1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Voting is live in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Polls close Thursday, September the 19th at 10:05pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

requirements for the rasengan

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by kasai_uzumaki, May 30, 2007.

1. kasai_uzumaki

So everybody reads that Naruto's rasengan requires that he have a shadow clone helping him out right? Well when I was reading the Search for Tsunade arc I noticed that he didn't need the clone to create the rasengan. The only reason he needed the clone was because one of his hands were busy grabing Kabuto, otherwise he had already made a rasengan by himself.

conclusion
    Naruto can make rasengan without shadow clones and that means that the RasenShuriken should only require one clone.

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet and if they have I apologizes for wasting a minute of your life.

Tags:
  2. Trollzilla

Well, Naruto was having truoble performing Rasengan with one body because he couldn't maintain the chakra very well with one body. He found that he can do it really well with two bodies though (one concentrates the chakra, the other shapes it and maintains it). Rasenshuriken is more complicated than the normal Rasengan. Naruto still can't do it with one body so he needs three bodies (one to concentrate and give off the chakra, one to add in the wind chakra, and one to maintain it and shape it).

Rasenshuriken could probably be performed with one body, but Naruto can't even perform the Rasengan very well with one body, so he'll stick with using Kage Bunshins for help.

4. Nuzents

he can make it with one hand at that point, but he also said after he was finish training in the woods that I hope i get it right in front of her tomorrow, meaning he fucks up sometimes with one hand. Its probably a lot easier for him with a clone, since hes not the person we know for concentration.

Also, during the Kakazu (forgot spelling) fight, he smuggly said, I will need 3 clones for him, so he knows how many clones he needs against a person. Its may not be set on 3, but he know how many he will need, to say he only requires x many wouldn't be right.

edit. Though Naruto could spend a few days training with Yamato to fix those problems. Spend like half a day getting one handed rasengan down with kb training.

Spend the next few improving his other areas. Thing is, Naruto is known for kb, so Kishi will stick with it

5. orange-kun

for once i would like to see him learning a new goddamn jutsu which doesnt need any clones or tactics~
    rasengan bores me..

6. Shidoshi

Naruto never needed a clone, he just needed his/a second hand in order to actually manipulate the "form" of the chakra. The reason he used a clone is to not occupy both his hands, and when he did it against Kabuto, one of his hands were already occupied, so he had no choice but to use a clone to actually make one, since he lacks the control to be able to do it like the other users.

7. Godammit

Part 2 he could do it alone but prefers Kage bunshin since hes addicted to it.
    Rasenshuriken is not as Rasengan

8. Jashin-sama

His chakra control might be a bit better , but I still think he'd need the clones

9. jariroth

He lacks the concentration of holding it in shape and making it spin at the same time. Kagebunshin divides the jobs needed so he doesnt need to concentrate as much. But he probably could do it with one hand if i really wanted to...

10. SaiST Retired Staff

The Rasengan he unsuccessfully used on Kabuto beforehand was not completed, he did not finish the 3rd step. The one he used a Kage Bunshin for was complete.

Naruto did not need a Kage Bunshin to form a Rasengan in Part 1, however. In Chapter 200, against Sakon, one of his Kage Bunshin formed a Rasengan with two hands, by it's lonesome. While it did not land successfully, it was completed.

So, you're right; Naruto can indeed make a Rasengan without Kage Bunshin(although he still requires both of his hands to do the job, and it's possible that it takes longer to complete). You just used the wrong example.

There's been nothing in this manga to suggest that is the case. We've never seen him form a Rasengan without the aide of a Kage Bunshin in Part 2 thus far. Not even in Chapter 258, against Itachi--the technique was already complete, Naruto was attacking with it. It was formed off-panel, just as the Fuuton: Rasengan was in Chapter 337.

I suspect that once Naruto is capable of kneading a Rasengan with one hand as easily as Jiraiya, he'll go back to using a single Kage Bunshin to form his wind-natured variants.

He fucked it up all the time before the one he landed on Kabuto. That was the first Rasengan he completed.

It was already established that he needed two Kage Bunshin to complete the Fuuton: Rasengan, and Rasenshuriken. He needed that number of clones in that specific scenario so he could successfully deliver the attack, but two of them were still required to form the technique beforehand.

11. kasai_uzumaki

12. ZiBi21

Naruto can perform rasengan with 1hand butwith a clone is 2x faster then doing it 1hand (besides why to lose time why he have chakra to make 1000clones ^^) , well if someone has low chakra he cant even perform rasengan, medium chakra users can make 1-2 max 3 kage bunshins so they have to use 1hand becous its a big loose in their chakra

Well other problem at narutos casise is that in his body are still mixing 2chakras (his own and kyubis) together so its little unstable (like said Ebitsu in part1 "water walking training if i remember" ) and for that reason he have to mold chakra longer with more focusing at it so its harder to make rasengan by him self (rasengan needs 100% concentration , so if he looses even 5% by focusing at molding chakras together and the rest he gives to rasengan then its 95% so its hard to hold it, so he uses a clone to take care of shape manipulation on 100% and orginal is focusing at molding and relasing chkra into rasengan ) , the RS is lot harder ( 1clone -shape, 2clone-nature manipulation,3orginal relases chakra and is tryingto hold it together)

