1. img
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries: February 29th by 12:00pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Valentines Event!
    Click here to cast your vote for your favorite couple!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Bounced e-Mails Issue

Some accounts cannot post in NF anymore due to an e-mail related issue!
    If you are among those members, please, check this thread for more information about how to proceed!
    Or create a support ticket by going here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ren compared to season 1

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of February 2014' started by Manchester Black, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Manchester Black

I know Ren is still a few episodes away from completion, but so far how is every ones feelings for it compared to the first season? Are you enjoying it just as much, like it better, etc.

Tags:
  2. Revan21

IMHO, it's much weaker than the first season. There's no real progress in the character development or their relations with each other that would last more than a single episode,
    Up until now the majority of the episodes can be considered as comedic fillers, and yet even the comedy is weaker than it was in the first season.

It's still entertaining to watch, but hardly as interesting or funny as it was before.

3. Roman

Flag:
    United States
    Catdank Faction:

Having just caught up, I can agree with the above. This season is generally a lot weaker than the first season and relying a lot more heavily on running gags than anything. The story between Yuuta and Shichimiya had a lot of potential but that was downplayed pretty heavily.

4. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Comedy has so far been weaker then the first season, if the drama is handled better in season 2, it will probably surpass season 1 overall.

5. Golden Witch

The overall plot in season 2 seems to be Rikka trying to find the Dark Flame Dragon, and those 2 trying to be more of a couple which is weaker than season 1 ethereal horizon plot and trying to be normal.

It seems like it can't be helped unless Yuuta has a darker past which needs to be explored. I also would like the side characters to be explored more as well.

Either way I'm still enjoying this season alot.

This too.

7. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

What I enjoyed most of the first season were those super embarrassing moments where you couldn't help but feel super embarrassed for any and all involved. Ren has delivered in that aspect, and with this last episode, exceeded the first.

Does indeed lack Toka something fierce.