1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Rock Lee AMV, my best yet

Discussion in 'Naruto Fanworks' started by road_rash, Nov 1, 2005.

1. road_rash

That's right, after a long abscence, I have finally finished an AMV which I could put on AMV.org (technically speaking, this is the 3rd AMV I've made since last posting, but that's another story). This vid is truly great and one of my best if not the vest AMV I've ever made. I'm hoping it to surpass my Neji vid which is over 100 stars and got over a 3.8 rating (idk about everyone else, but for me that's friggin sweet as hell). Watch it and enjoy, I know you'll like it.

Tags:
  2. yosemite

3. Spidey

Very good man, definitely one of you're bests :) I picked up on that suble timing you were talking about, and it fit perfectly. You get better and better with each vid you do. Keep it up :cool

4. road_rash

;_; doesn't seem like that many people like it according to rating,s it's only at like 3.41 right now :'(

5. RockLee

That brought tears to my eyes. One of the best I've seen so far. ;_;

6. yosemite

i think the thing is its a good video as far as quality and sync but its just kinda boring as far as i wasnt drawn into it, and the song is kinda monotone, add the fact that i cant understand japanese and it just doesnt connect with me, but it was still a good video=~3.5

7. road_rash

meh, I guess u just gotta undrstand rock lee as a fanboy to understand ut.

8. nabiku_kikuta

Oh this is good... *grins* I'll have to see your Neji one! (later...) ^^ Ugh... I really need to get a new music video maker... that and download RAW's... and I also loved the song~

9. TenshiOni

actually i am a huge lee fanboy, he is actually my favorite character, its just i didnt get pulled into the video at all, i think its good technique wise, maybe i could get some advice from you. because my amv randomely add a pixel problem and the size is too big most of the time, i keep having to tweak render settings.

11. road_rash

I use windows movie maker, so I can only give u advice if you've got that one.

12. Gunslinger37

I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!! awww that was really good very good job

13. Mr. Sandman

OMG! BEST AMV I HAVE SEEN YET! A+!!!
    Seriously, that was AMAZING!
    How did you do all of those effects? They were great!
    Loved the flashbacks together with the fighting. You did a great job!

14. road_rash

:redface Thank you, it's always good to know people liked my videos so much.

There were few effects I really struggles with. The beginning when Rock Lee jumped off that blacony, that was the biggest pain in the ass for the entire edting, cause I had to cut, reverse the footage, make sure timing was on, ect. For the double shot thing, that wasn't too difficult. I couldn't get the initial lotus to look like how I wanted it in my head for some reason, so that was another annoyance. The flashing scenes at the end, I just did a fraction of a second, add, fraction of a different scene, back to the 1st scene, fraction out, add, back to other, fraction, add. I'm thinknig about making a Naruto Vs. Sasuke vid with this song, since tat was what I originally wanted to do, but felt like making a Rock Lee Vs. Gaara vid. Look for that one to come in the future.

15. mageofdeath

lol, decent 3 star vid, not too great, some synching, not much though, song didn't seem to fit the pace of the video, a lot of needless scene fades (overuse and in this case I'd say abuse) the sound effects synchs were great especially in the begining, no subs is always a plus, no real FX or great editing of real importance, really resembles many of your other WMM vids, too much extra unnecessary stuff like the overly long intro and the credits, they just add to the filesize and IMO take away from the final score, if I were to op it on amv.org it'd be somewhere around a 6 out of 10, but you are right it was you're best video I've seen yet, though not the most original of the bunch...

16. Mr. Sandman

The only effect I was really interested in was how you took out the subs while the people were talking. I want to be able to do that without haveing to cut down the size of the clips (so that the subs are not visible).

I was also wondering if you could send me the song you used for the vid. It's a really good song, and I'd like it for my iPod. If you can, could you also send me the song from the opening? Thanks so much!:tem

17. road_rash

^ I didn't take them out, I just downloaded the RAW's for that episode. Also, I don't know how to send you the songs, if u can tell me, I would.

