1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Robin and Ao Kiji

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Archive' started by Space, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Space

I think I found what their relationship should be. There are many clues for it.

I think Ao Kiji is the father of Robin. Why you ask?

1. First look at the appearances. If you compare Robin with her mother, you will immediatly notice 1 big difference: their hair color. It implies that robin's father must have black hair. Ok, not much of a clue, but this got me thinking, so on to point 2.

2. Now the meat. The very first time Ao Kiji met robin, he actually let her go (after he killed saulo). He explicitly told her to live a normal live and not to do anything stupid. But why would a stranger do that and risk his own life for that? Ao Kiji even sabotaged the helm of Spandine's ship, with ice! The only reason I can think of is because he wants to protect her for some reason.

3. The second time they met is when Ao Kiji almost killed robin. But why would he embrace her in the end if he just needs to kill her? That's just awkward if he doesn't have any feelings for her. I doubt he fell in love with robin while she was just a little girl, so it must be a bloodrelated relationship.

4. After the last chapter, we see that Ao Kiji was actually watching everything but didn't do anything to help the buster call out. He could easily have destroyed or stopped the strawhats as he can freeze the sea. So why didn't he do that? My guess is that he wanted to test Luffy's strength and wanted to see whether Luffy can protect his daughter if he let robin be with them or not. "Test? He almost killed luffy!" you say? So, point 5.

5. Remember Ao Kiji said that he wasn't on duty when the strawhats met him on that island, so he doesn't need to kill them? That's because he still doesn't want to kill robin. But why did he change his mind? He changed his mind after he saw how good of a doctor chopper is. After he knew chopper could even heal frozen body's (Ao Kiji told him that robin is still alive and can be saved if he was quick), he decided to demonstrate his power to encourage luffy to become stronger so he can protect robin. He purposely didn't kill anyone (of course) and certainly didn't want to even attack chopper as he had to save the injured. He had to test luffy's strength as I said before, so he set everything up to do so (by giving spandam the golden mushimushi for the buster call). But I bet even he didn't think the strawhats could have survived enies lobby.

So far, everything Ao Kiji has done has helped robin or the strawhats in some way, so I can really see him becoming a strong ally in the future. Also, it should be obvious he has caring feelings for robin, so that's why I think that Ao Kiji has to be Robin's father. Just imagine how a kid of robin's mom and Ao Kiji would look like.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Kisame

thats how his move is performed...he did it on Luffy 2 if iirc

3. Space

He killed saulo with just one hand touching him. he doesn't need to embrace the opponent to turn them in ice.

4. Kisame

he performed ice time. Thats how ice time is done

Oda drew him embracing his opponent...because well thats just visually badass.

5. Moondoggie

Yeah, I believe you may have misunderstood Akito/Agito, what you call "embraced" Aokiji also did it to Luffy. Ice Time can be done with a touch or any contact. The way he did it to Robin and Luffy was something similar to a hug but I wouldn't call it embracing, just the way he felt like doing Ice Time.

6. Kisame

No what he did to saul was Ice time CAPSULE

Ice time leaves them alive.

7. Space

No no, he hit saulo with capsule first and got his leg. Then, he used ice time and finished the job.

I agree the embrace could be just a form of his move and he would do the same to other opponents as well. BUT, this doesn't mean he didn't mean that embrace as a hug when he used ice time on robin.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2006
  8. Hitotsumami

Nice, idea, but I don't see Aokiji being Robin's father.

Wasn't it mentioned that Olivia was having problems leaving her daughter because of Robin's father? I can't quite remember the exact words.​

9. ez

highly improbable theory...but it is somewhat clear he has an attachment to Robin. Perhaps he sympathizes with her even though he calls her a demon and such. From the looks of it he may distrust the world government but that's speculation(my forte -_-)

10. Baby Raptor

i think r obin 's father was killed or died for search void history but her mother pick up father 's search ....

11. Orion

umm off topic but could someone list the times we see aokiji fights iv never seen him :( thx.

12. Moondoggie

Double Episodes 227-228.{vs. Luffy+StrawHats}
    And the recent episodes 277-278.{vs. Saulo}

13. MegaManMario

14. Hitotsumami

Gold Roger? That's also a possibility, but if Saul's words hold to truth, that everyone in his family has the D initial, and the D initial is hereditary, then Robin should have the D initial. Or atleast be half D.