1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Rob Lucci vs. Ubogin (sp?)

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by Endless Mike, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Endless Mike

Rob Lucci vs. that guy from HxH with the punch of a missile.

Tags:
  2. Pipboy

Tsk tsk mike. Stealing my threads are we?

3. Endless Mike

Sorry, I didn't see it.

4. Pipboy

Just messing with you, I made it like a year ago.

EDIT: 9 months to a day actually. Guess the baby is born.

5. Fenix

9 months ago? Well we know more about Mr.Lucci now

6. subsistence

is there anywhere in OPmanga states that Rob Lucci's eardrums are as hard as steel?

7. HugeGuy

Missile? I thought his max punch was said to be the size of a miniature nuclear warhead.

8. Fenix

but since kurapica killed him, he never achieved it =\

9. Crowe

I personally believe that Ubo could take this. Kurapica was extremely overpowered when he took out Ubo which Lucci isn't.

10. Pipboy

Kurapica has anti-ryodan hax. If he didn't have the jail chain he could never have stood up to Ubougin in a prolonged fight, he just lacked the tools to break through his defense to a crippling degree. Lucci has his own hax which work agaisnt everyone including more super strength, comparable defense, and easily argueable more offensive power, especially when you consider that he can hit ubougin internally, past his nen guard, basically forcing him to take the attack on the meat, which, would be instantly fatal. Furthermore Lucci certainly has the speed advantage, though he doesn't have as many creative uses of strength.

11. earthshine

remeber that obo has completly mastered reinforcement nen, meaning he can enforce ANY ascpect of his body, even his teeth and voice. I see no reason why he could not use nen to get speed hax.

as for power, I say they are about even, but obo has one BIIIGGG advantage: voice hax. lucci has no protection agaisnt that kind of attck(also, leapord form is even weaker against it than most, it has better hearing, not that it matters, since it can blow peoples heads off).

12. Pipboy

Lucci has the best protection available to loud noises. Being more than 800 times stronger, faster and more durable than a well trained in shape human being. Moreover the attack doesn't blow off heads, it just concusses the fluids of the three arches of the inner ear and batters the brain causing haemorage. Oh and tekkai hardens the whole body.

Nen has been repeatedly shown not to protect the inside of the body no matter what. This is why Lucifer, one of the best nen users period can't just use Ken to absorb the damage of the Sword of Law. It is also why poisons work on ubo and why electricity goes through nen defense. If Lucci were to hit Ubougin with any ROkuougan, Sai Dai Rin or not, it would be applied entirely internally and would thus force him to take it on his supirior to human, but far inferior to luffy body, which would in so many words kill him dead.

13. earthshine

I agree bout the head thing(bad memory), but I don't see how lucci is protected from it.

also, tekkai only hardens the MUSCLES, nothnig else. his ears would not be protected in any way. having superhuman strength does not mean his ears can endure an attack like that. does his brain get tekkai too? whats to stop it from being damaged? it is almost always the case that just because you have superhuman endurance does not mean your organs are as invulnarable as you are(I can stab a super endurance guy in the gut, nothnig, stab him in the eye, and it is another story).

14. Pipboy

Tekkai hardens the skin impossible as that may seem. Otherwise such attacks as that that can sheer through a train would actaullly cause cuts. So as long as the skin hardens the typanum which is made out of skin is hardened and thus the the whole body becomes a perfect conductor through which the sonic shock transfers to the other side, and since no flexion there is no damage.

Of course, Lucci is easily fast enough to clamp his ears like the other ryodan. Or he could just take it as he is 800 odd times more durable than the hair dude against such trauma.

15. earthshine

near as I can find, it says only muscles, not skin. I know logic says skin too, but onthnig supports this(the one peice writer is not really one for details).

16. Pipboy

Blueno's quote is near enough 'trains our body to mimic an iron shell' there is no mention of muscles. The facts in evidence support the skin, as the skin remains undamaged when a cutting attack is applied to a successful tekkai.

17. earthshine

again, when is it said that it applies to skin? when the tech is explained, is skin mentioned at all? also, it is said the power of tekkai is related the the physical condition of the user: why would this be, if it had nothnig to do with muscles? again, everything says muscles, os I have to go with that.

18. Pipboy

And yet the fact remains that the skin is unharmed... thus the the fact that it is not enumerated that it is a skin encompassing technique is irrelevant. In fact wikipedia is full of it when it uses the word muscles. Nikutai (nik-tai) literally means body power or meat power. It doesn't specify any particular part of of the body.

