1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Rock Lee's infamous GATES...WHAT ZEE F-CK is it

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by adam5aby, Oct 18, 2006.

1. adam5aby The Flame Alchemist

ok i dont understand the whole gates phenomena once exhibited by rock lee in his chuunin exam match

1.what the hell is this gate opening stuff anyways. how do you release more chakra that you didnt have before...where the hell is it coming from (anus)?

2.how is one able to release this stuff...is it something to do with innate ability? training? do you just think really hard? can anyone do it but its just too dangerous that only a few do it while surviving?

4.who is capable of doing this besides rock lee and gai? why dont others use it when theyre about to lose a fight as a last resort...basically, why have we only seen this from lee?

3.rock lee has to use some gates for primary and seconday lotus ...does the primary and seconday parts refer to the gates that have to be opened?

4.more techincal-how many gates are there?...how many can lee open? and whats the point of even opening gates if its going to kill you in the end (defeats the entire purpose of opening the gates in the first place right?)

5.LAST QUESTION: lee's arms and legs were really messed up from garaa...but wasnt he already totally effed when Kakashi said "his muscles are ripping apart from his bones" after opening some random number of gates.. so why does gaara's sand thing get all the credit...it was actually lee's gates mang! (not really a question but what the hey)

**does naruto unleashing kyuubi count as opening a gate?

Tags:
  2. Sasori-puppet#02 Delicious Burger

Normally (according to Gai), regular humans only use 10% of their muscles capacity, because any further that 10% would damage the muscles. Releasing the gates will allow the body to exceed the 10% limit.

It's said that most jounins can open a few of them. It's assumed that Kakashi opened the first gate when he was training once. Gai and Lee have both opened gates. Kishimoto limited the gates to mostly these two characters because it's one of their trademark powerups. Also, you need at least SOME talent to be able to open the gates (according to Kakashi), but Lee may have been a different case because of his own dedication and Gai's teachings.

Like I said before, Kakashi MAY have done it (My guess is yes he has), but the reason why we dont see it too often is because Masashi Kishimoto wants to associate the Gates with Lee and Gai. There's another reason; opening the gates is a double edged sword. If you open a gate, you will be severely drained and tired afterwards.

In order to execute secondary lotus, Lee needs to release the first gate. I'm assuming so because he needs the boost in strength or speed that the secondary lotus requires. Same goes for Primary Lotus.

Lee can open five out of eight gates. And the reason why ANYONE would want to open all eight gates is if he or she has someone to kill, and will do so at ANY cost, including death.

Yes, this part was really weird me. Lee was severely injured because his body couldn't handle the strain of releasing five gates, but for a LONG time after his fight with Gaara, his arm and leg were STILL heavily bandaged. Just know that Lee was out of commission because of the side effect resulting from releasing the gates.

No.

3. Kidd SD Project & Taka Translator

Quick comment, "primary" and "secondary" are erroneous translation if you look for the kanji in the manga. It's true that "primary" and "secondary" can indeed be called "ura" and "omote" in japanese, but it's not -those- ura and omote that's used for the Renge techniques. They're martial art terms, where omote means "front" and ura means "back". An omotegeri is a kick to the front while an urageri is a kick to the back, for instance.

4. Even [Taka] Translator

^that, I didn't know:omg thanks for the info:grin

5. Denaike Pig Benis

Not entirely true. A urageri is a form of kicking implying some sort of form where the back of the 'kicker' is (temporarely) shown to the oponent (say a roundhouse- or a horsekick).

6. willtheshadow Too Hard for a Custom Title

This will probly answer aot of your questions regarding the gates themselves and there are 8.

1.Opening (Initial) releases the brain's ability to limit the strain on the muscles, giving the user five times their normal strength.

2.Rest (Heal) releases the brain's limit on the body's stamina, making a battle-worn person become miraculously ready to fight as if the fight had just started.

3.Life is located on the spinal cord, and releases the limit on the nervous system, which makes information travel at a faster rate and creates even more stamina. As a side effect, the user's skin turns red, indicating an increased blood-oxygen level.

4.Pain (Harm) releases the limit on oxygen intake in the lungs, creating much more oxygen for the body to use.

