1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Rock Lee (Naruto) vs. Ranma (Ranma 1/2)

Discussion in 'Manga/Anime Battledome' started by EvilMoogle, May 11, 2005.

1. EvilMoogle Supporting Staff

Here's the setup:

We'll take current manga Rock Lee vs. end of series Ranma. General arena fight like the 3rd exam was, with one twist.

After the fight, give them 2 weeks to recover and train and then have a rematch. Give them a third fight if the second one has a different winner than the first.

Fight until one of them is unconcious, gives up (not likely) or dies (also not likely).

Tags:
  2. ObitoX

3. TwinFang

No hesitation.

4. Violence Fight

wow, this is actually a good match. Ranma, speed/Taijutsu wise, *SHOULD* be on par with lee(especially after mastering the Umisenken, which as I recall, relied on him masking his presence and being extremely fast). Lee may be slightling faster, but ranma also has a few interesting techniques that could prove troublesome for lee, Particularly the Chestnuts roasting on an open fire technique which is a blazing fast punch-style taijutsu.

This would be a nice fight, and something i would like to see.

5. Donkey Show

Hmmm, would Ranma's Hiryu Shoten Ha work well against a Gated Lee, considering the Hiryu Shoten Ha uses the enemy's energy against them? Damn, I can't think of a decisive winner...

But if it came down to that showdown, Ranma might be able to pull for the win by an inch. ^^

6. Skida386

This is really good, and a whole part of Ranmas character is that he is smart and is able to figure out his opponent. He also has his chi blast kinda like a kamehameha wave. I dont remember what its called though. ahh Ranma its been soo long.

7. Donkey Show

LOL, I completely forgot about Ranma's cat fist. XD I wonder if that in itself would be good enough to hold of Lee before he unleashed a gate. ^^

8. kreutzerlove

9. Donkey Show

Given the conditions for the battle, since Ranma will more than likely lose the first battle. But since Ranma has never lost to an opponent twice, and considering he is a really smart and creative fighter, I have a feeling he would win.

10. xHeavyArmsx

I would say Lee, especially if he could open more than 5 gates in the second battle. I dont think he would need to in the first, as his Taijitsu is so strong.

11. EvilMoogle Supporting Staff

Well, the cat fist is just unfair, it's by definition the "Invincible technique of becoming a cat and fighting with a cat's ferocity" and no one can stand up to that ;)

My thought was always that Lee would take the first one with the Lotus/first gate. But throughout Ranma, if he's given time there's never been a technique that he hasn't come up for at least a counter for given some time to work. For that matter, it's not inconciveable that he couldn't copy the Lotus given some time to work it out, he's done it in the past.

If he could pull this off that would end Lee. And by the end of the series he doesn't need to do the Spiral much, but if Lee opened his 5 gates I don't know that Ranma could keep up with him at all.

I think it really comes down to if Lee's willing to cripple himself to win the fight.

12. Donkey Show

Exactly! Nobody said his dad couldn't throw in a couple cats into the ring if Ranma was losing. XD

13. Violence Fight

Man, I completely forgot about the Hiryu Shoten Ha. I have a feeling ranma can match Lee's speed without the gates, but if lee truns on the gates, it'd be a huge problem for ranma. I'm going to say that ranma loses the first fight, but forces lee to show off atleast 5-6 gates in the process. After a period of training and analyzing why he lost, I'd say he either figures out how to open the 5-6 gates himself, or figures out some way around them.

My argument for the guys saying lee's taijutsu is so strong...And Ranma's isnt?! The guy ain't exactly chopped liver, as I recall him smacking ryoga around while holding a fishbowl in one hand. I'd say they're even on most accounts, aside from ranma's ability to use energy based attacks. But him and lee are on par speed(Without gates) and Taijutsu wise.

14. Donkey Show

Yeah, the Hiryu Shoten Ha uses the "hot" energy from the enemy and Ranma uses his "cool" energy to create a whirlwind against them. If Lee came screaming with the gates, especially after the first match, Ranma can use his energy against him... granted he can catch Lee.

If Lee is too much for the Hiryu Shoten Ha, Ranma can get sucked up in the tornado, reverse the energy and use the Hiryu Korin Dan against Lee. It'd be very interesting to see the outcome. Ranma's really smart. ^^

15. Sopis

16. EvilMoogle Supporting Staff

Well, the only way he could use the Hiryu Korin Dan is because Herb was throwing chi blasts all over the place, which I'm going to assume Lee wouldn't be able to do ;)

However the only reason the Hiryu Shoten Ha didn't destroy Herb was because Herb is a "master of Chi" which I would translate into Narutoese as "masterful manipulation of chakra." Sakura might be able to counter the Hiryu Shoten Ha, but Lee wouldn't.

If Ranma found a way to match Lee's speed with the gates, Lee's dust.

I think a general outline of the fights would be something like this:

Fight 1: Ranma and Lee spar a bit to get the feel of each other no need for fancy tricks yet. Ranma would eventually get the upper hand in strength and tactical speed on Lee, at which point Lee would try the first-gate Lotus. Ranma's gets caught off guard and taken out (Ranma's track record for first-fights is very poor...)

Fight 2: Starts the same only a little quicker as there's less point in trying to match each other's generic steps. Lee trys the Lotus again, only to find out that Ranma has developed an engenious counter to it. Lee loses a few teeth and they go off for another week.

