1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Round 2: Shinn vs Kira

Discussion in 'Gundam' started by dspr8_rugged, Mar 10, 2005.

Who will emerge as the victor?

1. Kira Yamato + Freedom

110 vote(s)
    82.7%
  2. Shinn Asuka + Impulse/Destiny

23 vote(s)
    17.3%
  1. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

Remember the last time I asked this poll question on who will win between these two protagonists from both SEED sagas? Kira won the last poll.

But this time, I decided to create another poll (since I closed the poll on the other one, but this time, it would be 'til infinity...) for us to think and decide who will emerge as the victor.

Shinn as of the recent episodes has improved his piloting skills, and without relying much on SEED Mode, while Kira hasn't lost his piloting touch. And with the advent of these two getting new Gundams, would there be a change on who will have an advantage on whom?

What do you guys think?

Tags:
  2. Mindless Ergo Proxy

I still think Kira would emerge as winner. Why?

Kira has seen more horrible things compared to Shinn, eventhough Shinn lost his family right infront of him. Kira has seen more battle fields than Shinn. Kira always fought at a disadvantage (in numbers). He battled against Aegis, Duel, Buster and Blitz and the same time and still he managed to come out on top. I doubt Shinn could do that. He couldn't even scratch Chaos or Neo's Windam MS.

Kira also has a superior suit compared to Shinn, at least when comparing Freedom with the Impulse. Freedom vs. Destiny we can't really tell. Freedom is a heavy-support / melee / mid-range gundam. Destiny also seems to be quite an adaptable suit as it has both a beamsword, a positron cannon and a normal rifle. But I still think Freedom is superior.

But as it stands now it seems Kira is getting a new gundam in Destiny. Wonder how that happens? I don't think he'll be defeated by Shinn at least. But somehow he get's wrecked.

And I don't think we can compare the Freedom Mk.II and Destiny in battle as I don't think they will fight eachother ever again after the Suez battle in ep24/25. Where Kira supposedly will destroy the Minervas Tannhauser positron cannon and kill Haine.

Later in the anime, I bet we will see something similar to the Kira + Athrun batteling against the EA and stuff, but instead it will be Kira + Shinn fighting them. And the Minerva will become the next Archangel. But who knows? We aren't even half way trough the anime yet. Alot of things can happen, and will happen.

3. Chillin The New Sword

I don't know. Kira I think will always be the better pilot, but Shinn's Destiny Gundam might just have enough power to make up for that. Gotta wait and see

4. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

If someone dosn't give Kira the "You killed his family" joke, then Kira will own Shinn. I mean seriously we already know Asuran is a much better pilot then Shinn, even Rey Za is (except when shinn goes SEED mode) , so Kira is like out of his league.

5. Jh1stgen Active Member

Granted ... as much as Shinn has improved. He's still in a different league compare to Kira

6. TDW The New King

I dont even want to have to justify myself. Kira would own Shin any day.

7. Son_Pan Now Here Is Nowhere

i voted for Kira. Kira is WAY better than Shinn.

8. Hayate Dropped as a baby

I voted for Kira too, though I wouldn't be surprised if Shinn could evenly match him one day with a new gundam and better knowledge of his Seed mode. So, for now. . Kira.

9. Hansel i am the weapon

Not only that, Freedom is pure nuclear power baby. Keep Shinn away from Minerva long enough and his phase shift goes down.

10. Toshigo New Member

Seriously Kira is the Ultimate coordinator! Shinn maybe their going to reveal some big secret about his creation but for now kira pwnz. Oh and impulse i'nst powered by nuclear but destiny will probably be.. don't forget that zaft invented that technologie and shinn is with zaft...

todokeee!!!

11. LOLZILLA Simply Superior

I love both characters but Kira is much more experienced and he is the "ultimate" coordinator so yeah. Shinn in the Impulse cannot touch Freedom.

12. Jh1stgen Active Member

He couldn't even touch Neo =/

13. Orihime Banned

:p Kira for me. The reason? XD I just really really really dislike Shinn. XD <--biased, but whatever.

Well, and I don't know. Experience-wise, Kira definitely has more experience, cause I think Shinn signed up for military after the war or whatever? /me not sure about this one since I havne't been watching. Anyway, no one can beat the original angst master. >D At least he got some while he was angsting (Fllay, anyone?) while Shinn just... angsts. :p *runs*

14. Inactive Setsuna Angel Lord

Kira is definitely more experienced and skilled than Shinn! I can't wait to see Yamato fights again but seems like it won't happen anytime soon! :sad

15. Mith252000 Wandering Soul

Err, I believe in the next episode, he would be fighting. Anyway, I am one of the few who votes for Shin. No reason whatsoever. Support the underdog. :p

16. Mu Dada It's pointless

Kira hands down, Shinn acts too much like a punk, Kira needs to put him in his place already :)

17. Habuneeku Fan of Shikamaru

Kira:
    Has Freedom, the 00ber Gundam
    Is more experianced
    Already got through the worst part of his "I failed to protect people so I'll go overboard with protecting who I have now and be easily manipulated" phase
    Is more likable

Shinn:
    Has Impulse, which doesn't seem to be THAT much better, and a new Gundam which I haven't seen yet since I haven't gotten that far
    Is a punk
    Is still in his "over-protective" phase

Winner:Kira

18. Jh1stgen Active Member

After watching episode 23. It is safe to say that the difference in power between Kira and Shinn is that there is a large gap between em' when they're in seed mode. So Kira>>>>Shinn

19. Wren Daemon of War

this doenst even have to be justified.....shinn needs a LONG way to go before he is anywhere near close to touching Kira.

