1. Halloween Drawing Contest is happening now!
    drawing contest 04
    Click [HERE] to join up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Robin's Strength

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Archive' started by Grumpy Zoro, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Grumpy Zoro

I was wondering where would you place Robin in terms of strength in the Straw Hats?;]...She said herself that she can't beat Luffy but what about the others?;] And while we're at it how about Franky? He did very good against Luffy...

Tags:
  2. pakku

It's kind of debatable, because her power isn't as straight forward as the others. From what we've seen, her ability typically involves sprouting all kinds of arms and breaking bones... obviously, an awesome ability, but there are so many holes in it...

1) Logia fruits, as we've seen on Aokiji. There's pretty much no chance of her taking them by surprise because I assume they can feel the arms when they sprout right from their own bodies, so it's terribly easy to simply change into their element.

2) A very few paramecia. We all know Luffy's bones don't break, blah blah blah. There probably aren't really that many fruits, but off the top of my head... she's not strong enough to break the supa supa no mi, and her hands would slip right off the sube sube no mi.

3) Zoans. Changing forms within her grasp would almost definitely screw her up, especially changing into a smaller form (ie: Chopper going from uber werewolf mode to his usual cute mode) to escape.

4) Really strong or big guys. We've already seen how difficult it is for her to fight enormous enemies in her fight with Yama, and I think her arms are way too weak to hold down somebody like Zoro, no matter how many of them there are.

So, yeah. Her powers are almost too specialized to be put among the brawlers of the crew... so I guess in general fighting ability I would put her a little behind Sanji. Of course, we haven't really seen her have a BIG fight, so my opinion may change.

3. Code

Well I agree with what pakku said for the most part.

Though I'd definitely put her above Sanji at least in overall strength.

I don't think Zoan transformations should mess her up much, as it'd sprout on the surface of it. At most it probably would cancel out the technique but not harm her I'd say.

I'd put her behind Luffy, Zoro, and Franky. I doubt her techniques would work on Zoro simply due to his insane strength. I'd say she would be incapable of overpowering people who possess a lot of physical strength. Against Franky, well Franky seems to be up there with Luffy and Zoro in overall fighitng ability. Though thier battle mainly consisted of Franky surprising Luffy, but Franky didn't really seem to care much about Luffy's attacks. It'd be nice to see him in a one on one battle against to someone strong to really decide his overall strength.

4. Jones

she's probably up there with the strongest three on the ship. (luffy, zoro, and sanji) i bet she is the weakest of them just because the physical strength of those 3 is to much for anyone to handle.

5. Maffy the Love Doctor

i think the only person she can't defeat in the crew is luffy since he's rubber and she can't really break him like she can do with others. i guess she can choke him though, idk :p.

6. Code

To break them you have to overpower them. I doubt she'd be able to overpower Zoro who as just as much strength as Luffy. (Just the fact that he isn't rubber.)

Pell also wanted to have a rematch against her after his initial loss. I think he said something about not knowing her ability before.

7. Maffy the Love Doctor

yeah, i was actually thinking that right after my post lol. she probobly couldn't overpower luffy or zoro. sanji or rumble ball chopper....maybe. the rest, she can overpower easily.

8. SeruraRenge

Well, Robin's ability seems to matter with the size of the opponent. If it is a normal-sized person who doesn't know of her abilities, then she is almost god-like in battle. However, against someone who is of much larger stature (like that priest in Skypeia), she has a much harder time.

As for Franky....well, he seemed to be basically unfazed by all of Luffy's attacks. Then again, maybe they only fought evenly because he knew how Luffy fights, but Luffy knew nothing about Franky being a cyborg.

9. Hayate

Luffy
    Zoro
    Robin
    Sanji

(Dunno where to put Franky yet really)

I'd say she could beat Sanji as he hasn't really got upper body strength, all his power is in his legs, and it's not as if Love Cook would kick her ass anyways. :p

10. lekki

Wait up, what makes you think Robin can beat Sanji? Sanji is supposed to be just as strong as Zoro from the way the author writes the manga.

Robin's arms seem to be as strong as she is and if you tug on them, it actually hurts her aswell.

Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Franky and a very Serious Chopper are probably all above her.

11. Grumpy Zoro

@Lekki Sanji is weaker then Zoro. One Piece databook(forgot the name) shows Luffy And Zoro to have max strength and Sanji is a little below.

And about Robin strength....i agree with pakku:)

12. Code

?

I've got the opposite impression. Zoro and Luffy are obviously suppposed to be equals, have they've even fought once in Alabasta.

Zoro: This is a great chance... to see which is stronger... "martial arts" or "swordsmanship"...
    Luffy: Right!! Then let's find out!!!

And they were pretty much equal in the trade offs they had until it was interrupted by Nami... Along with that, as mentioned already, the One Piece "Databook" lists Zoro and Luffy at both 6 in strength, while Sanji is only a 5. (thegrandline.com has some info from the various books and some from the SBS in their One Piece section). So Sanji is a notch below Zoro.

