1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Rock Lee vs Hyuuga Neji

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by runnincrazy, Nov 16, 2004.

Who Would Win?

1. Neji

56.5%
  2. Lee

43.5%
  1. runnincrazy Genius of Hard Work

Neji vs Lee with speed?

Just like to say would Neji beat Lee without his speeds? The only indication that we had of a fight between Neji and Lee was one year before the Chunin exams when Lee had just above average speed and strenght. Even Kabuto tells Sasuke that in the past year his physical stats have gone hella high. There was never an indication of a fight between Neji and Lee when Lee had his max speed. The only indication that we have that Lee is weaker than Neji is that Lee tells us that the Ura Renge was meant for Neji.

However the regular Omote Renge could easily beat Neji in a second. Neji couldn't even master the Omote Renge and there would be no way he could block against the attack beacuse Lee would be too fast. Even the Kaiten would be a waste (even though he learned that after the prelims). Lee had probably never fought Neji with the non weighted speed. If he had he would have used the Omote Renge and won. However he never did. It is true that Lee might not have wanted to break his promise but if the move was to beat his rival he would have. Lee had probably never fought Neji recently and just over estimated his skills. I mean Gaara's sand couldn't keep up with Lee so there would be no way Neji could since Gaara's sand blocked every one of those Rain guys needles.
    LEE!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
    Tags:
  2. otakueric Member

neji could beat rock lee upto when rocklee open the 3rd or maybe 4th gate

3. Explosion of Youth OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

the real question is if Rock can overpower the Kaiten.....If Rock is in gate mode, Neji better be doing the kaiten all freakin day or he will get his ass pounded into the ground

4. ?zamaki?aruto Hokage

-_-*

rock lee can beat neji only on the 1st gate...duh... did u see rock lees speed without the gates and he took off the weights. Neji had a very very hard time only the sharingan could keep up with the speed and using the kaiten would be useless just a waste of chakra... he would run outta chakra within the first hour using kaiten... lee can instantly manuver himself away from kaiten when being used...

5. DeathWolf im a gal kk??

think rock lee can win..

6. Luzzio Lalala.

Rock lee has a higher chance of winning. But if Neji times his moves fast and accurate enough, he might be able to use his defensive Jutsu Kaiten as an offensive one, and hit Lee when he comes close.

7. ?zamaki?aruto Hokage

-_-*

tahts the thing, your not geting the point of speed right now...
    and rock less fighting style..
    first Rock lee can manuver himself when kaiten is being in use and second Rock lee has Drunken fist fighting which leaves Neji to nothing but poop!

8. Luzzio Lalala.

I said Lee has a higher chance. And its not impossible for Neji to win if he uses brains :) Nothing's impossible, even Konohamaru has a chance of beating Itachi to a pulp, though the chances are 1:999999999

9. bluewolf mostly lurking

sure.. rock can beat neji with 4 or 5 gates open.. BUT

unless he starts the battle with the gates open neji seems to be able to handle lee at any lesser state. and rock oppening the gates against neji would be frowned apon in a normal fight. they duel quite often but using the gates for a simple duel is like sasuke and naruto using chidori and rasengan against each other... basicly they would be in trouble.
    ... and lee would be fucked up.

10. [GeNMa] Geez.

it has been mentioned that Byakugan has a better eye of insight that sharingan.. ;/

11. Jyuuken 木丿葉 忍者 - はたけ かかし

i have to agree with that...

one thing, when lee took off his weights, every genin including gaara was surprised and impressed by his speed... and neji just stood there with his arms fold leaning against the wall without any sign of impression...

its only when lee started his 3rd gates did neji start to show a sign of surprise... and also when lee was in his 4th gate mode flying around, neji's eyes are still fixing on lee, meaning he did not lose track of lee...

so i would say lee will only have a chance against neji when he is in at least 4th gate mode...

12. Final Ultima Branding Breach

Insight =/= muscle movement prediction acting as foresight.

13. Xanth New Member

I don't know... Neji seems to get through battles mostly unscatched. I mean in the fight against Naruto he only got hit 1.5 times. .5 goes to the time when he had to use kaiten to block. In his fight against Kidoumaru... he was flawless for a time. Then the projecticles starting raining down. I'm sure the Byukugan has at least comparable insight to the sharingan.

14. Q2Student New Member

There is also the fact that Neji knows Lee well, especially his tendencies. True, the opening of the gates just might be enough for Lee to win, but I think that Neji's intelligence would be able to cope with it quickly enough.

Also, it would only take Lee hitting Neji's spinng defense one time at high speed to get injured, and Byukugan allows Neji to see everything around him with a high degree of accuracy.