20. me_is_david Today We Are All Hokies.

as much as would love Shinn to be a good pilot
    he isn't compared to Kira

he isn't even in the same league... but maybe once Shinn gets more experience and Destiny it would be more of a fair fight

we haven't seen what Destiny can do... it has a cannon and a sword... and if the pictures are official... and shining finger type thing or shining palm i guess haha

21. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

Here's what I think.

Give Shinn a little credit. Apparently, Shinn is not getting there yet. He isn't kickass so far. He's still miles behind Kira in terms of piloting ability. Give him a few years more (though I don't want another SEED sequel to come out...), and he can be as kickass as Kira. So far, Kira will definitely own him even how hard he fights against him.

One factor is that Kira is still using Freedom (in which, seeing it as cannon fodder doesn't add to Freedom's "cool factor"...). Though I don't think anything would change if he pilots a standard MS. Not to mention, Kira hasn't piloted any MS aside from a Gundam.

22. koopo Hunter

Is it just me or did Kira seam just a little bit to "powerfull" in the newest episode.

23. Bronwen ...bored to death

In comparison to what he did in the latter half of SEED? I don't think so. Did people simply forget what he did in SEED? If I didn't know any better, I say he was getting a bit rusty. :laugh

He simply is doing what he intended to do when he agreed to interfere in that battle just to appease his sister.

I could've sworn Shinn was a second generation coordinator...

As for the topic at hand, I seriously like both character enough. Admittedly, Kira I like more because I saw more of him to like and I can easily sympathize in comparison to Shinn.

For this battle I still say Kira, simply cause 23 simply reminds us that he is far from being like any other coordinator. He is more. :smile-big Andy did say that Kira was an elite among coordinator pilots and 23 just proved he is.

24. Hansel i am the weapon

Hells no man. He just proved that he is the best pilot. In order to take on everyone like he did without killing any of them is much better than anything Shinn can do right now. Kira is fucking awesome.

25. NaraShikamaru geegeegeegee-dragon. >:|

Well i dont care if the judging has been decided but Shinn Asuka would win hands down... Kira would get 2 cocky and f**k up then shinn and impulse would come and and destroy freedom and destroy kira...its gonna happen! Trust me it will happen just wait in the upcoming episodes

26. Toshi Umezawa New Member

I would say Kira because ; 1) He is a more powerful form of Coordinator 2) He has more control over "seed" mode 3) And in the latest episode he disarmed Shinn before he knew what happened.

27. Chillin The New Sword

I think I'm going to go on ahead and vote for Kira. I don't think it was ever an issue or a point in this story for Shinn to surpass/beat Kira in battle. For instance Amuro and Char were still better pilots than Kamille, and Haman (a villain of sorts) was better than even Scirocco (the main villain) by the end of Zeta. Shinn was never meant to be a better pilot than Kira, Destiny is about something totally different. Shinn doesn't have to be the best pilot or have the best mobile suit to be the main character and fight the main villain. Even by the end of Destiny I highly doubt he will have surpassed Kira, especially if Kira gets this Nu Freedom. They may be even if Destiny is stronger than Freedom/Nu Freedom. But overall ability and the fact that Kira is the ultimate coordinator should give him the slight edge. Take Amuro and Char in CCA. Char had the slightly better mobile suit, but Amuro's abilites made the difference.

Unless Shinn's Destiny is a much better suit than whatever Kira is piloting be it Freedom or something else, I don't see how Shinn will win. Like I said though this anime isn't about Shinn being better than Kira. The writers would have some serious explaining to do if all of a sudden Shinn were to own Kira. I'll go on and say it would be one of the most ludicrous things we would ever see in the Seed storyline if that were to happen unless Shinn is like ultimate coordinator #2 fresh out the factory. Like I said I highly doubt they will even fight again, so my vote goes to Kira.

28. Baka-Sama Dum-De-Dum

Well of course it's going to be Kira. I mean think about it. Kira has the ability to weild SEED when he feels like it. Shinn has to become very angry. Kira has more control over his emotions since Gundam Seed, and Shinn is just way to reckless. Shinn has a very powerful Gundam but he cant use it as well. and if Shinn is gonna continue and get stronger, so is Kira! Kira is just way to strong and it would be scary if he were to become stronger. but i hafta say. Kira did wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better at the battle at Jakin Due when he fought Providence. Now that my friend was a battle to remember. and while i was reading pplz's comment bout this Thread i read that "Kira is gonna get a new Gundam" when is that happening?

29. NaraShikamaru geegeegeegee-dragon. >:|

Shinn would wipe the floor with Kira...Kira would get way 2 cocky and think he is easy to beat... Shinn would turn the battle around and destroy Kira...the only reason KIra disarmed Shinn was because Shinn was un battle and Kira at the time had SEED and was much stronger at that moment...If there were no distractions for Shinn he would of dodged easy

30. Baka-Sama Dum-De-Dum

umm not really. The kira in gundam seed destiny is not even close to cocky. he was NEVER cocky, besides Shinn is way to reckless and will go on charging at fredom without even aim'ing. kira would haf kicked shinn's ass even without the seed mode.