Not much synching? Are you serious? The only part where there wasn't too much synching is his attack on Gaara's sand, and that's it. Everything else, there's quite a lot of synching on.

How were there needless scene fades? I don't see any scene fade that as useless. I needed every one of the mto either make whatever I was trying to do look cool (Lee after he hit the ground jumping from the balcony), and others because I wanted to fit in the entire scene, not jsut take a bit from it for the purpose of the feel of the video (Rock Lee training, I HAD to get all the seconds of the training in, to get the feel of his struggles in)

Well, all I have which I can use is WMM, and their effects don't look too good, plus they would never have worked with the feel I was trying to do. Pllus, do you have any idea how hard it was to do the jumping off balcony scene?!?! O_O

While someof my vids do have some simmilar feels, a good portion of my vids have very different feelings. I don't see this video having the same feel with f-ed up love triangle, non stop action 2, zabuza the demon, F*uck you Itachi, ect. For people who can relate to Rock Lee on a more personal level, they can easily get the message I was trying to say.

I guess while you don't NEED it, I still view it as a very good way to start and end a vid, hook people in in the beginning, and have the credits be somewhat of a resolution after the climactic opening of the gates. Also good emotional scenes with Gai hugging the knocked out Lee.

I actually find it to be quite more original then most of the other Rock Lee Vs. Gaara videos I've seen. They usually follow simmilar patterns, either focus it all on the fights, have fights, then Lee's flashbacks, then more fights, or they don't go from beginnnig to end but add what usually fits in with the song (if the 8 gates look good in the beginning, they do that), while others are the annoying nothing but effects/effect in EVERY frame type of videos that don't really tell a story, but jsut have a bunch of effects. My video was trying to tell a story. That's why I began it with Rock Lee's past, not with the fight. Then, during the fights, I'd add the flashbacks, When Lee couldn't get at Gaara, he had the flashback of all of his training and hard work, then while getting beat down by the sand, getting the flashbacks of times when he was getting beat, and times when he was completely down. I don't see how this vid could be given a score so low as a 6 out of 10.

18. mageofdeath

maybe thats why you're unhappy with your current star ratings...
    and honestly when you compare it to the other videos on the org you can't honestly say it would beat out euphoria or WotB, it really in all honesty is a 6 out of 10, 2 years ago it would have been maybe a 7.5 out of 10, but with all the advancements in amv making it wouldn't be so well scored, still don't believe me? maybe you should request an op from the op forum...

19. road_rash

Unfortunately I don't have the same technology as those guys have at their fingertips, so I have to work with what I have. Plus just because it didn't have a couple of fancy effects doesn't take awaty from the story at all.

20. ~ Masamune ~

21. Ulquiorra Schiffer

OK....What I'm about to say probably isn't going to be deemed as nice....But it's constructive and not flamming.

First, The synching is horribly average...There's nothing special to the synching. It is good for awhile then it's not even there....Then it comes back only to leave again.
    Second, The effects were unneccesary for the most part. It wasn't that visually entertaining and there were times I felt like turning it off.
    Third, to put it simply, pretty boring. The song didn't fit the video at all... The fighting in the the video needs to be supported with a song that can match the rythem of the fight.
    Fourth, The video didn't grab me.... When I watch AMVs they normally have to be exceptional or I won't even continue past the first 40 seconds. AMVs need to grab my attention and not let go....This one couldn't even touch my attention...

Final verdict.....a 4 out of 10....It wasn't impressive to say the least. The synching was good at times and so were the effects....But the good synching didn't last and the effects quickly became overused... The song didn't fit the emotion and the video overall was boring.....

22. Arctic

23. Kappa-chan

I've never made an AMV, so I can't offer much in the way of concrit, but I don't mind telling you that it damn near had me in tears. I thought it was absolutely beautiful. You did a good job. :)

24. NarutoBooto

While i may be new to this whole amv thing, i must certainly say you made lemonade with your lemons. Great vid, my cheeks tingled.