5.Closing (Limit) releases the limit on the amount of chakra released at one time.

6.Joy (View) removes the limit on how much fat and proteins the intestines can digest, and releases otherwise useless energy resources, giving the user even more power and stamina.

7.Shock (Wonder / Insanity) removes the limit on how fast the body can move, removes wastes from dead skin cells to feces, and gives the body a much cleaner system to work with, producing even more power and stamina.

8.Death opens the final gate located at the heart and uses up all of the body's energy. It makes the heart pump at maximum power and exceeds the power of every other gate. Even the energy in every individual cell is used up, giving the user power well above that of any Kage. This "big bang" effect is only temporary, and destroys every muscle in the user's body. Death is assured when opening this gate.

7. Firedraconian Lather, rinse, repeat

And each Gate has increasingly bad side-effects, right?

So Open Gate would damage the muscles, Heal Gate would damage your stamina, Life Gate damages the nervous system, Harm Gate damages your lungs, Limit Gate damages your chakra system, View Gate damages your digestive/metabolic system, Insanity Gate damages your body's cleaning system, and Death Gate... well, kills you.

8. Rongasm Great Ronizuka

dont they explain everything in the episodes of Rock Lee vs. Gaara? And regarding the reason why lee was defeated was because of his arm and leg being crushed by gaara, not by his muscles being torn up. If I remember correctly, the wound gate...eliminates pain? i dunno i forgot. But remember that when his leg and arm were crushed his gate opening was over.

9. neo-dragon Active Member

Yes. It seems to be a common misconception that openning the gates is what caused Lee's severe injuries. However, I'm pretty sure that his lasting injuries were due to Gaara shattering the bones in his arm and leg, the fragments of which became lodged in parts of his body where they could have caused even more damage, and would have been fatal to remove surgically by anyone less qualified than Tsunade.

10. gokuden553 Banned

Only a few gates were opened not all.

11. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

I forgot. How much gates did Lee open when he fought aginst Gaara?

12. Saf The Fresh Prince of Konoha

The first five.

13. UKNoUraDumbnut2 New Member

Hmm can Lee (or anyone) open the Gates out of order?

Like opening just the Life Gate if he wanted a lot of stamina/quick reflexes.

14. Kidd SD Project & Taka Translator

Alright, thanks for informing. I've never done any body-using martial art, so I was just guessing about how to apply the terms, really :p All I've done is iaidou, heh heh. Rep no jutsu!

We don't know, but my guess is No. It doesn't make sense that Lee would bother to open all the gates one after another in his fight against Gaara if all he wanted was the Ura Renge, if he was simply able to open the third and fifth gate alone instead.

EDIT: 500 post mark, booya xD

15. Denaike Pig Benis

Osu! Sankyou! :p

An honest mistake though: as in martial arts the terms are very freely used. Too freely if you ask me. I perfom shinkyukikoshinkai karate in The Netherlands (Holland). As you can see the name for it is abnormaly long, because the holders of the dojo wanted to encorperated 'thruth' in the name. The first 'shin' is truth, but I the second doesn't... FTW eh? ;)

I could go on forever, but anyways: congrats on the posts bro!

16. Vexx88

another way of thinking is that in order to open one of the gates, you must be able to open the previous one, e.g opening the 3rd gate requires you to open the 2nd n 1st gates

17. SpoonTypeR Bαnned

Kakashi opened a gate when he was training. He was climbing the mountain with 1 hand tied behind his back. Just before he reached the top, he lost grip and slipped. Just then, he released a GATE!

18. Konoha Leaf Village Hokage

wow i didn't know these info's :amazed thanks

19. Dicdonya Im a little teapot...!

No, the gate opening is what the lasting effects were from. Bone shards dont travel up your leg and arm and get lodged into your spine(where they wound up and thus why operating on them was insanely dangerous because the spinal collumn is right there). Im pretty positive on that, if some MD wants to come in and tell me how bone fragments traval that far in the body and wind up in the spinal column Ill just shut the heck up and agree it was from Gaara.

Otherwise no, the force of his speed, the intense muscle contracting going on during the opened gates, caused his bones near his spine to fragment and then became lodged into the spinal column. Causing him to be permanantly damaged.