1. opcontest
    Vote in the One Piece Fanart Contest!
    The Voting ends on Jul 10, 2020 at 6:13 PM.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alley Banner Contest
    Join the Alley's Thread Festival!
    Make a thread a day from the 1st to the 10th of July.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Rookies Drama

Discussion in 'Featured Manga of December 2011' started by Niabingi, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Niabingi

Has anyone here watched the Rookies JDrama?

I watched about 20 minutes of episode 1. I was excited about it because I love this manga a lot! Having never watched a J-Drama I was shocked by the low production values; then Shinjo was some white kid who looked anything but tough and I stopped.

So, should I actually give the drama a chance. Does it bring the characters to life?

Tags:
  2. Badalight

All japanese dramas have low production values. The Rookies drama is actually really expensive compared to most dramas. If you don't like that style in the first place then you definitely won't like it, but it's the best manga to drama adaption out there.

3. Niabingi

I wanted to give it a chance and look past the low production values... Then Shinjo showed up and he looked like a dick. That was what really threw me.

I want to try and give it a chance but was waiting for someone to tell me if it's worthwhile or not.

4. Badalight

I didn't like how shinjo looked at first, but honestly if you think about it how much better could they have done? That guy is huge. They wanted a good mix between actors that looked like their manga counter-parts but were also good actors. From my understanding, the guy who played Shinjo is pretty popular.