1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Renji vs. Soi Fong (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Bass, Jul 31, 2005.

Abarai Renji VS Soi Fong

1. Abarai Renji

11 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Soi Fong

102 vote(s)
    90.3%
  1. Bass

Who will win?

I'd say Soi Fong because she's a captain and her speed is amazing. Plus, her hornet mark is deadly.

But Renji is no chump, his Ban Kai has great defensive skills and it can go offensive in the blink of an eye.

Tags:
  2. Caustic

Renji has yet to show any signs of being nearly fast to evade Soi Fong's Hornet. He'd be dead in 2-5 Flash Steps, despite his Ban Kai's power.

I don't believe we've seen Fong's Ban Kai yet, but she'd still dominate a good majority of the other captains, judging by her speed.

3. Code

I don't think Renji can win this. Soi Fong is probably one of the fastest captain if not the fastest (aside from Yamamoto) in the Gotei 13. Even more so than Byakuya. And well she only needs to touch an area of the body twice and the opponent dies... and I'm thiking she's quick enough to do that. She also as her other moves such as the little summoning thing...

4. Potentialflip

I love Renji cause he is cool and all. But I have to say I love Soi Fong more cause heck I like her type. So yeah going with Soi Fong because of what people above have mentioned. Renji is captain level now with the fact he could do Ban Kai. It is just Soi Fong has been captain and has more experience than Renji and I guess has more arsenal up her sleeve that we know of that give her the advantage. This is just going by what we know of. Of course in reality we have no freaking clue.

5. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

There you go.

6. TenshiOni

As stated, Soi Fong is probably the fastest captain under Yamamoto. And all she needs is to simply touch someone in the same place twice and they die. She didn't even use Ban Kai vs. Yoruichi....

Soi Fong, easily.

7. Khemical

As much as I would like Renji to win he just doesnt stand a chance (will he EVER win a fight?!). He would never be able to hit Soi Fong sadly

8. endgame

This is a strange match-up. :blink

Oh well, Soi Fong it is. She is a captain.

9. kknaruto24

i would want renji to win but soi fong is a captain and very fast

10. The 21st Hokage

Renji all the way if he can unleash his Ban-Kai and use it to defend against her speed and counter but if Renji is gonna win it he's gonna have to play defensively.

11. Code

I doubt he can defend much given Soi Fong's speed... and she can always do her little Executive Militia summoning thing to increase the numbers and give her an opening if Renji's bankai does cause trouble (which I seriously doubt). And I don't see Renji landing a hit in the near future.

12. Hef

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Soi Fong it is. :amuse

13. cinosweiv

Soi Fong will win, she is fast and deadly.

Can anyone confirm where do Soi Fong learn the butterfly mark technique?
    Yorouchi does not seem to be able to use that technique.
    Is it the one she learnt from her ancestor?

14. Hef

That is her shikai. :noworry

15. Rice Ball

With would be about speed :(
    being able to match Yorouchi etc. Soi Fong would take this with ease, just strike him twice in the same area in one attack, she'd end it real fast.

16. superman_1

gonna have to say soi fong...she has great speed beside other captain such as old man yama...... plus her shikai is also very deadly as well.... so combining her shikai and her speed gives her the advantage and renji would be dead before he even gets a chance to release bankai.... poor renji....even though he is one of my fav. character he is gonna lose....

17. DevilB0i

WTF this is the stupidest fight ever who cares if Renji acheive ban kai he still cant controll it 100% and soi fong will kill renji in a flash!

18. Malthara

Soi Fong = 2 hit kill + hyperspeed.. she almost took out yoruichi and would have if she didn't up it to the next level and just kept going out moving her and cutting her with her shikai. Probably could've taken her if she didn't have the emotional break down. She's incharge of of the militia and assassination [punishment] whatever squad. She'd own Renji, 2 stabs he's gone.

19. smackmyface

Soi Fong is the clear winner here. No doubt about it.

20. Hatsune Miku

Soi Fong. Her speed is almost like Kenshin's.

21. Kawaii-Chin

soi fong would win speed could beat power any day

22. keese

This fight is one of the more ridiculous ones I've seen here. Soi Fong has not released her bankai, she only used a beginner version of Flashcry and that kidou is probably enough to disrupt Renji's bankai and cause him to be struck twice by Soi Fong's shikai.

23. Ryurin

I agree Renji doesn't have a chance.

24. rocklee1234

i think renji could actually pull this one off. speed is great and all but if renji start ont with hihuo zabimaru tightly coiled around his body.(im talking like not a enough room at all to allow another body) and then like have the snake head right above him. he just constantly shoot baboon cannons. honestly i dont care how fast you are if some one constantly shoots off huge energy blasts with a wide splash raduis you cant hide from that. plus she would not be able to get inside the zabimaru cacoon to strike renji. i can see renji really pulling this one off if he doesnt act stupid and stays with this strategy.

25. RockLee

Can Lee beat Chouji?

26. Parell

Renji would win if she didn;t go bankai because she would never be able to get a hit on him because of his massive bankai while he would just swing it around and eventually get her. If her bankai is good/great she probably beats Renji but if Renji trains more and gets some new moves and/or she has a pretty bad bankai would win.

27. keese

Um, Soi Fong has comparable speed to Byakuya, how can I say this? She caught the god of flash herself. Okay wait, oh no she must be faster than byakuya because she kept up with yourichi WITHOUT ICHIGO ON HER BACK. Something Byakuya couldn't do, and Renji's bankai couldn't even keep up with him. Renji's bankai is SLOW. Sorry, okay do you see what happens when you have a big slow bankai vs faster opponent? Do me a favor watch Mayuri and Ishida again, watch Renji and Byakuya again. The Renji Byakuya match would simply happen again..poor guy better hope Unohana is there to fix his constantly losing ass. Luckily the 4th captain has godly healing abilities to bring people back from the brink of death...because be assured Byakuya can him twice, so can Soi Fong. And you don't want Soi Fong to land two hits.

Spoiler:

Massive bankai? Use it as a shield? Please. Soi Fong is a captain even the movement of her HAIR is strong. Renji might be able to beat...actually I don't know of a captain he can manage to beat. Seriously though, what kind of prowess have you seen from Renji? He's overrated, he always loses. His first win was beating that non-espada Arancarr.

Why not try putting him in a fair fight, you seem like you like Renji...stop sending him to his death.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  28. keese

By the way, what kind of argument is "if blah blah blah trains more" who cares? We're talking about what we already know duh...it's already hard enough to measure -some- of these fights enough without throwing in the potential to gain new abilities and whatnot. If Soi Fong trains more her Flashcry is going to smash Renji's bankai open, how about that? If Maki the moustache (Zaraki's squad's comedic relief guy) trains more he can gain bankai!!! WHO CARES KRILLIN. Go eat a senzu bean.

29. Reik

I lawled... too funny.

With enough distance between them she could dodge them using half her speed. I'm pretty sure he'll be drained first in that case. After all a formation like that is not mobile... at all. If she wanted to end this fast she could always pull that trick naruto did vs neji and dive underground.

30. rocklee1234

i still think if renji fights this defensively he can pull this one of. he has the most durable bankai we have seen so far in the series.its not that far out of reach. i honestly think that soi fong is the over rated one here. everyone knows and admits renji get his butt raped more than a three dollar hooker. im a huge fan and i say that. but i still say its possible if he sticks with that strategy.