My money would still be on Neji, though nit by much.

15. OPTIMUS PRIME Autobot

LEE all the way! WooT! later

=========OPTIMUS

16. ?Naruto-Kun? ........?

Seriously, its obivious!! LEE WOULD BEAT THE FUCK OUT OF NEJI!
    neji has been making fun of lee his whole life, the anger lee would feel when remembering those times alone would drive him to fight at a whole new level.

17. Nidaime-Sama Member

Lee is not one to hold grudges hence what he said to Gaara. Also Neji is not the same person who insults people and believes in an already made destiny

18. Boner Banned

I don't think Lee n Neji will ever fight...but if they do it won't be as simple as Lee opening the gates.

19. volcano_insurance KS chuunin

eh, lee would kick nejis ass in three seconds flat

20. rubbereruben Drunken Fist Style

I think Lee could beat his ass. He ROCKs.... ^_^

21. runnincrazy Genius of Hard Work

You guys remember that Neji learned Kaiten after the practice rounds. He never had Kaiten when Lee was fighting Gaara.

22. ?zamaki?aruto Hokage

either way lee can still beat neji speed is all that matters now with power and thats what lee has, remember altho neji has a 50ft range of sense and vision at 359.5degree vision, lee can move to fast to be sensed by neji, lee would be going so fast that neji thinks hes everywhere. but neji is training now for 3 years so pretyt much hes gonna have something up his sleeves by then also with lee

23. runnincrazy Genius of Hard Work

Yah they'll both probably have some stronger kickass moves =]. It'd be cool if Lee could be able to open all 8 gates and even learn some new taijutsu moves. =]

24. jemakai Active Member

He DID have Kaiten, he just choose not to use it in his fight against hinata. After the fight pupet dessert guy(I forgot his name) said that he is an monstor and was holding back alot of his power in that match. Do you guys think he just learned that during that month? He probably learned it the same time Lee was learning to use the gates.
    If Lee wants to win he has to out last Kaitan, but can he do that? You guys are forgeting that fast speed and opening gates takes alot out of him, he doesn't have much time after he opens a gate. I think that it would be a tie, with them both being exausted and neji acknowledging Lees strenght(I think it will still be even after the time jump). :cool:

ps. If Lee learns to open all 8 gates then he will be able to kill neji, but if they both die I still see it as a tie.

25. Chillin The New Sword

Lee just taking off his weights would not be enough to defeat Neji. Neji beats Lee's ass until he opens 5 gates, then it is up in the air. Then I imagine it depends on if Neji can get the Kaiten off in time before Rock Lee goes on his onslaught, or if Neji gets it off in time, can Lee penetrate the Kaiten.

26. runnincrazy Genius of Hard Work

No watch Episode 55 again or read that one chapter (FORGOT!!! But I'll edit my post and get it in here soon). Neji learns Kaiten when he is training with Tenten after the matches.

27. ?zamaki?aruto Hokage

your not getting it against lee adn nejis kaiten.
    if lee is so fast, then neji cant see where hes going, especially in that speed faster than a reg eye. to use kaiten takes out chakra and speed too, but lee canjust allow neji to use kaiten by wasting the time. neji cant use kaiten in time for lee to come in and hit.

28. Raikiri R.I.P. Kisame, keep pimpin

It's a draw at best for Lee. He can't land a knockout blow on Neji unless he opens 5 gates, and with 5 gates, he will end up in the hospital with grave injuries again. I guess you could call that a 'victory', but when you have to cripple yourself to beat someone, that's not much of a victory in my book.

29. jemakai Active Member

Just because that was the first time you saw him practice with it, doesn't mean that he didn't have before then. It would be silly to use one of your best moves when you don't need to, it gives away your ability to surprise your opponents. He probably would not have used it in his fight with naruto if he didn't have to, he is not one to show off. Kankurou said that Neji was holding back. I will give you that fact that I don't know for sure that he knew it before the prelims, but all the hints show that he did.

And you guys still think Lee can run around all day with that speed, he can't. both of them will run out of juice at the same time. It will be a draw. It even the best outcome plotwise(Neji admits that Lee is his equal, fans of both characters are happy!).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2004
  30. ?zamaki?aruto Hokage

by the time neji spins lee can see that hes using the kaiten thus avoiding the counter and making neji waste his chakra more. y u thikn speed has a greater advantage then power. and also opening each gate allows the user to increase the flow the chakra in his body thus having the same amount of chakra but using it faster and stronger and giving him a secret intense amount which causes his muscles and such to get injured.