And Sanji has never really shown any extreme feats of strengths, though yeah all his strength is in his feet. So I'm sure Robin should be able to take advantage of that.

13. Freija

well aslong as it don't turn into something else and disperses, or will slide through your arms or bend, she can pretty much take down most humans.

14. SloppyJoe

I would put her above sangi just because she's a woman and he's... sangi. Also she could imbolize his prime abilty pretty easilly
    Luffy
    Zoro
    Robin
    Sangi.
    I'm not willing to put franky above or below any of them yet because we have YET. To see what he can do normally and what he can do when stressed to save his "nakama"

15. Crowe

I cant really see how Sanji can only be 1 'level' lower then Zoro and Luffy, he should have 3 in strenght :/

Anyway, my ranking
    Luffy & Zoro
    Robin
    Sanji

16. Wrath

Physically, Sanji is roughly equal to Zoro, and possibly greater. This was shown in the Davy Back game where Zoro wasn't able to use his swords. They seemed very even in it.

However, Sanji's problem is that he doesn't have any tricks. He doesn't have a Devil Fruit power or Zoro's funky chi powers, so he's always going to be below Luffy and Zoro. Maybe he'll eat a DF later or learn some other tricks to bring him closer to them.

As for Robin, we haven't seen even 10% of her potential. Her powers are amazing. She can grow any part of her body out of anything organic. She doesn't even need to be in the room to fight someone, all she needs to do is grow some eyes out of something.

So far she hasn't had a real fight though. She had one fight in the Sky Island arc, but all that entailed was her leading the priest away from the ruins and then bringing the pwnage. Robin has yet to be genuinely challenged. Hopefully that will happen in this arc.

17. Meizu

Robin is seriously strong, did people forget why she has such an high bounty to begin with? sinking all those damn battle ships its obvious even at a young age she had great ability, so being older she should have perfected them or atleast brought them to a higher level of control.

in all truth its useless to compair her to sanji, zoro and luffy.. they are the fighters of the Straw Hats and robin can be classified better with Nami and such. as in she fights when she needs to and does it smart.
    much like in her only fight, she leaded his fat ass away, turned over his dials, lifted his ass up and off a cliff. plays it smart and uses her DF power wisely.

and how people say the power of the arms are a reflection of her own, then i need to ask how did she lift that fat bastard from hand to hand off the cliff, when she obviously couldnt lift him herself?

IN the case of sanji.. if its power, sanji wins.. but in a fight there is no chance Sanji would take an opening even if robin allowed one to open.. shes smart and like most say, his upper half is swift but lacks the power to break free from any sudden and swift DF attack from Robin. she can crack his back before he really notices the situation he is in.

Zoro would end up breaking Robins real arms by stressing the DF arms, much so the same in luffy's case. there is no fighting them for her and compairing is useless.

for normal people,she is an monster. her rang us unknown but as we know it is wide. so getting close is hard, it might even be outside of firing rang. in which rifles are useless.

18. SeruraRenge

Actually, according to Iceberg, she has her bounty because she can read Poneglyphs, and that is a SERIOUS crime.

19. Viciousness

damn I feel like an idiot for not remembering Luffy and Franky fighting. I mean I remember Luffy and them tearing up his place. And I remember Luffy fighting Ussop, and Ussop meeting Franky. But I cant remember Luffy ever even running into Franky directly. When was their fight?

20. SeruraRenge

It was right before the foremen had announced that the Mugiwara crew was responsible. They came in, broke up the fight (which destroyed Dock One), and told everyone that Luffy's crew was responsible. The fight happened while Luffy and Nami were sitting in the water, and then Franky came and introduced himself, wanting revenge.

21. OrionsQuest

I remember reading that chapter a while ago so I'm not to clear but was Luffy fighting to the fullest of his abilites. I remember most of his attacks were doing jack to Franky so I was just wondering.

Also I don't think we've seen what Robin is truley capable of yet to give a very good assesment of her strength.

22. Code

Well I doubt he was going all out. But neither was Franky. But I'm sure he was definitely trying somewhat as he knows he was the one who messed up Usopp.

23. Meizu

Franky was pissed so i think he was putting some effort into punishing Luffy, but Luffy wasnt going all out, more like he was testing the waters with attacks. he doesnt go al out in the start unless he is pissed or feels he has to like with Arlong or Crocodile.

And yes Robin did get the Bounty cuz of being able to read the lost history and such but my points still there, she sunk those battleships alone. and got away.

Robin VS Franky.. i would say she could break his back since he obviously stall has a spine, BUT he is seriously stronger than her and even tho i doubt he is on Zoro or Luffy level im sure he is at least at Sanji's. he is less of an 6 and more of a 5.

Robin VS- (win or lose?)

