• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

PS5 Returnal

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
There were a few posts on the Arcade Thread.

Gameplay looks pretty damn good and the monster designs are great. Too many light effects that are a bit grating against the realistic artstyle and 80 bucks is a joke.

The gameplay looks great. But the fact that it's rouge-like probably means they skimped on the progression and level design. The atmosphere is awesome. This should've been a 3D Metroidvania.

Keishin

Looks like it just smashes ideas from like death stranding with some ratchet and clank shooters. does this honestly look interesting at all

Looks like it just smashes ideas from like death stranding with some ratchet and clank shooters. does this honestly look interesting at all

Mechanically the shooting seems solid. But I agree it looks uninteresting and bland (especially the environments), and most of the time trying too much with the particle effects. The heroine looks like my middle school English teacher. :lmao

But it's hard to judge if people will buy it. I mean if Days Gone apparently did well...

Cheeky Cunt
Considering the success of hades, this might have the potential for rogue-likes to breack out of the indie scene.

Deathbringerpt

Dreamer of Possibilities
Mechanically the shooting seems solid. But I agree it looks uninteresting and bland (especially the environments), and most of the time trying too much with the particle effects. The heroine looks like my middle school English teacher. :lmao

But it's hard to judge if people will buy it. I mean if Days Gone apparently did well...

The gameplay looks good and the enemy design is actually top notch. The whole roguelike shtick, what's probably the most obnoxious use of particle effects and a weird mix of a bland realistic looking main protagonist and rule of cool horror aliens holds it back. Even games like LoU2 manage to make their characters "cool" despite the grounded setting.

The gameplay looks good and the enemy design is actually top notch. The whole roguelike shtick, what's probably the most obnoxious use of particle effects and a weird mix of a bland realistic looking main protagonist and rule of cool horror aliens holds it back. Even games like LoU2 manage to make their characters "cool" despite the grounded setting.

They should've at least spiced up the suit if they wanted to make the protagonist look like someone who is on their way to work on their taxes.

We see the suit all the time during gameplay. Make that look badass at least.

nijuusan

So far reviews and teases have really been pointing to this being a great game. Personally, pretty pumped for it!

Buskuv

The thing which Solomon overlooked
Retired Staff
How much of the game have you ended up playing? Worth the price you think? I wanted to get a physical copy but unfortunately the stores we have here didn't have any stock left.
I haven't gotten super far yet, but I suppose that depends on how much you enjoy replayability in games. Though it still feels like a price drop would be in order, and I mostly got mine at launch because I had credit online. It's great but I imagine it won't stay 70 for long.

Buskuv

The thing which Solomon overlooked
Retired Staff
the triggers do actually feel pretty great
the left trigger basically becomes two buttons because of the way it works, so you use left to aim and then there's a secondary level of resistance you use to activate your secondary fire mode, which is way more intuitive than I'm making it sound, and the right trigger works better that way as well

Top Bottom