1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Rin perhaps not Killed in Action? Or not dead at all.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by The_4th Himself, Oct 2, 2006.

1. The_4th Himself

We all Know Obito/Rin/Kakashi were apart of the 4th's team
    For those who also read the Manga etc

Spoiler:
    In Kakashi Gaiden arc
    Obito died " Killed in action " , gave his eye to Kakashi " Sharingan " etc , Rin and Kakashi were both saved by the 4th . No one knew what happened exactly to rin After that,it wasnt mentioned in the manga, especially in the Anime . We're assuming she wasnt mentioned because shes not dead? or probably missing.

Spoiler:
    But in Episode 80 , real reason 4:30-5:00
    Kakashi payed a visit to the Memorial of dead shinobis , The purple haired girl only Mentions Obito-san , but not Rin?

My theory
    Spoiler:
    Probably Killed by kakashi in order to get His MS , MS is only obtained when you kill your best friend . But who knows , she could still be alive? Akatsuki ? :)

Post your thoughts.

Tags:
  2. Sai_What

I don't know about your theory, but I disagree...the reason everyone thinks rin is dead is b/c Kakashi told Sasuke that everyone he cared about is already dead, but it has been suggested that maybe they just had a falling out.

3. Sai_What

to me, it seems likely that she's dead, but not killed by Kakashi. He only JUST got his MS, and I don't think he ever considered her his best friend.

4. Production

And for rin, plot no jutsu?

5. Godeiche

But as it was stated somewhere else, that was 15 years prior to Kakashi getting his MS. And there is another theory waying that different nins would acquire different MS's in defferent ways.

But still a possibility.

6. The_4th Himself

But why isnt her name on the Memorial then?

7. Production

^ it MAY be. We just know. I mean, we dont have a picture of the Memorial with everyones names.

8. The_4th Himself

I agree , but dont you find it odd , rin wasnt mentioned when she asked Kakashi did you come here only for obito?
    Take a look at the episode.

Just a thought.

9. Production

I actually think thats a valid point as to why she might not be dead. Yeah, we don't have a picture (^) but you can almost assume that she's not on it, because he only goes their to visit Obito.
    Than again, if she died after the war, she wouldn't be on it, would she? She could just have been killed in a mission.

11. Rori

Kakashi did say to Sasuke that all his friends were dead, so unless he was lieing, who knows.

12. The_4th Himself

So the memorial is only dedicated to those killed in war but Not missions?
    I was sure , the memorial was dedicated for everyone who died during missions/wars.

13. Rori

Hmm, I think the memorial was something like those who DIB (Died in battle) not technicially in war.

14. Ofkinheimer

Shouldn't "Theories" be going in to the "Theory" section?

I'm not playing thread Nazi, but I'm sure you'll find other "Rin is not dead" theories in there.

15. The_4th Himself

Kakashi: look at this memorial, (skips a bit) they're names of those who were K.I.A. (=killed in action)

but, then again, Rin doesn't technically have to be on there. She could have died from some other cause. Though I fail to think what it could be.

17. Sai_What

I thought it actually meant in legit battles (like wars or whatever)

18. Sai_What

It now seems to me more like she must have just had a relatively mundane death (like disease or something...) or she and Kakashi had a "falling out." If she were alive and in Konoha...I don't know, but at the end of Kakashi's Gaiden he said he would always protect her for Obito. Since she's never mentioned and doesn't seem around, that promise is probably now defunct for one reason or another.

19. Squire of Fate

The memorial was for those who were KIA (Killed in Action) and people, please don't start those Rin is AL theories again...

20. Rori

21. Hokage Naruto

I highly doubt Kakashi killed Rin in order to get his MS. I believe he got it another way, which seems that it will never be revealed.

I believe that Rin could be alive but she could've done something so horrible that Kakashi treated her like she was dead. Maybe, Rin had killed a lot of people to join the Akatsuki and it upsetted Kakashi so much that it made him think she was dead? :omg

22. The_4th Himself

But I did say she could be in it or so.
    Probably the blue hair one in the back , probably not . Who knows

" but she doesnt have blue hair"

but , what im saying is there is a possibility that she just went missing.

23. Halo

If the memorial is dedicated towards those who were KIA, then Rin most likely would've died of natural causes. With speculations already that Obito is Tobi, and assuming these theories turn out to be true, I would hate to suddenly have Rin be possibly alive. I don't think Rin and Kakashi had a falling out, Rin didn't strike me as the type that would change for the worst. I do find it a bit awkward that Kakashi never mentions Rin since he vowed he'd protect her with his life for Obito.

24. Squire of Fate

Nah you said died in battle, technically it's different. Killed in action is really dying while undertaking a mission while died in battle may be being killed during something else not a part of the mission.:amuse

25. Rori

Here

;)

26. The_4th Himself

confused :cry

27. Sai_What

"Falling out" can mean anything from an argument to her killing Kakashi's mother. It means they aren't friends anymore because something happend.

28. Sai_What

I'm probably way over thinking this, but in Naruto everything has a way of repeating itself.
    Example: the three legandary sanin and Naruto & co.
    Naruto ends up trining under Jiraya, Sakura under Tsunade and Sasuke under Oro. Oro betrayed his best friend Jiraya, just like Sasuke betrayed Naruto.
    OK, so in this situation:
    Rin --> Sakura (funny how the women always = medical ninjas...)
    Obito --> Naruto
    Kakashi --> Sasuke
    Sasuke and Obito have the rivalry thing going, Kakashi is the genius of the group & Obito likes Rin who likes Kakashi. See?

Now Sakura would never betray Sasuke, and since her and Rin's personalities are so complimentary, it seems that she would never do anything against the village.

Long (long, long) story short, I think Rin must be dead b/c I don't see her as the kind of person who would ever end up betraying Kakashi. Sorry if that was boring and long.

29. Enterprise E

I think that Tobi is Obito and I think that Rin may well be dead. Here's how. After Kakashi Gaiden, Rin may have been feeling sad about Obito's death and had learned a jutsu similar to either Chiyo's life restoring jutsu, or Impure World Resurrection jutsu, maybe even a combination of the two, and she went back to where Obito had been buried without anyone from Konoha knowing, which could explain why she's not on the memorial stone and why Kakashi might not want to remember her. He may think that she abandoned the village. The reason she wouldn't have told anyone about what she was doing is because the jutsu she was going to use was a forbidden jutsu. She dug out Obito and used the jutsu on him. He is revived and it costs Rin her life. However, something went wrong during the jutsu and while Obito's body and personality (soul) is revived intact (save for his lost eye, and some scarring on his right side), he has no memory of who he is, where he comes from, or who his friends are. He looks over his body and sees a dead, or nearly dead, Rin lying over the body. While he has no memory of who he is, he sees the girl and thinks that she is pretty and he seems to remember having some type of affection, or maybe a crush, on her. Seeing her lying dead over him, he believes that he killed her in a fit of jealousy, since he remembers it being a one-way crush/affection and he is horrified and full of guilt over what he thinks he did to her. If Tobi turns out to be the third Mangekyo Sharingan user, this could be how he acquired it. He wanders grass country, nameless and with only one good eye and catches the attention of Zetsu who sees this as a tremendous opportunity to acquire an Uchiha bloodline since this is before Itachi joined Akatsuki, and he takes Obito, who now calls himself Tobi, due to his jarred memories, as his subordinate.

30. Ofkinheimer

At what point do I seperate your theory based on manga action from the fanfiction details?