Buggy crew- win
    Cabaji- win
    Mohji- win (she find a way round the lion)
    Buggy the clown - lose.
    Kuro & Crew - Win
    (she would catch him offguard once and its all she needs)
    Priests - Win (she could has taken the all out)
    shandia - lose
    Smoker- lose
    Ace- lose
    Zoro-Lose
    Sanji- Win
    Alvida- Lose (slips off)
    Arlong- lose
    Chess- win
    Aokiji- lose
    Bellamy- win
    (this can also be a lose pending on the battle itself)
    Morgan- lose (too strong)
    Chaka- win
    Dolton- lose
    Don Krieg- lose
    Gin- win
    Foxy- win
    Fullbody-win
    Hina- win
    Yosaku & Jhonny - Win
    (i only listed them cuz i consider them parttime straw hats and id like to see robin beat um up)
    Vivi & Karoo- win
    Kuromarimo- win
    Mihawk- lose
    Miss Valentine- win
    bon clay- win (none development of upper body)
    Mr.4-lose
    Mr.5-Win
    (could lose if Mr.5 used his powers with more skill and imagination)
    pell- win
    Chopper-lose or win
    (depends what form he catches him in)
    Wapol- win

all the people i can think of as of now.
    Agree or disagree?

24. Grumpy Zoro

Why do you think she would lose to don kreig or dolton?

25. Franckie

I would put Robin below Luffy and Zoro and above all the other straw hats. She's definitely smarter than Sanji and has devil fruit powers. Zoro is freakishly strong and has been shown training and beating tougher opponents than Sanji and Luffy has fought and won against Crocodile, who was already too much for Robin so he could definitely smack her without worry.

26. Meizu

Well With Kreig i simply see it as him being to strong, plus his weaponry would cover the distance in which robin uses to her advantage. i can see her most likely just leaving the fight but its still losing. he got pounded by luffy and still got back up... yes he was in an blind rage but robin is no where near as strong. just cuz luffy beats someone doesnt mean any less of there abilities..
    (that only goes for Usopp defeated enemies)

and Dolton simply since he can use his DevilFruit power and strain her arms. his power is hes strenght. he got beat by chess threw dirty tactics.. he over powered chopper meaning he is Stronger. strong enough to put strain and break robins arms.

27. Kimi Sama

Robins best way to take someone down seems to be simply to suddenly spring a dozen arms up on them and then snap thier back or neck. So yeah, as most of you have said, any normal human is totall screwed, because even if she isnt that strong, 10 or 20 arms is far too many for most people to handle, especialy all over a body at once.

For anyone who is weapon based, I think she has a huge advantage because she can suddenly pop an arm out and scew them over by messing with the weapon, like she did with that fat ass priest. For example she could make a hand appear and snatch someones sword or gun out of thier hands, and simply shoot them with it.

Zoro is a tricky one, because I think she could screw up all his techniques in a big way - imagine 10 arms grabbing his swords while he's trying to set up Oni Giri or Pheonix Lash, etc. Then again he's so insanely strong theres no way she'd be able to break him like she normally does, so she could prevent his attacks to some extent, but not actualy beat him.

One thing I thought of is that even if someone is too strong for her, she can still prevent them from attack. It doesnt matter if you're a total powerhouse, you're still going to get messed up if you get your eyes covered up in the middle of an attack, or if a hand appears on your leg and trips you over.

Oh one other thought, remember that she doesnt have to exclusively use her powers to win - as we saw with Crocodile, she isnt too fussed about simply stabbing somone, and I'm sure she has no problem firing a gun, too. So even someone too strong for her to kill directly is at a disadvantage. She can blindfold/trip them up, and then just shoot or stab them while they're distracted.

Obviously all logia users are totally unbeatable to her, but then again there are few people who do have any chance against them.

When it comes to the Strawhats, Luffy is way to strong for her, as is Zorro. Sanji doesn't seem abnormally strong when it comes to his upper body, so he's vulnerable to a neck snap. Chopper's form shifting might cause problems for her, and Rumble Ball's Strength Point is probably strong enough to resist her. If she catches him before that he's a gonner though. Nami and Usop have no chance, what with being unfortunatly normal.

28. SeruraRenge

Plus, she couldn't beat Luffy cuz she can't simply snap his neck, or anything else. Rubber = no snap.

29. Meizu

no question she can bring a man to his knees =P
    Only ones i see giving a challenge or being unbeatable are
    Luffy, Buggy and maybe Alvida.. i say her simply cuz i dont know what reaction her DF power would have to Robins. i see luffy as unbeatable to her and Buggy giving her some serious problems in an fight, with all his chop chop crap.

i know one thing, it would suck for someone to die at the hands of Buggy lmao! talk about a crappie way to die.

30. SeruraRenge

In more ways than one. Hehe, I have such a dirty mind:amuse . I gotta save that, right up there with "Who knows what Robin can do with those hands?"