1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

Rob Zombie: the Twentieth Anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by DemonDragonJ, Oct 7, 2018.

1. DemonDragonJ Work in Progress

This year marks the twentieth anniversary of Rob Zombie's solo debut album, Hellbilly Deluxe. At the time that that album was released, I was just beginning to appreciate heavy metal music, so that I enjoyed that album very much, and it is not difficult to see why it remains popular, with such amazing songs as Superbeast, Dragula, Living Dead Girl, Meet the Creeper, Demonoid Phenomenon, Spookshow Baby, and more. Many heavy metal artists take inspiration from, or are otherwise associated with, horror movies, but, for Rob Zombie, such movies are an essential part of his identity, both musically and personally, and that fondness certainly helps to make his music more unique.

I waited until this month to make this post, because October is the month that contains Halloween, a holiday that is associated with horror movies and dark imagery, which are obviously key elements in Zombie's music.

I had the fortune to see Rob Zombie live, in August of this year, and it was an excellent concert, so I do hope that he is active for many more years, yet, providing excellent music for the audiences.

What does everyone else say about this? What are your thoughts about this year being the twentieth anniversary of Rob Zombie's debut solo album?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Uncle Acid Well-Known Member

What do I think about it? Nothing. I think it's a terrible fucking album, just like everything released by him under the Rob Zombie name. I think White Zombie is pretty awful as well. But if I got the chance to see him live I'd go, just to support the guy and his live sets looks gorgeous, especially for someone who's half life is made up of horror movies.

Prefer him as a director, despite both Halloween films being godfuckingawful in every single way. But he's a cool and dedicated dude with a lot of the same interests as me, so I can't deny that I got a weak spot for him.

3. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Flag:
    Sweden

He timed it so he could be (briefly) immortalised on the Matrix soundtrack.