Fight 3: Lee either decides he wants to open the gates (which would really depend on what the fight was for), or he loses. If he opens the gates it gets tricky, he's going to be way faster than Ranma, but Ranma can take a lot of punishment. Feeling the power of Lee's Flames of Youth he'll undoubtably try the Hiryu Shoten Ha, the only question is can he manuver enough to pull it off.

And if Ranma and the Arena can survive the tornado that's produced ;)

Actually, on a tangent since we are talking about the Hiryu Shoten Ha, can you imagine what would happen with Nine-Tails-Naruto trying to brute-force Ranma? 'Course, then he'd heal and hit him again, but still...

17. Takuza

Ranma, some of his moves are just incridible. all lee has are the gates. but Lee does beat ranma in coolness.

18. The Wanderer

If it's just Regular Rock Lee vs. Ranma it's a close call, and you know what ? Ranma may have the uperhand . . .

But if it's Gates Lee vs Ramma , it's over bro. . . no whats buts or ifs. Ura Renge is more than enough to thrash Ranma big time and for good, so there isn't a second chance for him after that, since you can't develop a counter-attack if you're dead . . .

19. Donkey Show

But you make a good point... would Lee use the gates if he needed to? He'd have to have that reason of protecting someone or something to use them. And he's really isn't fighting to the death... maybe.

20. wolfwood1218

Rock Lee with his gates would cream Ranma.

21. Lucifer

wtf? Ranma would lose!? no way, Ranma pwned Rock Lee in sec....
    it was obviously...

Ranma Universe >>> Naruto Universe, hell yeah!!!!!!!!

Vagnard gives a link, see here.
    i bring you the sexy charecters

22. The Space Cowboy

Uh...Lee -may- win the first fight. After that, Ranma wins every time no exceptions.

Speed: I don't think any of you realize how absurdly fast Ranma is.
    With the chesnut fist Ranma punches at such a speed that he can strike hundreds of times in the same spot and yet it appears to be a single punch.

And this isn't chakra/ki powered temporary speed either. Ranma was taught it by Cologne over the course of several manga volumes. Simply put while Lee with gates could go faster then Gaara's shield of sand. Ranma could make sandcastles out of it.

Other Techniques

Cat-fist: Ranma using the cat fist would be a tough customer for Sasori or Kisame. In this mode he gains what you could effectively call...chakra claws as well as a further speed boost. These claws scratch through pretty much everything, although they don't cut very deep.

Using the cat fist Ranma is literally capable of cutting apart a technique analogus to Zabuza's water dragon.

Shi-Shi Hokodan and Mokotakabisha: Yep...Ranma can blow things up rather judiciously, with something roughly equivalent to ninjutsu. Lee can't. Hiryu Shoten Ha against Lee's gates would be just broken

Ranma is also...very good with swords and is -very- good at a huge range of fighting styles.

In short Saotome for the win. Although I'm not sure Ranma would be too enthusiastic about the fight to begin with.

23. EvilMoogle Supporting Staff

That was about my take on it. I think Ranma probably would lose the first fight, however Lee would have to tip his hand too much in order to do it.

When I made the thread I wasn't even thinking about cat-fist. Cat-fist is overkill, it is an invincible technique after all ;)

Eh, Ranma goes to a ninja fighting tourniment may not fit in too well to the Ranma timestream, but it's not too absurd.

Probably more likely would be Ranma seeks out the currey of life and runs into a green-tighted stranger who he has to fight for the last bowl! ;)

24. Rowloman

I'm Going to put my money on Ranma since Lee can only use the gates if he has people to protect or his dream to protect and since Ranma isn't a threat to those Lee can't use the gates. If Lee can use the gates he'd win first round, since Lee is using forbiden Techniques (since Gai would tell him he could use the forbiden techniques) Genma would feel obliged to let Ranma do it to. He would let Ranma learn the Yama Senken, which would decemate Lee the rematch. In the final round Lee will open all the gates but when Ranma starts throwing vacume blades using a revised form of Umisenken, Kachuu Tenchin Armiguriken, and the Yama Senken Gate opening vaccume blades (hey he revises techniques all the time) he wiould prove to much for Lee.

25. Hamaru

Wow, allot of you people need some help. Ranma would beat the hell out of Lee with or without gates. Lee moves fast but Ranma is faster. Did we forget that Ranma can move at a speed that allows him to force feed a stadium full of people while looking like he is just sitting still? Or the fact that he takes hits from someone like Ryoga who has bigger strength feats then anyone in the Naruto world. Not to mention that he can dodge hundreds of hits a second HEAD ON with in the first 3 vols.....

Ranma is smarter, faster, stronger, has more agility, and skill. Ranma would win this fight eaisly.

26. Dio Brando

Ranma rapes Lee hard. Everything Lee can do, he can do better and then some.
    Btw what an old thread.

27. Yōkai

If they're in character, dont forget that Ranma always win and Rock Lee always loses.

28. Emerald Chaos

Round one would go similarly to his fight with Mikado Sanzenin. It looks like Lee's blitzing Ranma. But it turns out Ranma was blitzing Lee.

Round 2.
    After training. The results are the same. Roasting Lee's over Open Fire

29. EvilMoogle Supporting Staff

Technically Ranma almost always loses the first time he fights someone.

Who dug this thread up, anyway?

30. Amatsu

Please... Ranma Ryu Shoten HA's Lee into the stratosphere.