1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

Reznor's Super Secret Clandestine Team™

Discussion in 'The Konoha Times' started by Reznor, May 1, 2018.

1. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    To help us stay fluid and mobile, I am seeking applications for more seasonal and/or project-based "helper" positions.
    There's a lot of tech stuff that needs done, and the process of modding someone to help is too cumbersome. Basically, I need people whose positions only last so long as they are helping so I can rotate them out for fresh people and I need people that I can assign tasks to.

Reznor's Super Secret Clandestine Team™
    - Has access to a special section that only staff and them have.
    - Helps with tasks
    - People are added and removed as needed

If you wish to join, please submit an application with either "Graphics Application", "Coder Application" or "Graphics/Coder Application" in the

Code:
     Skillset(s):
    Why do I want to be part of this?:
    Availablity:
    Evidence: 
    Please put your PORTFOLIO in your spoiler tag for evidence for graphics.

Provide PROOF of your ability to code for Coder. If you don't know how to do code, don't be a poser and just google the definition of "cascading style sheets" - this isn't any use to us. HTML, CSS, general Xenforo experience, PHP, Jquery are all desired skills.

Please also give us something more elaborate than "I just like doing this stuff" - try to tell us why you want to work for NF specifically and be part of the gfx or coder team, go in a little detail.
    If we find you're lying/stealing in your apps, you will no longer be able to be part of any other mod app process in the future either. Take this a little seriously, even if it's an anime forum.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Yin Yin Within Yin God, #Boosette / SC Meme-Let The Creativity Flow

Germany, Japan, Mexico
    A lotta requirements for a seasonal position it seems eehee.
    :popcorn

3. Atlas .

Germany
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    I'll probably renew people that are consistently able to help.

I'm getting the staff better about staying fresh and current rather than having people sit on positions, but it still happens.
    This position should be entirely free of that kind of issue that we struggle with, so it'll be much quicker transitions in and out. I didn't make it a long app after all.

5. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    If Jayjay can be helpful, I'd consider him.
    Historically, he either just tells me that he knows more or shifts the burden of proof back to me when I ask for a justification for a plan and neither is useful to me.
    I need people that can lend their skills, not ask why I don't have those skills.

6. jayjay³² Drug Addict

What are you talking about? As far as coding and graphics go, I’ve consistently offered my help. You are well aware of my skill set and if you ever needed help with anything, you just had to ask. This shitty narrative about me being unhelpful is all in your head.

This application thing is basically just a giant “we’re looking for anyone but jayjay” and to be honest, it’s kind’ve insulting.

7. Vegeta I'm your fool

I'd more look at it as legitimizing a process.

8. jayjay³² Drug Addict

There’s nothing legitimizing about it. It’s just an extra hoop for me to jump through and they didn’t even ask me to apply.

I’ve programmed for NeoGAF, ArcadeControls, misc. anime forums in 2008-2014, and if you want some weird shit, even the genomics website back when I was a pre-med. My web design skills are literally all over this forum, lmao. Why the do I need to prove all this shit to him when he can just PM me the project (which I’m assuming is some simple forum plugin) and I’ll code it when I have time? The answer is he doesn’t want me.

I mean, the weird part is that he also doesn’t have server access like Mbxx, so, is there really any progress being made at the end of the day?

Just another “NF has huge plans!!!” post without ever really executing on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    :thunk
    Feel like you were going to post that anyway, so my point is made. :catshrug

Noted. I'll keep that in mind.

10. jayjay³² Drug Addict

I mean, until you get server access, there’s really no point to any of this.

11. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

<b>Test</b>
    That's true, but there's some stuff that can be done with workarounds and I'd prefer that we at least do what we theoretically can.

12. Didi Vice President of NF

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Damn would be happy to try helping if I had more experience coding. Only starting to learn now lol.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  14. Takano-san Brujo

Spain, Canada, United States
    Is this something you'll need ongoing, Reznor? I'm getting ready to start taking some IT classes. I was thinking of going for Systems Administration type stuff, but if you guys need help with volunteer work with programming type stuff, I'm game since my long-term goal is actually along the lines of Computer Forensics, and I can go either way. :catsalute

15. Yin Yin Within Yin God, #Boosette / SC Meme-Let The Creativity Flow

Germany, Japan, Mexico
    :yousmart

16. Takano-san Brujo

Spain, Canada, United States
    Also, if you need more information, I'm more than happy to disclose exactly what I am planning. There is actually a tech school close to my hometown, Kansas City, Missouri called . I've already been to the school, and from the visit I had there recently, they seem interested in having me as a student. PM me if you have any questions, Reznor. I'd be more than happy to answer. You also have my info on Discord IIRC. :catsalute

17. Detective ★★★★★★★

Canada
    Is this just Reznor's way of creating more jobs for Americans? And further it by continuing the tradition of illegal labour outsourced from various other places due to them having the skillset? Which just defeats the initial concept.

:hm

@jayjay³²

18. jayjay³² Drug Addict

19. Moira 「 」

I'm like the 2,931st best graphics person here, why should I even bother when you could just have jayjay?