Further evidence is found in Franky. He has skin over metal, so he bleeds when shot but doesn't get hurt more than superficially. However lucci takes a blade from a superhumanly strong opponent on his arm and suffers not even superficial damage.

Evidence trumps wikipedia. here is zoro hitting his arm, here is the arm unarmed less than five minutes later.

19. Death Fog

20. Pipboy

Yes..... I can see why you death_fog, the man with the HxH signature and the HxH avatar thinks this, but perhaps a little more exposition, perhaps up to half your usual standard would be welcome. Especially when Lucci has the overwhelming advantage of an attack that blows right through nen defense.

21. Kisame

22. Pipboy

What? Douriki? Zenii? Beri? Dollars? cents? Grains of salt? Which is what I will take this opinion with without backup.

23. earthshine

okay, this is getting us nowhere, so I will approach it from aonther route:

if it all hardens, you are saying that when he uses tekkai, he is deaf?

also, nobody said anythnig about tekkai applying to innards, just that it makes thier bodies hard. since you can't control organs, there is no way to harden them, or any other internal object not sorounded in muscle(including the inner ear, there is NO way to control it, or affect it in any way, it has not way to recive input form the brain).

24. Scorpio3.14

What attack that can blow right through nen defense? :huh Am I forgetting something?

25. Kisame

26. Pipboy

No I loves me some logic, and in battledome conditions, in which PIS goes out the window a character that focuses so completely on power, speed defense and killing offense is a very powerful piece.

Nen defense cannot defend against internal strikes as is REPEATEDLY illustrated by the suceptabilty of powerful nen users to poisons, simple crushing of an organ, say the heart, and even something as 'paltry' as a stun gun. The Rokuougan is a reject dial on your hands, a sum of internal damage that is FAR in excess of anytihng that HxH has been shown to be capable of absorbing.

Earthshine, I see what you are saying. That rationally he can't hear and tekkai at the same time. However rationally no amount of kicking force will create a cutting wind as the shockwaves would be circular. Rationally using anime physics, tekkai will protect him, and if it doesn't the fact that he can take an attack that can crush a tidal wave on the nads without flinching will. That and his own speed.

The point is that ultimately even if the internal organs don't harden, and there is no reason to say they do, there is evidence that the skin is part of the defensive barrier.

27. Bullet

give it to Lucci. Pipboy made a good arguement as to why he should win. He's right, Ubogin won't be able to survive any of Lucci's cutting attacks (this is also proven that nen doesn't protect that well against slashing attacks in the tornament when Hisoka had both his arms cut off farely easily).

28. Pipboy

Actually, nen does all right with cutting attacks, Kastro was using an incredibly powerful reinforcement nen (make a page of book cut through a can of juice so evenly it takes a second for the liquid to spill) to cut. Plus there is the fact that Hisoka was fucking with Kastro as Machi says afterwards.

29. Death Fog

*Sigh*. Too lazy. Ive already stated how powerful Ubougin is on other threads(more recently on the Lucci vs Luppi thread).

But anyway, up to half my standard, eh? *sigh* well, literally rippin people off like insects without the use of Nen. Lets see... not noticing a bullet, plus hmm.... slightly noticing a sniper rifle plus *sigh*(very tired from work, sorry) Oh yeah, shrugging off a sword(that can cut through steel with ease) and stopping an anti-tank bazooka with one hand. And ofcourse having the force of a missile(that can easily destroy buildings) and create craters.

Yep, I would very much like to know how you got the idea that Lucci has an overwhelming attack advantage that blows through nen defense. Ubougin's nen defense mind you. Dont get me wrong, mate. Lucci will break Ubougin's defense.... eventually. But its unlikely to happen since Ubougin wouldve already broken Mr. Rob Lucci's Tekkai defense and beat that badass.

Anyway, off to sleep.

30. earthshine

okay, but let me ask this: how can lucci hurt obo?

remeber, obo can enforce ANY part of his body: hair, skin, nails, teeth, vocal cords, and if needed, ORGANS. tekkai may not protect organs, but it would not be a stretch to belive that reienforcement nen can. obo can enforce his skin to protect against cuts, and hos organs to protect agisnt that dial attack.

look, I am not saying for SURE obo will win, just that it can go either way.