1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Renji vs. Unohana

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Insipidipity, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Insipidipity

Renji is still new with his bankai while Unohana is more of a healer type yet fearsome and has her own Bankai.

Who would win?

Tags:
  2. Hef

Well... I really like Renji but I have a feeling Unohana is stronger than him. I mean, her shikai alone is huge (yeah I know, size isn't everything (XD) as shown by Ichigo's bankai), what could her bankai be like? And she's been a captain for quite a while. And her zanpakutou in its normal form is one of the biggest ones in SS, so that also makes me think she's not only a great healer, but a fighter as well. So yeah, I'd like to believe Unohana would win.

Or then it's just my bias towards women. XD

3. Scared Link

I have a feeling Unohana would win this one. Yes, she is the captain of the 4th division but she is wiser. She also had such a huge shikai in the Manga/anime. She had to have more experience than Renji. Renji did perform Bankai, which is good for a vice-captain, however it is uncompleted. Yes, Unohana is really ugly but who cares? She probably is wiser and strong. Even though she did get scared of Soin Fon and Ichigo...

4. pakku

We don't know enough of her fighting abilities... or if she has any useful offensive techniques at all. I'm going with Renji due to lack of information on Unohana's side.

In Starcraft terms, an average marine > 9999 HP medic in a 1v1 fight.

5. AbaraiRenji

gonna have to go with pakku on this one. Due soley to lack of information Renji has to win by default. There's a great chance she is stronger than him, we already know she has more experience than him but i still gotta go with him. We need more info first.

6. Insipidipity

Psh...perhaps you've never learned the power of 100000 Optical flares.

Well even though we don't know her fighting abilities, I think being rammed with that Stingray should hurt enough on its own, let alone any extra abilities.

7. Chamcham Trigger

I think Unohana may have more skills than just healing. A sword is made for cutting and she must've refined those skills to a respectable level in order to become a captain.

8. Bass

Unohana will kick Renji's ass, heal him, and then kick his ass again.

Seriously, she's just that badass.

9. Inactive kawaii

Uhohana-taichou > Renji, in terms of rank alone. There is a huge power discrepancy between vice captain and captain. Yes, we have no idea what said captain is capable of doing, but I bet her bankai is a doozie. Even though Renji has achieved bankai (or has he?), Unohana-taichou has been honing her powers as 4th Division Captain for decades. Hopefully, we'll see the full extent of her abilities in the near future.

10. Code

Going by the Laws of Logic governing the Bleach world. Renji will lose this battle.

11. pakku

Haha, the big bad stingray made of heal jelly? Renji's uber dragon bankai could take him. But then again, I totally forgot the law Code mentioned just now, which the latest chapter has reminded me of. Being Renji = automatic loss. Unohana wins. Hell, even Hanatarou could win against Renji the king jobber.

12. Isshin

Unahana saved Renji's life once, Renji would be polite enough to drop his sword and declare his defeat. Actually he would be defeated anyway, It is Renji's fate unfortunately :( I wonder ?f that huge creature of unohana can eat Renji.

13. Wrath

Exactly. Renji's BANKAI could take Unohana's SHIKAI. Her Bankai, that's a whole other matter entirely. (And on a side note, anyone who thinks the giant flying monster doesn't have offensive capabilities is deluding themselves)

14. Marsala

Are you referring to the "Captain beats Vice Captain" rule, or the "Renji always loses no matter what" rule?

Poor Renji.
    Spoiler: Recent manga spoilers
    You know the writer hates you when you get your butt kicked by an Arrancar two spots below the guy Ikkaku beat and just one spot above the Arrancar Rukia annihilated. To say nothing of being shown up by a little girl.

15. zuhair

dooo...renji totally tiump to unohana...she's a vaterant u cant just take her..out just like that..renjis still new..he's a new pussy also

16. Insipidipity

17. Lemon-Juice

Spoiler:

Lol; so true

18. chakra25

I have a feeling that Unohana will win. As Byakuya pointed out, just achieving bankai in days is useless. It takes ten years for a normal person to reach bankai and it takes years of experience to master your bankai. I'm sure Unohana having to be a captain for so long, mastered her bankai. Renji just has a few days experience of using his bankai. Unohana has way more experience and probably knows alot of medical type of magic.

19. FitzChivalry

Fighting? I'd say Renji. Unohana's a Captain, but of a medical squad not known for fighting. That leads me to question her fighting abilities somewhat.

20. AmenoKitarou

i got a feeling that in the 4th division....Unohana-taichou and Vice captain- Isane are the unique exceptions...as in they're the only ones not weak...?

I tend to consider Unohana on the par with the other captains...she jus looks thta much nicer and weaker...

I think Unohana wins because of experience in battle both as a medic and other things, u'll really have to have captain level fighting skills and Bankai to become a captain. And Unohana's experience with her Bankai put her in front of Renji who only got it for days....