1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Rob Lucci(One Piece) vs Herb(Ranma 1/2)

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by Giovanni Rild, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Herb Feats.
    Spoiler:

Fight takes place in a cayon. Fight!!!!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

I think this is an interesting match-up but not one that really pushes Lucci to the edge of what he is capable of. Herbs abilties are potent but there are 3 major problems that he/she has to overcome.

Versatility: With the Kamisori/soru, the geppou and the Tekkai Utsugi/tekkai there is an extreme limit to his attacks. He cannot use any hand to hand comabt techniques or else he will have his hand crushed by the counterblow. Thus he is limited almost exclusively to chi attacks which fall into two categories, ineffecive and impractical.

Durabilty: The defense of Tekkai is extreme herbs cutting chi attacks are inferior versions to the Rankicks that lesser CP9 throw around and don't match zoro in power, whom he can take on his own tekkai without a hint of distress. His Hiryu shoten ha might work, but the cold anger of Lucci and the fact that kamisori makes it impossible to lure him into a spiral make this impractical to use.

In return Lucci has near unlimited mobility advantages and if he so wished could speed through the air using the Shigan Bachi and driveby herb till he fell. He can Fly and rain down rankyaku gaichou which a single hit would be instantly fatal. Furthermore his Kamisori advantage can be played into a deadly single attack. The suprise of his hypermovement would open up at least one attack at which point the contest is ended with a Madara, a Rokuougan, or a Ouren. The damage of the final strike that knocked him out was about equal to that of a reject dial when applied to the scenerey, a little less powerful, a little more it doesn't matter. The Rokuougan does all that damage, except it applies ito internally. Herb would die.

Overall Herb is a better opponent than 99% of the OP foes, but he falls just a wee bit short of what is needed to take on a killer like Rob Lucci.

3. TheGreenSamurai78 Bleach > Naruto

I will go with Lucci on this one.
    Lucci's Rankyaku Gai-Chou doesn't seem any different to Herbs Chi blade.
    Link removed

Lucci has Flying Shigan, which also gives him an advantage in range combat.
    Link removed
    Link removed

Lucci can turn himself into a full Leopard. In this form, Lucci's speed is at its highest.
    Link removed

4. Ryuji Yamazaki SOS Brigade

I'd bet on Rob, if only because being able to blitz Luffy cerca Water 7 means he'd probably be able to blitz Herb as well.

I know Herb's feats. I also know that Ranma, who is at least Herb's equal in terms of physical and melee speed, couldn't hope to do more than break even with Water 7 Luffy in terms of speed and nowhere near as strong or durable as ol' Rubberface, wheras Rob Lucci was dancing around Luffy with Soru and is at least as strong as Gear 2 Luffy.

Herb's ki-powers are nothing to sneeze at, but Rob is too fast to be hit before he caves in Herb's head.

5. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Lucci feat please. Show me this speed. Because I wasn't impressed

6. Ryuji Yamazaki SOS Brigade

He was able to keep pace with Luffy in Gear Second, who was moving so fast that Blueno couldn't see him while using his own Soru. Blueno himself was able to blitz Luffy in Water 7. Luffy, en route to Water 7, was able to go from a couple of inches from a bomb to standing at the top of Foxy's *huge* main mast just as it exploded.

EDIT: Not to mention that, just after entering Greed Island, Luffy was able to rip off the mast for the Going Merry and run up the vertical face of a gigantic whale with it, and later on did pretty much the same thing in Skypeia to a gigantic stalk with a huge ball of gold on his fist.

7. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Any scans?

8. Ryuji Yamazaki SOS Brigade

Not on my person, as I'm at my school right now.

9. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

Gate, you have to be kidding me, you quite literally told me you had read the entire fight with Lucci, now your hassling this guy to cough up scans? Thats quite frankly weak. All those things happened as he said. I'll fuckign provide the scans.

10. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Lucci didn't look that fast. You still haven't explained why they are faster beside some chump excuse about different artist styles

11. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

This is the whale inceident this is the gold ball which incidentally weighs about 200 tons, and this is him running up the beanstalk with it. this by the way is enel cutting lose

On the topic of Foxy, this is I guess the closest to what he is talking about, read the preceding 4 scans to get a better grasp on it, cause its really complex.

12. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

The weight of the golden ball was never stated. And the speed still dosen't look like anything to write home about.

13. Pipboy Now With 96% More Pip

Gold weighs 19,300 kg per cubic meter no matter which universe your in. Nice try though.

I am giving the other guy scans. You have already been drowned in speed feats.

14. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

So you're assuming that? You are admitting that the weight was never stated? How can you be sure of the weight if you can't weigh it? Oh wait, you can't!!!

15. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

Are you seriously saying that Rob Lucci didn't look fast?

EL Oh EL

16. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

You saw that, right?

17. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

I said he didn't look that fast like Pipboy is trying to make him out to be. and how can Pipboy get the size right? eh?

I posted a showing of speed and he attempted to write it off as a"art style differecne".

The point is, in the Ranma manga, they tell you in front how fast ranma can attack. In the One Piece manga, they do no such thing and anything Pipboy posts is at best a good guess

18. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

Compare it to the size of Luffy, who is exactly 5'7''

Well, yeah. We see Herb punching at Ranma and they say they can't see the blows. Lucci can do the same, only visible blows that appear as one simultaneous attack.

No, the point is that you are calling Rob Lucci "not that fast" which makes you look like a dick.

19. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

Well I'm sorry for hurting your feelings, but his speed dosen't look impressive and
    I think Lucci is getting in the ranks of Luffy of being overated. What pipboy is trying to say is One Pieceverse would curb-stomp Ranmaverse in general and specificially Lucci and Luffy would Curb-stomp all

20. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

I don't see him saying that in any of those posts at all.

What I do see is you being a baby. AGAIN. Come on Rild.

21. Havoc Basted God

Yea except that's not true, how can you assume gold weighs the same? Since we're assuming, I'm gonna say that their gravity is less there. That's why he could lift the ball, because of the gravity it only weighs 5 lbs there.

22. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

What I see is you siding with Pipboy and ignoring the facts that he gave no real proof. Also, if all you have to give is a history lesson on Illuminati Gate, it would please me greatly is you'd save it and GTFO my thread, M'kay?:nuts

23. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Assuming physical laws are different requires evidence, assuming they are the same does not.

24. Havoc Basted God

I don't read OP so I can't disprove your statement with any scans, so I'll just concede.:laugh

25. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

What about the speed issue? Akane says flat out how fast Ranma is and that's near the start of the manga. And there no metion of Luffy speed, only the fights. Is it fair to assume that Luffy and Lucci is faster without evidence?

26. Endless Mike Getting too old for this shit

Well there is the 30 m/s figure for Kuro without Shakushi....

27. Giovanni Rild The mods are my enemy

What page?

28. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

Bluneo: WAT? No one can match a rokushiki user in speed!!!

29. Havoc Basted God

Hmm so he's faster than Flash?:laugh

30. Suzumebachi ReSpekt

Kuro looks pretty fast to me.
    This is the best movie ever.