1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Renji (Bleach character) 3d Model project =)

Discussion in 'Art Lounge' started by Sir_Light, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Sir_Light New Member

I've been working on this guy for about a week now, here's a screenshot of my most recent update. He's from the anime "Bleach".. =)

I think i'm basically done with the model itself now.. i need to do textures still, but i'll have to read up and possibly toy with it for a while cuz i've never done it, and I wanna get it right ^^

Later i'll make his Zanpakutou (sword) and clothing as well =)

Please let me know what you think, or if you see stuff clearly wrong with him...

Trying to keep him semi low poly count cause I do have intentions of animating him later =)

For previous and up to date screenshots etc of what i've done check here

Tags:
  2. Xenophobia Brillent...but Lazy..very Lazy

nice, cant wait to see the finish product

3. Skoemie Sandaime Skoemie

I can't see your screenshot (or is it a rendering) of your project...

What program are you working with... Maya, Max or another one?

4. Sir_Light New Member

Max, hit refresh maybe?

5. UchinaMajeh Goulet!

It's really good and the mouth does make me think of Renji

6. Pat plixx klixx

Nice :D Keep it up :D

get it done and show it too us :)

7. cinosweiv The Half Blood Bleach

Wow, looks very interesting and promising.
    The lips looks very Renji-ish.
    Can't wait to see the final touch...
    Post them here if you finish please:)

8. Crowe inactive - most of the time

Nice you made the 'renji chin' almost perfectly but his chest seems weird.

9. Sir_Light New Member

Yea, i fixed his chest/arms/eyes a bit, i'll show ya later when i get more done =)

10. cinosweiv The Half Blood Bleach

One more question, are you also making all his tatoos?
    It seems to be quite tough.

11. Sir_Light New Member

After a bunch of touch ups, reworked the back & chest a bit as well as many other fixes here and there with the edges/vertices etc.

Here's a test render of renji 3 lights & w/out mapping/textures + a simple skin shader applied..

Gonna start work on mapping him w/tattoo's then i'll head on over to the clothing department I guess.. =P

12. BlackBeret L337

Eugh...I so ticked off with programs like Maya and 3Ds Max. There so hard to use and understand. Though I'm taking a Graphics class(college level) and eventually I hope to learn how to work the stupid programs. Anyways nice work. However give him some more chest in the front hes flat. He also got some major curves going on. Widen his waist out. I would get some pitures of anatomy if I where you.

13. cinosweiv The Half Blood Bleach

I don't know much about garphics, however it looks convincing for me.
    Can;t wait to see the final result

14. Jh1stgen Active Member

Looks very promising ... keep it up ^^

15. Sir_Light New Member

After spending a good portion of the day learning about uv mapping etc and some more skin shader stuff I started to work some more =P

Did a bunch of tweaking to the body/head etc then started working on a tattoo for his forhead, came out pretty nice i think, even though i might have to remap it which is a pain right now, and i'm too tired to redo it right now =P tomorrow maybe.

16. Mohanddo Damn You Sasuke !

eeh good but i think you should release the thing sooner . i cant wait

17. Sir_Light New Member

release it already? lol.. is that a joke? i'm just learning how to do this, and it's ALOT of work to do something like this lol..

18. Sir_Light New Member

After doing a bunch of research and quite a bit of time messing around trying to figure out how to duplicate the neck materials then invert the uvw map and THEN figure out how to get them to line up properly.. which i ended up splitting the neck into two sides right and left and using planar selection instead of cylindrical for the gizmo it finally came together =P The tattoo's are actually imbedded into the skin material itself, so it looks somewhat decent ^^

Anyway, here's a couple updated pics.. I still have alot of detailing to do to make him look more like Renji, and if you see things that simply look way off from the anime character himself let me know =)

Hopefully gonna finalize the model soon to something that i can say i'm satisfied with and then start w/the clothing.. Only had max for a little over a week now, so i generally spend alot of time researching rather than workin on the model =(

19. Xenophobia Brillent...but Lazy..very Lazy

cant wait for the finish product

20. Sir_Light New Member

For those of you interested in this.. just a bit of a heads up--

I've been hunting the past 3 weeks or so and when I havn't been i've been looking into some colleges etc and working on a bunch of various stuff, Sorry I havn't had an update >.<!

