    Reputation:
    The halfling that gave you a pheasant trails ten or so feet behind you. He seems content to stay out of the action and simply watch you for now.
     
  21. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    11,410
    Likes Received:
    31
    Trophy Points:
    603
    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2008
    Reputation:
    Howl pauses his writing in the journal and verbal monologue to stop and then glance over the side of his horse at Kagami. "...what do you mean? I'm chronicling my adventures. That's what all heroes do."
     
  22. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

    Messages:
    6,839
    Likes Received:
    753
    Trophy Points:
    693
    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Reputation:
    "I forgive my rudeness, I should introduce myself first, I have taken thee for granted. My name is Ryuta Hikari, a traveling bard who wishes to experience this world and it's adventures."

    "What thy maiden's names and escort constable may be?"
     
  23. P-X 12 State Alchemist

    Messages:
    3,021
    Likes Received:
    49
    Trophy Points:
    228
    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2012
    Reputation:
    Elliot sighs after hearing the sheriff's report. "Figures. Thanks anyways." He turns his attention towards the girls.

    Sense Motive:
    1d20+1
    15+1=16

    5+1=6

    Elliot just ignores Ky and and asks Ty "Alright then, what information do you have? Depending on how useful it is, I can pay you."

    "Er, hello." Elliot looks at those two and says "What are your names, anyways?"
     
  24. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

    Messages:
    6,587
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Reputation:
    "Ky and Ty Elenvir, but who is who?" Ty passes glances between them, then tilting her head and pursing her lips in thought. "I believe we saw some people pass through a few days ago, right Mordy?" Mordir bobs his head, giving a simple elven 'yes' response, "I mean, this is just a possibility, they seemed to be fairly rushed, and headed out the gates as promptly as possible."

    Bluff(Dunno if I need another)-
    Roll(1d20)+8:
    18,+8
    Total:26
     
  25. Vergil Busy procrastinating

    Messages:
    13,493
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Reputation:
    "You're a hero? Like a real life one? Oh sweet, can I write songs about you? That'd be badass! I'll call it Hero on a horse!"

    She looks at him and frowns a little, "You don't look like a hero. Are you sure you're one?"
     
  26. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    11,410
    Likes Received:
    31
    Trophy Points:
    603
    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2008
    Reputation:
    "Of course you can write songs about me!" he says, rather ecstatic, and pausing his writing to grin broadly at the half-orc woman. It begins to break down as he realizes she doesn't actually believe him to be a hero, however. "...what does a hero look like, exactly?"

    The young man and his horse, miraculously enough, exchange glances. "Wait, don't answer that one. What do you mean I don't look like a hero? I have my impregnable shield and lance of JUSTICE! Billowing cape," he pinches and indicates his cloak for emphasis, "double breasted military jacket, gold accents. Insignia of my cause." He motions to the stylized scarab glyph on his shoulder. "High collar, gloves, polished boots!" He points to those for good measure as well. "Noble steed." He leans over the side of his horse then to whisper conspiratorially to her. "Though, between you and I, the noble steed bit needs work. The sooner I can ditch this lazy sack of dung and find a Pegasus, the better. You get me?" He winks at her just in time for his horse to buck and send him flying off and onto his back, his cloak landing over his face as he lays there. "Dammit all, Render, we talked about this!"
     
  27. Nicodemus Praise the Sun

    Messages:
    7,099
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    391
    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2008
    Reputation:
    "Alright, alright! Enough of this!" Anders shouts, stepping forward to address the assembled adventurers.

    "For those of you who don't know, my name is Anders," he begins. "I assume you're all here because of the call for a scavenging party, so listen up. Wichet isn't a rich town, but we've put aside some things for people like you. You bring us what we need - weapons, supplies - and we'll reimburse you. Yeah?" He nods. "Also, we've seen the smoke campfires out to the north these past few nights. We need to know if they're raiders, or traders, or whatever. We'll pay for this information as well. Are there any questions?"
     
  28. Kuno Unique! Just like you!

    Messages:
    10,401
    Likes Received:
    11
    Trophy Points:
    393
    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2008
    Reputation:
    "Geeze Cap'n." One of the elves shakes her head. "You didn't need to bring a bunch of strangers 'round. You could have just asked nicely. We woulda helped ya." She gives him a wink and looks around them. "Right, so explorin' the area. Gotcha." Turning toward her sister she shrugs. "Ready Sis?"
     
  29. Vergil Busy procrastinating

    Messages:
    13,493
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    493
    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Reputation:
    Kagami chuckles at the hero as he sits on the ground. She pets the horse "You're not a sack of dung - you are a noble steed, yes you are." She turns to Mr Hero, "My name is Kagami and...."

    It was then that the Sherrif started yelling.

    "Scavenging party?! Ah crap I just saw the word party and high tailed it over here. Well at least I won't be bored."

    "Any sort of dangers out there we should be wary about? Like a river of magma or a high dragon or a creepy house that we should never ever go into?"
     
  30. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

    Messages:
    6,839
    Likes Received:
    753
    Trophy Points:
    693
    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Reputation:
    "So the wish is to rebuild the town by getting money to stream through and to protect it in this process? You have very great dreams constable."
     
Loading...