1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Reverse Ignore Option

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Marvel, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Marvel Well-Known Member

I saw this idea brought up somewhere and i thought it'd be nice to implement. Reverse Ignore makes it where they can't see your post at all and if you have rather unpleasant people you don't want to respond,rate,or neg you,you could just reverse ignore them.

Tags:
  2. A Optimistic Ultimate Supreme Leader

Other posters shouldn't determine if I can see their posts or not.

3. Takano-san Doroshī no yūjin

Spain, Canada, United States
    This is the one.

It would mainly be beneficial when someone is being continually harassed despite ignoring other members. Basically, the members being blocked would think the member has left the forum, although there is also the potential for overuse and abuse of the function. Thus, my thought would be it should require a special user group status that is requested in SCR, a user group that is visible only to staff. This would cut down on harassment in the long run and reduce harassment, flaming, etc. at least hypothetically.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. is a

Catdank Faction:
    This might be the saddest idea that's ever been published on NF.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Island In the Sun Moderator

United States
    If you're being harassed, then talk to the staff about it. I don't see why the staff would add a plugin for reducing harassment when they could just ban the harassers.

And if I'm not mistaken, the people you believe were harassing you are banned.

6. Marvel Well-Known Member

Passive Agressive remarks and constant things that are enough to irritate you and piss you off but no exactly bannable

7. Island In the Sun Moderator

United States
    The guy I quoted said "harassment" specifically.

I don't see why you should control what somebody else sees just because you think they're annoying but not annoying enough for it to be rule-breaking.

8. Takano-san Doroshī no yūjin

Spain, Canada, United States
    Some of them were, yeah. But it certainly wasn't the first time, and at this point, I no longer care. Right now, my Ignore List is empty. But my MI triggers some people, both in the real world and the online world. I do the best I can not to offend people, but some days are better than others for me.

9. Jackk ... Advisor

We already got the ignore option if someone annoys you that much that you want to avoid them

There's also the report option if someone annoys you that much that you want to get them in trouble

And mods can request/issue bans if they see it fit

Giving users the ability to decide what another user can see is going too far

10. ane Advisor

Adding someone to your ignore list will also hide the threads they make. Unfortunately I don't think is possible to implement your idea. If you have an issue with another member, please, report it or make a SCR thread.