Well naruto can make rasengan 1handed but why to waste time if you could have 2x faster with 100% of succes ^^ besides Narutos own chakra can make at least 100 clones and with kyubis chakra 1000clones so what a difference if he uses 1clone (so he has 999 left)

well there are 3 rasengan cases
    - rasengan (1clone/hand and performing needs only 1person)
    -odama rasengan (1clone+orginal/2clones - performing needs 2persons)
    -RS (2clones+org./3clones - performing attack 1person)

hehe maybe we will see odama RS XD by using 3clones+org/4clones and performing 2peopel like odama (RS had power at 50% so maybe 1more clone for more nature manipulation so he could add another 50% and at the result 100% RS XD )

13. Nois

Anyone noticed that Naruto's hax KB training prowides him with more brain power? xD

it's like this

Kakashi: focus Naruto

*does tKB into 2000 narutos*

Naruto: bring it one
    Kakashi: 2 + 2 = 4

Some Random KB Among Them: i get it now

*dispels*

Naruto: ye it's obvious...

xD

14. Spencer_Gator

yea he doesn't need clones, cept for his killer training

15. AbnormallyNormal

well its obvious there is no need for a clone to perform rasengan naruto initially uses them as a crutch to help him but i think he got to the stage where he no longer needed one, jiraiya never needed it

16. jhin22

i think he can do it with one hand now its just harder bcoz of his chakra mixing w/ the kyuubi.

17. AbnormallyNormal

no its not due to kyuubi chakra mixing, its just due to his "unique" mindset and lack of discipline

18. yes naruto can perform rasengan single handedly but he preferes a clone which is wast of chakara from my point of view . naruto has unlimited chakara as it is now so that's no problem. we see his use rasengan with one hand against itachi but he was caught in a genjutsu . (shippuden episode 14 i belive) . he made rasengan with one hand but used it on the air because he thought he used it agaist itachi but it was a fake clone because but he was in a genjutsu

19. AbnormallyNormal

its probably still his instinct to do it with a clone helper, but if he focuses he can do it one handed now

20. moridinamael

As someone sort of mentioned - why doesn't he just devote one more day to tKB training, perfecting his rasengan and all its variants? Then after that maybe spending the next month or two gaining mastery of the remaining four elements? Then learning each and every one of Kakashi's 1000 jutsu?

21. PDQ

True, this was pretty much what Kabuto and Tsunade recognized as the value of the KB
    I don't see how you can determine it was completed when
    1. It didn't land
    2. It was a decoy
    Well technically he did form it in 232(although it was under different circumstances)

As far as we've seen, he needs two hands without the Kyubi chakra surrounding him

22. spaZ

Didnt it take yodamine like 5 years or something just to use the rasangan with just one hand? I don't think naruto has that much time to just use it with one hand when he can use his clones

23. SaiST Retired Staff

It took Yondaime three years to develop the Rasengan.

It didn't have to land to know it was the real thing. We saw the chakra kneading in the previous panels, Sakon even commented on it, And we saw it completely spherical and contained(indicating the completion of the 3rd step) when Naruto attacked with it.

I wouldn't exactly say it was a decoy, Shikamaru laid out a multi-step plan there. If Naruto expected his Rasengan to be stopped, then I doubt he would have been so surprised. The point of that exchange with Sakon was to get him out of the way, either by blasting him away with the Rasengan, or forcing him to move with Kiba's offensive.

I usually don't bring that up, because people tend to misinterpret it. As if Naruto should be able to easily knead a one-handed Rasengan because he did it in a state where using that level of chakra control should be more difficult for him.

I believe(and I'm assuming you share this belief) that the chakra shroud did the job that is usually assigned to Naruto's Kage Bunshin in the formation of that particular Rasengan.

24. ~ Son of SPARDA ~

It would be nice if Naruto could finally start performing Rasengan with only one hand because it would stop making him look like such an amateur at performing it. So if he really can do it with just one hand I strongly hope he starts doing that and leaving the kage bunshins out of it if he really doesn't need them.

25. Kuroro

I see no reason why Naruto could perform a Rasengan one-handed by himself, but the concentration required for such a feat would be a massive mental strain, which is why Naruto prefers KB since it makes the job far less taxing. An example is demonstrated when Naruto attempted to use Rasengan on Deidara after pounding him. Although Naruto was Kyuubified and was extremely pissed off at Deidara, he could still form a Rasengan almost instantaneously.

Naruto's preference has always been KB + Rasengan, and it appears that it will always be that way.

26. Justn5

haha i can see it now! Naruto vs. Final Battle..... Naruto creates 1000 KB and they gather around in a circle.... Villian is like "WTH" Clones dissipate to show Naruto holding his final creation "uber-rasen"!!!!!!!!1!!1

Last page shows Naruto using "uber-rasen" on villian, killing him, but also blows up the world, and ending the Manga!

27. Vandal Savage Supporting Staff

Flag:
    Sweden, United States
    Naruto can do rasengan by himself but he just can't do it one-handed like Jiraiya can.