1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] Rules question about minorities.

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by IchLiebe, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IchLiebe Da Sage

So we can't disparage minorities or 'attack' them blatantly for no reason then n their status as minorities right?

@Nd Cafe

Tags:
  2. Avalon

If I remember correctly (because shadow deleted the thread), you can "attack" stuff that people can control (political and religious affiliation for example) and can't "attack" stuff that they can't control (race and sexual orientation for example).

3. Avalon

Which minority group btw? Just curious. :popcorn

4. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

So I shouldn't take the piss out of IchLiebe, because nobody with control of their lives would choose to be that guy.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. Suigetsu

6. IchLiebe Da Sage

Well it depends. What constitutes a minority? Town, city, state, country, region, world?

Like if your a Christian from Iraq on here attacking muslims, are you really attacking minorities/ a minority in your perspective?

I've noticed mods don't really care to warn to many folks in religious denigration...but as one person said it seems to be alright.

7. IchLiebe Da Sage

8. IchLiebe Da Sage

Well if I was gay you'd say I had no choice on that....sooooooo?

9. Suigetsu

10. IchLiebe Da Sage

Well now we are starting....well you are, to label gender specifics onto certain wolves. That's a dangerous road when the mods are watching...I half assed expected to be banned just for the presumption of the question asked.

11. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

So I wouldn't praise or criticise you just for being gay. I might form an opinion on whether or not a specific gay person acts in a moral or immoral way.

I should consider the people I insult the most on these forums though. People who don't understand things.

Some people are just naturally extremely dumb, other people have the potential to be smarter or more well informed than they are. There are people who would use their average intelligence to argue with a completely closed mind. Either because they hate to lose or confront their own biases.

Its fine to take the piss out of people who choose to be ignorant. But sometimes I might inadvertently insult someone who turns out to be so stupid that they might never have the capacity to understand that they are stupid.

12. Majin Lu Dark Magician Girl Global Moderator

Flag:
    Brazil
    The bolded: I think it doesn't matter the perspective in this case, attacking persons due their religion is wrong.

I only gave one warn about a religious matter in the DB section and it was in a pm. In the end, the member didn't know what he posted could make muslims mad... So I deleted his post and explained why. In the end, we both did learn something new that day.

Regarding The Cafe, he can help you better:

@mr_shadow

13. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

How do you know the extent of how closed one's mind is?

14. MawDezrtarsh22 Better watch out...i'm coming

Your profile pic makes this thread 10x more hilarious.

15. Aphrodite Bite Me

16. MawDezrtarsh22 Better watch out...i'm coming

It's only like two weeks old, and was on the front page :doge

17. Aphrodite Bite Me

18. Alibaba Saluja Depths of the Ocean

19. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

You a Battledome character?

20. Alibaba Saluja Depths of the Ocean

Throughout our culture, there seems to be an identity crisis. People do not know who they are. Daily, we are bombarded with lies. “You are what you look like.” “You are what you buy.” “You’re just an animal with a conscience.” “You are whatever you choose to be.” “You are nothing.”

No wonder people are confused.

What’s behind this struggle of identity? It comes down to worldview. Because we are made in the image of God, God is the fixed reference point on which our design, purpose, and value are established. If we want to know who we are, we must start by looking up (at Him), not around (at others) or within (at ourselves).

Who Am I? The Spiritual Element

Who am I? For those who reject or forget God, like atheists, humans are just here. What makes humans valuable? We look around for the best, the brightest, or the coolest. Of course, those who are weak, disabled, or otherwise misfit are left out. History, as well as the daily news, tells of the horrible consequences of this way of thinking.

Pantheists, on the other hand, say that god is an abstract principle in all of us. Therefore we need only look within for our value. Of course, some find in themselves a desire to help others, while others find in themselves a desire to hurt others. If everyone is god, whose view is right?

Without exception, cultures that fail to recognize God inevitably dehumanize people. The biblical worldview, in contrast, teaches that we are brilliantly created by God and designed for His noble purpose. Though sinful, we can be reconciled to God in Christ and come to a proper understanding of ourselves.

21. Alibaba Saluja Depths of the Ocean

When a baby is born, he's born loving all of Creation, he knows nothing more than to love and to trust.

However, due to society's shortcomings and his own parent's shortcomings (who in turn learned from their own parents and so on) the baby learns how to fear and defend itself from external factors. It builds masks after masks, building an ego who only knows how to defend itself and being false to itself to get what it wants (love). When the masks are solidified enough, a split with its essence occurs, making the person feel empty inside. That person then tries to fill that void with external factors all his life when truthfully he only needs to relearn what he forgot. And that is connecting to God, which is within us, God is love and so are we. We just forgot. The more "evil" someone is, the more masks and pain that person has in its system, and more disconnected it is to its own essence.

Short answer to who I am.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.