I've been completly redoing his body to add a serious ammount of more detail, and i'm even thinking of bringing it into zbrush and adding some nice muscular tones, but i'm not sure if I want to or not yet because if I do it's going to be kindof a pain to work with if I decide to animate him..

Anyway, I should have an update by the end of next weekend with re-done skin and tattoo's hopefully and alot more detail =)

I've been toying with his hair alot, and i'm trying to figure out how to get it look really nice like they did with Cloud's hair on FF7 AC movie, that'ld be perfect for his hair imo with the clumping the way they had it =P Gonna take some time messing around to figure out how to get it to look nice like that though.

Sorry it's slow, i'm learning as I go on this heh..

-Light

21. ichinii30 Member

It's great! :thumbs
    The only thing is that the waist looks too thin...

22. xpeed 案山子

No wonder this thread looked familiar, you posted it in anime-source forum as well. :D Anyways, great work, can't wait to see the finished work.

23. Sir_Light New Member

Alright, I said this weekend, havn't got as much done as I'ld have liked because i've been playing with the hair system in 3ds max quite a bit latly and the renders on some of them (depending on your hair settings) just take forever =P

Anyway, here's a bit of an update, i worked on almost everything adding alot of detail while still trying to keep it all to 4 sided poly's.. I still need to do the back and legs before i'm going to start working on his clothes, but hopefully soon. I've been really busy latly and as this is just something I do when i'm not busy it isn't getting done as fast as i'ld like. But we're getting there slowly ^^

Anyway, feel free to C & C it, i'll try to take what you've got into consideration. I don't want to spend too much more time on the body itself because it's just going to be covered up most of the time by his clothing anyway.. But it seems the more and more I work on it the more I seem to come across things that just don't look proper =(

Enjoy, and thx for lookin~

24. Hyuuga RoseSignet Bird of Prey

That's incredible. How many hours has it taken you to get this far?

25. Sir_Light New Member

ehh, a bunch, this is the first thing i've ever modeled w/3ds max, so i'm just learning as I go, most of the time is actually spent learning to use the tools etc of max, rather than actually modeling =)

26. Sir_Light New Member

Alright, time for an update.. I've been playing Silkroad Online latly, so once again... it's been cutting into my design time latly.. But anyway, lemme know whatcha think...

I've still got some things to work on, but i'm probably going to move into clothing/rigging him now and i'll work on fine detail later. Though if anyone see's anything that looks weird/offset or something, feel free to express ^^

In this update i tweaked all sorts of stuff, but mainly his legs and got the rest of his tattoo's mapped out properly. (maybe not perfect, but close) =)

Anyway, hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

-Light

27. Sir_Light New Member

Okay well, the more i've begun to get pretty serious about this guy, the more I find I've got a long way to go before I can really start to make progress with 3d modeling..

I was going to start working on some clothing, but instead of just modeling it on him i was going to use the cloth system in max and then simulate the animations with it that way later hopefully it'll look better. I got about 1/4th of the way though rigging this guy, and I realized that i'm not really satisfied with him yet. So.. I started working on some more detailed body parts that will hopefully move better than something cheesy..

I started on the feet and hands, i'm going to work my way though his legs and hands, chest, and then really try to get some nice detail in his head.

After all this i'll rig him then start playing with the cloth system some more.. Sorry if anyone was getting excited to see what clothing/weapons will look like, but if i'm going to go all the way with this character i wanna do it right ^^

I'm still quite a noob at this, and more than 75% of the time I spend working on it is actually just learning how to do stuff rather than sculpting etc right now =P

Anyway, here are some Before & After quick renders of the new hands and feet...

28. Lacus Clyne So Long and Goodnight

Lookin' good. The tattoos are expecially kick ass!

29. RealaMoreno H?herer Krieger

Oooo yay another 3d animator/modeler! I can't wait for the final product.

30. Memnoch The Cat

Wow this looks like a crazy amount of work! Coming together though! Congrats and keep us updated ..